Official non-PI Call Thread **merged**

KB1122

Reaction score
I think we all know we got away with one. But really killed the Lions in that sequence was not going for it on fourth and then the shanked punt.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I don't take it as no respect. I take it for what it is which is that it was a HORRIBLY officiated game on both sides. The NFL should be ashamed of itself.

Yup. I don't understand mixing up crews wen huge games are being played. Just use the best crews. They do it in the NHL to.

MarkP88

Reaction score
I've always thought that call was
Reminds me of the first down by Witten that was overturned in Seattle in 2006. That come out of nowhere.
*likely* right, but that the angle of the replay made it impossible to have conclusive proof, and thus the first down spot should not have been overturned.

Some day I'll be able to forget this stuff... ;)

Nation

Reaction score
kitYJCd.gif

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I count four potential penalties on the play (in order):

Offensive PI - Pettigrew using his arm to hold back Hitchens
Illegal Hands to the Face - Pettigrew had his hand wrapped in Hitchens' facemask
Defensive PI - Hitchens gave a little shove at the end as the ball neared
Unsportsmanlike Conduct - Dez running out on the field when he's not involved in the play

If anything, offset everything and replay the down.

Ken

Reaction score
I count four potential penalties on the play (in order):

Offensive PI - Pettigrew using his arm to hold back Hitchens
Illegal Hands to the Face - Pettigrew had his hand wrapped in Hitchens' facemask
Defensive PI - Hitchens gave a little shove at the end as the ball neared
Unsportsmanlike Conduct - Dez running out on the field when he's not involved in the play

If anything, offset everything and replay the down.

Dez coming out on the field was DUMB. I really couldn't believe he was out there....

btcutter

Reaction score
Romo was not awesome, the team wasn't as a whole but I will take the W.

The team got away with a subpar performance. But credit the Lion's DL and D coordinator for good game planning to disrupt a very potent Cowboy offense.

Good teams find a way to win with poor performance.

Craig

Reaction score
The only thing more entertaining than everyone being mad about the Cowboys winning is everyone being mad about the cowboys winning after getting a favorable call.

The way I look at it is they lose a play on a Williams PI and then the next play Williams takes it to the house. After the picked up PI, they still had 4th and 1 against the Cowboys run defense and Joique Bell has been running downhill for the past month.