Official Dak Sucks Thread - Mega Merge

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
They were polled during the offseason, and each group agreed that he's top 10.
Well the Offense (minus Dak) was also Top 10, and whilst his QBR and Rating were outside top 10, we were ranked 8 in rushing yards.

Can someone explain what's Dak's USP? We mention different scheme's, but surely you need a scheme that focus' on the QB's strengths.....but what is it?

- cant/wont scramble any more
- isnt mobile enough to extend downs, giving receivers time to get open
- not particularly accurate!!!
-doesnt throw into space to allow YAC
- read defenses, especially post snap changing alignments
- youth
- cheap, allowing a receiving corp of receivers that my mother could find.
- appears to lose confidence when time's ticking and needs TD's

What is it that he does , HE CAN PLAY WITH A LEAD, well Cowherd says, most QB's can do that (especially against lesser teams).

We arent going to beat the 49ers by doing same ole, Dak should be told, 'prove it, do something, you cant sit in your comfort bubble'..... at least you'll go down dying/trying (and we'll save $34m on the post June cut if it fails).

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Draft a QB in round 1-3 more than once every 30 years.
I would draft a quarterback, every single season with the late round pick. I’ve been saying it for years. You never know what you’re going to get even for trade bate

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well the Offense (minus Dak) was also Top 10, and whilst his QBR and Rating were outside top 10, we were ranked 8 in rushing yards.

Can someone explain what's Dak's USP? We mention different scheme's, but surely you need a scheme that focus' on the QB's strengths.....but what is it?

- cant/wont scramble any more
- isnt mobile enough to extend downs, giving receivers time to get open
- not particularly accurate!!!
-doesnt throw into space to allow YAC
- read defenses, especially post snap changing alignments
- youth
- cheap, allowing a receiving corp of receivers that my mother could find.
- appears to lose confidence when time's ticking and needs TD's

What is it that he does , HE CAN PLAY WITH A LEAD, well Cowherd says, most QB's can do that (especially against lesser teams).

We arent going to beat the 49ers by doing same ole, Dak should be told, 'prove it, do something, you cant sit in your comfort bubble'..... at least you'll go down dying/trying (and we'll save $34m on the post June cut if it fails).
when was the offense top 10 exactly?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I would draft a quarterback, every single season with the late round pick. I’ve been saying it for years. You never know what you’re going to get even for trade bate
maybe an over kill. I have been advocating to draft a QB, every 2,3 years in first 3 rounds. develop and see what you have, its not working, then you do it again.

every year, wouldn't work, as after three years you have 4 QBs and they may need different development timelines.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
maybe an over kill. I have been advocating to draft a QB, every 2,3 years in first 3 rounds. develop and see what you have, its not working, then you do it again.

every year, wouldn't work, as after three years you have 4 QBs and they may need different development timelines.
Maybe I should’ve said until we found one lol

MikeT22

Reaction score
I would do that occasionally but can't rely on that. Those late round QB success stories are few and far between.

Nav22

Reaction score
That’s just it. He’s getting paid elite money and he’s average.
He's really not getting paid "elite money" though.

His contract is something like 10th-richest among QBs.

Aftershock

Reaction score
He's really not getting paid "elite money" though.

His contract is something like 10th-richest among QBs.
He's 6th in Cap Hit this year. It's not total contract value that matters, it's yearly cap hit.

Jimbo69

Reaction score
It can't be easy knowing I've been right all along. I've literally always said Dak's good but not elite.

Have I interacted with you in the past? You're certainly not memorable to me in any way. You sound like some chubby little dork who was bullied years ago and never got over it.

I hope this fabricated "gotcha" moment brought you some closure!
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
Now it's just insults. Well done. Put some more emojis up.
I'm a little older than you and happy that if I had any interaction with you I'd have to have a long bath afterwards.
We have word in England for people like you who talk crap and act like a child behind a keyboard.
It rhymes with anchor and starts with a W.
What a sad existence. On this site 25/7 spouting rubbish and resorting to insults as soon as you lose an argument. I'd take some time off mate, spend time with family , relax. But I fear you are alone, bored and this site looms large in your life.
Cheers .

Nav22

Reaction score
Now it's just insults. Well done. Put some more emojis up.
I'm a little older than you and happy that if I had any interaction with you I'd have to have a long bath afterwards.
We have word in England for people like you who talk crap and act like a child behind a keyboard.
It rhymes with anchor and starts with a W.
What a sad existence. On this site 25/7 spouting rubbish and resorting to insults as soon as you lose an argument. I'd take some time off mate, spend time with family , relax. But I fear you are alone, bored and this site looms large in your life.
Cheers .
Yeah.

DEFINITELY bullied you in the past.

Thanks for that novel. Confirms that I live rent-free in that empty skull.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

plymkr

Reaction score
Offseason plan:

- Trade/cut Dak
- Fire McCarthy
- Hire the best, brightest young offensive mind available
- Draft QB in first three rounds (preferably in 1st)
- New coach works with Lance
- Lance starts in 2024 unless rookie is a prodigy
- Hope one of the two QBs works out

This is the only logical solution. But Jerry is no doubt gonna double down on both Dak and McCarthy and we are gonna be sitting here this time in 2024 having the same discussions.
I’m not so sure Jerry will double down on Dak. I think it would feed Jerry’s delusional thinking he’s a football guy if Trey Lance became the real deal. It would be a massive ego boost for Jerry if Trey becomes legit and he got him from our biggest rival.

It’s just as possible Jerry doubles down on Trey to prove he’s a real GM. IMO it’s more of a possibility Jerry doubles down on Trey if Dak continues his regression. Remember Jerry made this trade by himself and he loves the glory of getting it right.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
when was the offense top 10 exactly?
Lol, you're still fighting the good ole Dak fight. Arent we presently top 10 offense? You and your ilk are always holding onto stats to make the argument that Dak's top 10 (as well as the 'ole who are you replacing him with).

I admire your stubborn support for a QB that's CAP hit means we cant stack the offense with top end talent that he needs to assist him.

You your self admitted this was the season to determine his future, Arizona and SF are highlighting that he's not the solution to get us where we want to be.....great blaming every other aspect of the team, but he's not playing up to his CAP hit.

The irony is that If you still want Dak extended your only hope is JERRY.