***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I took advantage of the free month on Paramount+ and only needed 2 days to figure out there's nothing there I need. Any good movies I already have in my library and I am not much of a TV show guy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know they are television shows but did you check out Picard or Discovery?
I am not a Trekkie, never really was.

There are few productions made for commercial TV that I really get into and the formulaic nature of it causes me to drift. Cable productions like Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Rescue Me and The Shield are more appealing and almost anti commercial TV by nature. You can time the resolution of a Law and Order and anything that has laugh tracks or live audience really bores me because I don't want to be a part of that audience. Weird, isn't it? I agree but I didn't like Seinfeld, Friends or Big Bang and that puts me in the minority but it wasn't always like that because I really liked All in the Family, Taxi and Cheers.

I don't dwell on it a lot. Either you like something or you don't and whether others like it or not isn't relevant. Move on in search of things you can like.

However, I did answer Paramount's question about why I was leaving and even got a response. So, I am hopeful they're changing it just to suit me.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Catching up with Snowfall which is an amazing show on FX so I'm rewatching on. HULU.

After watching the Age of Samurai absolutely amazing documentary, I watched "Shadow" and then OMFG...have any of you seen "Yin/Yang Master Dream of Eternity" the Netfix film?

If you love amazing East Asian mythical legends mixed with Doctor Strange kind of wild Marvel madness...extremely recommended. Mind bending. Not for everyone though but I really enjoyed all of the above.

Creeper

Reaction score
Watched "Murder Mountain" last night. Interesting docuseries about Humboldt County, CA and the marijuana growing industry up there. It covers both the illegal growing and now transition to legal growing in Humboldt County. Some interesting perspectives. First, the lawlessness that surrounds the illegal marijuana industry. Then, the problems created by legalization. Coming from a suburban area in NJ, the idea of living in a place so rural, even the cops don't go there is alien to me. It opened my eyes about what a truly diverse country we are. What works in NJ will never work in most rural areas of the country.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched "Murder Mountain" last night. Interesting docuseries about Humboldt County, CA and the marijuana growing industry up there. It covers both the illegal growing and now transition to legal growing in Humboldt County. Some interesting perspectives. First, the lawlessness that surrounds the illegal marijuana industry. Then, the problems created by legalization. Coming from a suburban area in NJ, the idea of living in a place so rural, even the cops don't go there is alien to me. It opened my eyes about what a truly diverse country we are. What works in NJ will never work in most rural areas of the country.
I worked in the meth capital of OK and they had such a hard time finding and keeping the deputies to patrol the county, the Sheriff resigned to take the Chief of Police job.

Our news girl got a ride along when he was Sheriff with the dept and the DEA on a raid and she said she'd never seen more nervous cops in her life. They hate raids on meth labs, the cookers are armed and crazy.

There are places in upper Arkansas when many the revenuer has gone missing when they were running the stills up there. Now the top cash crop in the state is pot and the cops still hate going up there.

The movie "The Hills Have Eyes", in places I've been in AR and OK, that's more a doc than a film.

SlammedZero

Reaction score

It's funny, I watched that documentary right after we did a trip through N. California and spent a day in Eureka, California (county seat of Humboldt County). It was a rough little town and just had a vibe to it I can't explain for a city of it's size. I kind of felt a little bit on edge and "look over your shoulder" while walking around. The documentary really helped explain to me why so many shady characters are drawn to that area.

Creeper

Reaction score
It's funny, I watched that documentary right after we did a trip through N. California and spent a day in Eureka, California (county seat of Humboldt County). It was a rough little town and just had a vibe to it I can't explain for a city of it's size. I kind of felt a little bit on edge and "look over your shoulder" while walking around. The documentary really helped explain to me why so many shady characters are drawn to that area.

Yeah, I would scratch that place off my vacation spot list too.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Watched Kid 90 documentary on Hulu last night. Thought it was pretty good.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Watched The Last Blockbuster documentary on Netflix last night. I enjoyed it. Think it is worth a watch.

Unlike some I am not nostalgic for Blockbuster. I do miss the video store and our local Family Video closed up shop last year which was a bummer. Growing up we didn't have Blockbuster. We had a few mom and pops, one place that had a few locations in the state and some of the grocery stores rented movies (mostly new releases). Some friends and I moved to a nearby city in the mid 90's and they had a Blockbuster. While I liked that they had more copies of new releases vs where I grew up I hated the price. I was used to paying $2 (or less) to rent a movie. And then those beep beep beep beepity-beep beep beep's sent me to collection over a single day late fee.:angry:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched The Last Blockbuster documentary on Netflix last night. I enjoyed it. Think it is worth a watch.

Unlike some I am not nostalgic for Blockbuster. I do miss the video store and our local Family Video closed up shop last year which was a bummer. Growing up we didn't have Blockbuster. We had a few mom and pops, one place that had a few locations in the state and some of the grocery stores rented movies (mostly new releases). Some friends and I moved to a nearby city in the mid 90's and they had a Blockbuster. While I liked that they had more copies of new releases vs where I grew up I hated the price. I was used to paying $2 (or less) to rent a movie. And then those beep beep beep beepity-beep beep beep's sent me to collection over a single day late fee.:angry:

I do have a strange nostalgia for the video store era. While there is undoubtedly more convenience with streaming options, it lacks some of the specialness of seeing new releases on the video store wall. It's not the 'event' that it was in the past.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right before they gave it up because of NFlix, they were allowing customers with home delivery to return DVD's, get scanned and the next shipment went out that day. I had software and a burner back then and made copies of the new releases on Tuesdays, returned them and was getting about 27-30 movies a month for the price of 3. This was for my consumption only so I didn't have a problem with doing it because I am con pirating anything and if I found one I really liked, I bought the BluRay.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right before they gave it up because of NFlix, they were allowing customers with home delivery to return DVD's, get scanned and the next shipment went out that day. I had software and a burner back then and made copies of the new releases on Tuesdays, returned them and was getting about 27-30 movies a month for the price of 3. This was for my consumption only so I didn't have a problem with doing it because I am con pirating anything and if I found one a I really liked, I bought the BluRay.

I did something similar in the VHS days. I’d have most new movies on day of release.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I did something similar in the VHS days. I’d have most new movies on day of release.

I used to do that. Can't remember what exactly I did to get past macrovision. I think I had to play from my parents old beast of a vcr and the connection had to be over coax.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right before they gave it up because of NFlix, they were allowing customers with home delivery to return DVD's, get scanned and the next shipment went out that day. I had software and a burner back then and made copies of the new releases on Tuesdays, returned them and was getting about 27-30 movies a month for the price of 3. This was for my consumption only so I didn't have a problem with doing it because I am con pirating anything and if I found one I really liked, I bought the BluRay.

I never heard, did you ever go back to finish WandaVision?