Official Rhein Fire Thread

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Super job by Henson today.

He managed the game well. Took what the defense gave him. Had his receivers drop a lot of balls but he didnt lose his cool. Show enough athleticism and mobility to make a few plays that most QB's don't make.

Another great step.

And he's 4-0 as a starter.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Look at the Rhein Fire (including Henson) giving high fives to all the fans in the stands. I wish the NFL was still like that.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
glorydaysrback said:
I missed that pass from Henson to Smith that was marked down at the 1. How long was that completion?

37 yards, I think...

StevenOtero

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Look at the Rhein Fire (including Henson) giving high fives to all the fans in the stands. I wish the NFL was still like that.

:( Me too.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Jarv said:
I actually thought he scored...No one touched him.
You could be right. I didn't pay much attention to whether or not the refs screwed up the call, I just wanted to see where the ball placement was.

Haley94

Reaction score
After today, I'm sold. I really can't see Henson tanking the rest of the season. I think he will only get better. There is no way Jerry gets rid of him.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I have to agree with the annoucer that Henson is efficient and he seemed to make the throws when they counted. I saw only 2 bad passes, the fade to zuriel was about 1 yard out of bounds and the pass to back out of the back field that he threw at his feet. He did a good job throwing one away before his 1st TD pass and if it wasn't for the drops he would have had a spectacular day. I see a little of Favre and Rothliesberger in Henson, effiecient but can make good thros on the move. His 2nd TD pass was unbelievable because from the replays he threaded between to defenders that were ontop of him and I couldn't see Z Smith when he threw it. Henson does seem to be improving and it looks more and more like B. Berlin will be added to the list of horrible QB's from the state of Florida.

dstew60105

Reaction score
Juke99 said:

He managed the game well. Took what the defense gave him. Had his receivers drop a lot of balls but he didnt lose his cool. Show enough athleticism and mobility to make a few plays that most QB's don't make.

Another great step.

What's really nice is you can see Henson progressing. Getting better each week.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
dstew60105 said:

I agree.

That's really all I wanted to see.

And, he's showing great judgement and awareness on the field.

Now, I'm starting to get psyched.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Haley94 said:
There is no way Jerry gets rid of him.

I don't think that was ever an option -- you don't sign a long-term developmental contract with a player only to toss him after 2 years.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Juke99 said:

Another great step.

5-0, he beat the Bears.:D

Haley94

Reaction score
abersonc said:
I don't think that was ever an option -- you don't sign a long-term developmental contract with a player only to toss him after 2 years.

I think you're right. If Henson Keeps it up, I say we trade romo for a third. He's in the last year of his contract. Let's get value for him now.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
jrumann59 said:
I have to agree with the annoucer that Henson is efficient and he seemed to make the throws when they counted. I saw only 2 bad passes, the fade to zuriel was about 1 yard out of bounds and the pass to back out of the back field that he threw at his feet. He did a good job throwing one away before his 1st TD pass and if it wasn't for the drops he would have had a spectacular day. I see a little of Favre and Rothliesberger in Henson, effiecient but can make good thros on the move. His 2nd TD pass was unbelievable because from the replays he threaded between to defenders that were ontop of him and I couldn't see Z Smith when he threw it. Henson does seem to be improving and it looks more and more like B. Berlin will be added to the list of horrible QB's from the state of Florida.

And the beat goes on..... :D

120wuerffel_danny.jpg

s_torretta_i.jpg

weinke-chris_action.jpg

89TTWalsh.jpg

palmer.jpg

img6571264.jpg

:D

Silverstar

Reaction score
So what are Henson's stats now after this game?

Will someone do the honors...:)

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
dstew60105 said:
The worst case scenario for Henson to date is that he has proven himself to be a quality backup qb in the NFL. This would mean (once again, using the worst case scenario) that his trade value goes up should Dallas decide to go in a different direction at some point in the near future.

This is not something that we, as fans, would hope for but it certainly does beat an outright release with nothing to show for it.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Silverstar said:

74 for 65, 7 TDs, -1 INTs.

And a Mortality Hit to Chuck Norris.:eek:

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Silverstar said:

Drew Henson
4-0
51/86
59% completion
586 yards
6.81 avg gain
4 TD
1 INT
90.6 QB rating
4 sacks
1 fumble

Rick_Deckard

luvtheboys
Reaction score
How do you guys think NFLE talent stacks up against big time college teams? Do you think that a good season in NFLE will bring Henson up to the experience level of players entering the draft?

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
luvtheboys said:
How do you guys think NFLE talent stacks up against big time college teams? Do you think that a good season in NFLE will bring Henson up to the experience level of players entering the draft?

Yeah. Henson should be as good, if not close to some of the draftees. Maybe worse than Leinart and Cutler.