***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just watched the Subspace Rhapsody episode of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. It was surprisingly less cringy that I expected. I have seen some previous shows, even very good ones, do musicals episodes that were barf worthy.

This episode was not too bad. Not great either but palatable. I would rank it on my musical episode list at number three, behind Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Xena.

Edit: The BEST scene involved the Klingons. :laugh:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just watched the Subspace Rhapsody episode of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. It was surprisingly less cringy that I expected. I have seen some previous shows, even very good ones, do musicals episodes that were barf worthy.

This episode was not too bad. Not great either but palatable. I would rank it on my musical episode list at number three, behind Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Xena.

Edit: The BEST scene involved the Klingons. :laugh:

I thought I saw them dapping lol

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Lincoln Lawyer, Season 2 conclusion. 8/10 with a good cast.

The source of this is Michael Connelly, the same guy that wrote the Bosch series, and the guy behind this series is David E. Kelly, who created The Practice and Boston Legal.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wasn't sure if I was going to bother watching the rest of The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, but there wasn't much else that interested me, so decided to get closure.

I'm glad I did. Those last few episodes are what got me watching in the first place. The final scene was odd, but entertaining.

They set the last episode up very well, and while they seemed to just let some of the previous storylines hang, the main stories came around and left me feeling good about my decision. If someone were to ask, I'd recommend watching the series, and just tolerate the 3rd season and the start of the 4th, because it's worth it...kinda like the first 4 episodes of Wandavision were worth it.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if I was going to bother watching the rest of The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, but there wasn't much else that interested me, so decided to get closure.

I'm glad I did. Those last few episodes are what got me watching in the first place. The final scene was odd, but entertaining.

They set the last episode up very well, and while they seemed to just let some of the previous storylines hang, the main stories came around and left me feeling good about my decision. If someone were to ask, I'd recommend watching the series, and just tolerate the 3rd season and the start of the 4th, because it's worth it...kinda like the first 4 episodes of Wandavision were worth it.
I adore the actress. I'll give this a go.

Meanwhile, when you get a moment, I suggest Mad God by supreme physical and graphical effects legend Phil Tippett while on medium amounts of LSD.
Or watch it sober.

You'll love and hate me either way having to watch the most amazing stop-motion film in history by the guy that not only revolutionized that genre, but also created the CGI that made Jurassic Park.

The only way I can describe it is it's indescribable.
Maybe Dante's Inferno, but without the guide, the traveler is an assassin and everything is... I should say no more.

Except Mad God took 30 years to make by a genius. A certified genius.
And madman.
And sadist.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I adore the actress. I'll give this a go.

Meanwhile, when you get a moment, I suggest Mad God by supreme physical and graphical effects legend Phil Tippett while on medium amounts of LSD.
Or watch it sober.

You'll love and hate me either way having to watch the most amazing stop-motion film in history by the guy that not only revolutionized that genre, but also created the CGI that made Jurassic Park.

The only way I can describe it is it's indescribable.
Maybe Dante's Inferno, but without the guide, the traveler is an assassin and everything is... I should say no more.

Except Mad God took 30 years to make by a genius. A certified genius.
And madman.
And sadist.
What service is this on? It sounds like something that, at the very least, needs to be experienced, just so you can say you did it!...but sans the LSD, I'm not ready to retire yet.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
What service is this on? It sounds like something that, at the very least, needs to be experienced, just so you can say you did it!...but sans the LSD, I'm not ready to retire yet.
Probably Shudder.
Just do the 7 day free intro and binge Joe Bob Briggs while fitting Mad God in.
Joe Bob Briggs is still amazing.

I need to check back on him.
I've been out of the loop for a few months and I know he has a new season.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Warrior is the most underrated show on TV. It's Game of Thrones, Gangs of New York and Enter The Dragon had a nice cute little baby. Amazing

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Agree, it was all worth it with the final episodes.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty season 2 is now out on Max. First episode was great. Shaping up to be another really good season. They've done fantastic with this show so far and I think they nailed it with the cast. Looking forward to going through this season, but dang, I hate waiting each week for a new episode. Bring back the season binge format. Haha

Creeper

Reaction score
The Lincoln Lawyer, Season 2 conclusion. 8/10 with a good cast.

The source of this is Michael Connelly, the same guy that wrote the Bosch series, and the guy behind this series is David E. Kelly, who created The Practice and Boston Legal.
I am enjoying this series too. I like that they have 5 episodes in Part two of this season instead of only 3 like the Witcher.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty season 2 is now out on Max. First episode was great. Shaping up to be another really good season. They've done fantastic with this show so far and I think they nailed it with the cast. Looking forward to going through this season, but dang, I hate waiting each week for a new episode. Bring back the season binge format. Haha
Really enjoyed season one so looking forward to this season. Legends like Magic and Kareem are NOT easy casting choices, huge people both personality and physical dimensions, but they hit a home run with both.

