CFZ One trick Micha and his fraud defensive mates

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Nope.

The problem is misdirection
If that's the case every team would use this against us. They don't!! Dallas biggest problem on both sides of the line. They are to small. They traded speed for size. Buffalo saw this and just ran at their weakness. Doesn't matter what blocking you use-if your Oline is better then our d-line. Game over. Dallas D-line is built to attack with a lead. Any team that runs at them especially on the road usually win. They just got physically beat up. Run scheme or not. Almost 300 yards rushing???? More then a scheme...

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Not every team can, and they certainly can't when Dallas has a lead.
Most teams don't stay with the run because Dallas gets ahead to fast. At least at JerryWorld. But on the road they don't get out fast so teams stay with the run. Our weakness.... Simple...

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Most teams don't stay with the run because Dallas gets ahead to fast. At least at JerryWorld. But on the road they don't get out fast so teams stay with the run. Our weakness.... Simple...
Ok sure but that has nothing to do with...anything else you've been saying.

chagus

Reaction score
Going airborne into the punter in critical moment as Dallas was fixing to get the ball back.This isn't the first time this guy has made a bone-headed play. Another one of Jerry's 2nd round picks that is a bust. Clark is another wasted pick.
Clark is a 5th rd pick.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
He is a pure pass rusher. A no show against the run.
Oh, okay. So considering he is a pass rusher only, another team is going to give us a haul of picks for him, and in turn we lose our best defensive player becuase we choose to play him out on the Edge because nobody else on our team is capable of doing his job? Not directed at you and I am being sarcastic as you could tell, but to trade him instead of paying him to be one of the top defenders in the NFL is the stupidest thing I have heard on this board. Where are we at without him?

GINeric

Reaction score
I for one am not surprised what happened on defense last night. It was the same thing that happened last year when Hankins went down. So sick of hearing about how great Will McClay is at drafting. He's had two huge misses on defense in the first round. Don't get me started on Jerry the hapless GM. This guy couldn't build a sandwich as a NFL GM. We all know the guy who built those great 90 teams will go into the Ring of Honor in a few weeks. 28 years and counting for Jerry to even try to sniff out that success has ended in failure. OK.. Defense. I'm starting with the most overrated defensive player in football. Micah Parsons. One trick pony. Occasionally he can rush the quarterback good-mainly at JerryWorld. His run defense awful. How can you be a so called top defensive star with one tackle??? I for one if GM of Dallas paying this guy as a top defensive player is laughable. He's not. Now if dummy Jerry wants to pull up the money train to his wallet-go straight ahead. I'd trade him first. He useless in the run defense as a linebacker. He might as well be moved to defensive end but even then he wouldn't hold the edge in the run game. Big mouth Tank running his mouth all last week. Got the samething done to him. "Hit them in the mouth then hit them again-then again:facepalm:

Our worthless GM...I'm sitting on the couch and saying all season. If Hank goes down we are so screwed. How can I see it and the GMless doesn't? Jerry had all season to address this issue- yet he stayed pat and once again we will suffer for his ineptitude. Back in Summer camp-it was easy to see that we were lacking at true MLB also. Our good defensive teams always had great MLB. Quinn wants to get cute and try using safeties. :facepalm: The game has passed Dan Quinn by. He rarely makes in game adjustments especially on the road. So what to do-you may ask???? Rob somebodies practice squad is the only thing left. I know it's late in the season to bring somebody in. But what other option do we have at this point? And next season overrated McClay. Draft anywhere but Michigan.:facepalm: Take physical players from schools like Georgia-Florida-Alambama. Quit drafting these cupcakes-from cupcakes soft college teams. Start with a DT. then go MLB. Then a hardnosed safety. That would be a great start-if you get the right ones. But all in all I had Dallas at 12-5 at the start of September. And I said the defense is our biggest problem. A problem the GMLess didn't address especially after the injuries. Sad that we lose one guy and your run defense goes to hell. But that's were we are at. So stupid that Quinn didn't start run blitzing or put safeties in the box. Quinn has been a disappointment as have all the coaches been a huge disappointment outside of JerryWorld making in game adjustments IMHO. So, I have them losing at Miami. Winning the next 2 games there after.Butnhopefully the trend of not losing back to back continue and we beat Miami.

If it was Jimmy who built all those teams "by himself" in the 90s.... why the hell couldn't he do it again in Miami???

Exactly.....

Jerry and Jimmy built those teams together, period.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
OMG….really. You really went all Hot Boyz on us. :muttley:
I believe it was just before the Arizona game they revived the Hot Boyz crap. DLaw claimed the Cowboys have the best defense in the world then proceeded to get road graded by the Cardinals. The players might try keeping their mouths shut and concentrate on playing.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Oh, okay. So considering he is a pass rusher only, another team is going to give us a haul of picks for him, and in turn we lose our best defensive player becuase we choose to play him out on the Edge because nobody else on our team is capable of doing his job? Not directed at you and I am being sarcastic as you could tell, but to trade him instead of paying him to be one of the top defenders in the NFL is the stupidest thing I have heard on this board. Where are we at without him?
Just for the sake of argument, if he is so good, then he has to be worth at least a #1 and #2 draft pick. Maybe quite a bit more, but let's be conservative. He's also going to command a salary in the $30M range. In this scenario the team could have:

Micah Parsons

or

A first round pick on a cheap rookie deal
AND
A second round pick on a cheap rookie deal
AND
THREE $10M per year free agents.

