Official non-PI Call Thread **merged**

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I think we all know we got away with one. But really killed the Lions in that sequence was not going for it on fourth and then the shanked punt.

Bad call or not... Detroit had their chances after that play and they couldn't do it. A 10 yard punt didn't help immediately after either. As the game wore on, Detroit was playing worse and worse and Dallas was just hitting their stride.

Detroit had the entire 2nd half to score more than 3 points and they couldn't do it. They had the entire second half to keep the Dallas offense out of the end zone and they couldn't do it. Stafford fumbled away the game and then the Dallas defender fumbled it right back to give Stafford a new set of downs and he still couldn't do it.

The game was slipping away the entire second half and Detroit had plenty of chances to do something about it.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Just like I used to say about Romo. No matter what happened during the game, the fact is, Stafford had the ball at the end to win it and choked.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
We got really lucky there. No way around it. They call that plus Dez on th field that's at least 3 points plus momentum.

Play of the game.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I count four potential penalties on the play (in order):

Offensive PI - Pettigrew using his arm to hold back Hitchens
Illegal Hands to the Face - Pettigrew had his hand wrapped in Hitchens' facemask
Defensive PI - Hitchens gave a little shove at the end as the ball neared
Unsportsmanlike Conduct - Dez running out on the field when he's not involved in the play

If anything, offset everything and replay the down.

I was going to post the same thing. And the offensive fouls were more flagrant than the defensive ones, not that it matters.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Wow, one post and I got banned from that site.... Their kinda sensitive over there.... :lmao2:

LOL, that was you? :laugh:

They can be a tad sensitive when you call them foreskins, although they have no issue with the term Pukes or cowboys.

Should have probably stayed away from that when they're already so upset about Dallas moving on in the playoffs... you know that is worse to them than the Commanders getting knocked out.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
The deep official original called it. No angle.
They talked and the side judge saw it better.
Good flag pick up.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
What is the rule there? IIRC, he fell under the kicker then the kicker fell on him. Joe Buck mentioned that the punter didn't get his leg down. Does that matter.?

It was the right call. I've seen this 3 times this year and each time it was explained the same and I was clueless. You have to give the kickers landing leg room to land whether your sliding from 10 feet away, barely miss him or whatever. It's not literally running into him in many cases. In this case we took a bad angle and the kicker landed on him. Again, the refs were bad but I'm glad they were for us in the 4th

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
If you want to cry about something cry about all the holds on suh not this. This was great officiating, but then again suh shouldn't have been playing and Crawford was held on staffords scramble etc etc so on and so forth we could so this all day. This is being dragged out bc the official made the mistake that had to be corrected. There were worse no calls both ways all game

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only thing more entertaining than everyone being mad about the Cowboys winning is everyone being mad about the cowboys winning after getting a favorable call.

The way I look at it is they lose a play on a Williams PI and then the next play Williams takes it to the house. After the picked up PI, they still had 4th and 1 against the Cowboys run defense and Joique Bell has been running downhill for the past month.

Lots of redemption and poetic justice in this game.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I don't take it as no respect. I take it for what it is which is that it was a HORRIBLY officiated game on both sides. The NFL should be ashamed of itself.

Agree.....

Why can't Cowboy games be decided on the field instead of by what a ref does or doesn't call?

Rogah

Reaction score
I count four potential penalties on the play (in order):

Offensive PI - Pettigrew using his arm to hold back Hitchens
Illegal Hands to the Face - Pettigrew had his hand wrapped in Hitchens' facemask
Defensive PI - Hitchens gave a little shove at the end as the ball neared
Unsportsmanlike Conduct - Dez running out on the field when he's not involved in the play

If anything, offset everything and replay the down.
Actually if they called all those then the first 3 offset but the penalty on Bryant would be a dead ball foul, 15 yards, automatic first down. :D