Creeper

Reaction score
Absolutely he'd been long gone.

But to me, it's Lewis Litt's solar system and he is the sun. Everyone else seems to be passing through his world, one of confusion and emotional chaos.
I am in season 5 now and I am beginning to agree with you. The star of this series is Louis Litt. All the best comedy involves Louis, and most of the best drama too.

I am still wondering how this show lasted for so long. I thought they jumped the shark in season 4. They reuse characters, and run similar storylines repeatedly. Even by season 5 I can feel the repetition. Some of the characters are starting to feel overdone as well. Donna is too much. She makes Harvey look like an idiot when she is constantly telling him what to do and he does it. I think the Rachel - Mike storyline is going to be an anchor on the show. It is the least likeable part of the story.

We all see it is only a matter of time before the Mike Ross fraud story ends. In season 4 no fewer than 9 people now know Mike is a fraud including 3 named partners in a major law firm. Letting him come back after he left was like committing the same felonies all over again. Who would be willing to risk their practice, their law license, their freedom, and probably all their money to lawsuits, for this one fairly arrogant and obnoxious fraud? Letting him leave the law firm was bad writing decision, but taking him back was way worse. It is only a matter of time when everyone finds out and Mike, Louis, Harvey and Jessica are carted off to jail for multiple counts of fraud.

Something is missing from this and that is why everyone would risk so much for this fraud of a kid who they barely know? Rachel is going to law school but if Mike is discovered she will never practice law anyway.

One question I have is, how did Mike ever sit for the bar exam? I might have missed how he did this because in NY, you have to have at least some law school to sit for the bar. There are 4 states that allow you to take the bar exam with going to law school, but none of them are NY. Maybe I am overthinking it.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I am in season 5 now and I am beginning to agree with you. The star of this series is Louis Litt. All the best comedy involves Louis, and most of the best drama too.

I am still wondering how this show lasted for so long. I thought they jumped the shark in season 4. They reuse characters, and run similar storylines repeatedly. Even by season 5 I can feel the repetition. Some of the characters are starting to feel overdone as well. Donna is too much. She makes Harvey look like an idiot when she is constantly telling him what to do and he does it. I think the Rachel - Mike storyline is going to be an anchor on the show. It is the least likeable part of the story.

We all see it is only a matter of time before the Mike Ross fraud story ends. In season 4 no fewer than 9 people now know Mike is a fraud including 3 named partners in a major law firm. Letting him come back after he left was like committing the same felonies all over again. Who would be willing to risk their practice, their law license, their freedom, and probably all their money to lawsuits, for this one fairly arrogant and obnoxious fraud? Letting him leave the law firm was bad writing decision, but taking him back was way worse. It is only a matter of time when everyone finds out and Mike, Louis, Harvey and Jessica are carted off to jail for multiple counts of fraud.

Something is missing from this and that is why everyone would risk so much for this fraud of a kid who they barely know? Rachel is going to law school but if Mike is discovered she will never practice law anyway.

One question I have is, how did Mike ever sit for the bar exam? I might have missed how he did this because in NY, you have to have at least some law school to sit for the bar. There are 4 states that allow you to take the bar exam with going to law school, but none of them are NY. Maybe I am overthinking it.
I started watching this series a couple of week ago. I agree with everything you said. Still, it is an enjoyable watch.

Didn't he take the bar exam for someone else? His way to earn money like he was doing with taking the LSAT for others as well?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I started watching this series a couple of week ago. I agree with everything you said. Still, it is an enjoyable watch.

Didn't he take the bar exam for someone else? His way to earn money like he was doing with taking the LSAT for others as well?
No, I believe he took the Bar Exam under his own name.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
While watching season 3 of The Witcher, I suddenly became curious about something: When watching these "Days of yore" type shows and movies, am I the only one who finds minstrels annoying, corny, and unnecessary?

Juggernaut

Reaction score
While watching season 3 of The Witcher, I suddenly became curious about something: When watching these "Days of yore" type shows and movies, am I the only one who finds minstrels annoying, corny, and unnecessary?
8LWn8uZ.gif

Creeper

Reaction score
No, I believe he took the Bar Exam under his own name.
I believe you are correct. But in NY state, he would not be allowed to sit for the bar without some law schooling. 4 states allow you to sit for the bar without any law school. A few others allow it with some law school. Most require a law degree. But Mike never went to any law school and didn't finish college. It's not a big deal. The show takes liberties with other things like that as well. It is still enjoyable to watch.

Creeper

Reaction score
No, I find it a stupid part of the show too. Was there a minstrel in the video game? I don't know anything about the game. At least they didn't make Geralt a singing Witcher!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don’t think they ever thought this would run that long but it is produced for cable not network.

Spoiler - all of that should be addressed with the disclaimer that all reality must be suspended in order to not ask too many questions.

it was good escapism with all the money shots, lavish offices and the scenery walking the halls of those offices.