That's 5 really good players vs. 1. It's not "stupid" to ponder this scenario. As soon as Parsons goes down with an injury, the second option starts looking better still. Good teams are not afraid to confidently make bold moves. Parsons is a great player, but Walker was a great player too- and jettisoning him was transformative.

tomokawan

Reaction score
I agree with this 10%. Where the Cowboys are drafting it is unlikely they find a DT who will make an immediate contribution his first year. They needed to get someone in free agency, and not just 1 Hankins is good but they could have gotten Dalvin Tomlinson with him. But Jerry is not willing to shell out any money for free agents. Anyone who thought Mazi would come in here this year and make an impact was just fooling themselves. There were big guys in free agency. A'Shawn Robinson is another guy the Cowboys could have made a play for. But it is not going to happen so we are stuck with what Jerry can pull off the scrap heap.

I am a little less critical of the LB situation simply because of injuries. I think LVE definitely makes this defense a little better, although he isn't the thumper they need either. Overshown might have been the playmaker they need on defense at LB.
LVE does not make the defense any better. He is not the same player. They should have addressed it thru free agency.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think this is all due to the way jerry runs things here.
mike does what he wants and only controls the offense Dan only controls the defense, bones controls the ST's they each only answer to jerry.
mclay and jones boys control the top 2 draft picks, and all trades of picks and player others do the rest and have a little input on all.
all firing and hiring is jones boys with input from mclay.
no telling about draft analysis and deciding who goes on the board and who is considered for FA but jones boys will make most decisions.

back in 90's jimmy did all this stuff with help from a staff HE selected, so it was all on the same page, with same goals in mind.

Now days dallas and other teams too have a haphazard way of doing all this so it isnt all on same page from same guy, and it just doesnt work all that well.
but with jerry involved dallas is all over the place with it.
Just like the lance trade, no one can even explain that, even jerry lol. Jimmy might have made that move if he thought he could move him for a quick 2nd rounder
from a team that he though would pick in high rounds the next year, but he would have known what he was gonna do with him.

When you have too many people with too much control and no one person has total control and a overall plan, it is going to work against itself.
Jerry controls the aquisition of a good NT or a big LB, so if it isnt something he thinks we need then it wont happen.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I for one am not surprised what happened on defense last night. It was the same thing that happened last year when Hankins went down. So sick of hearing about how great Will McClay is at drafting. He's had two huge misses on defense in the first round. Don't get me started on Jerry the hapless GM. This guy couldn't build a sandwich as a NFL GM. We all know the guy who built those great 90 teams will go into the Ring of Honor in a few weeks. 28 years and counting for Jerry to even try to sniff out that success has ended in failure. OK.. Defense. I'm starting with the most overrated defensive player in football. Micah Parsons. One trick pony. Occasionally he can rush the quarterback good-mainly at JerryWorld. His run defense awful. How can you be a so called top defensive star with one tackle??? I for one if GM of Dallas paying this guy as a top defensive player is laughable. He's not. Now if dummy Jerry wants to pull up the money train to his wallet-go straight ahead. I'd trade him first. He useless in the run defense as a linebacker. He might as well be moved to defensive end but even then he wouldn't hold the edge in the run game. Big mouth Tank running his mouth all last week. Got the samething done to him. "Hit them in the mouth then hit them again-then again:facepalm:

Our worthless GM...I'm sitting on the couch and saying all season. If Hank goes down we are so screwed. How can I see it and the GMless doesn't? Jerry had all season to address this issue- yet he stayed pat and once again we will suffer for his ineptitude. Back in Summer camp-it was easy to see that we were lacking at true MLB also. Our good defensive teams always had great MLB. Quinn wants to get cute and try using safeties. :facepalm: The game has passed Dan Quinn by. He rarely makes in game adjustments especially on the road. So what to do-you may ask???? Rob somebodies practice squad is the only thing left. I know it's late in the season to bring somebody in. But what other option do we have at this point? And next season overrated McClay. Draft anywhere but Michigan.:facepalm: Take physical players from schools like Georgia-Florida-Alambama. Quit drafting these cupcakes-from cupcakes soft college teams. Start with a DT. then go MLB. Then a hardnosed safety. That would be a great start-if you get the right ones. But all in all I had Dallas at 12-5 at the start of September. And I said the defense is our biggest problem. A problem the GMLess didn't address especially after the injuries. Sad that we lose one guy and your run defense goes to hell. But that's were we are at. So stupid that Quinn didn't start run blitzing or put safeties in the box. Quinn has been a disappointment as have all the coaches been a huge disappointment outside of JerryWorld making in game adjustments IMHO. So, I have them losing at Miami. Winning the next 2 games there after.Butnhopefully the trend of not losing back to back continue and we beat Miami.
Dan has given us the best defense we have had since maybe the 90's so he isnt that bad but he does have some flaws.
micah is only as good as he can be with the way they are using him. They need to be more innovative, and they are not, they use him the same way over
and over, teams adapt and dallas does not.
And here is a flaw, lets say mike as hc decided parsons should be used in a different manner for the next game, or within the buffalo game.
He cant tell dan hey this isnt working lets try this or that. Well he cant do that as he cant tell dan what to do, and dan is all on his own and if he asked for help
mike would not be prepared as he has the offense which was working well to fix. and thats why you see no innovation or adjustments in that game or others.

This will only show up in games with good players and and the better coaches.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Dan has given us the best defense we have had since maybe the 90's so he isnt that bad but he does have some flaws.
micah is only as good as he can be with the way they are using him. They need to be more innovative, and they are not, they use him the same way over
and over, teams adapt and dallas does not.
And here is a flaw, lets say mike as hc decided parsons should be used in a different manner for the next game, or within the buffalo game.
He cant tell dan hey this isnt working lets try this or that. Well he cant do that as he cant tell dan what to do, and dan is all on his own and if he asked for help
mike would not be prepared as he has the offense which was working well to fix. and thats why you see no innovation or adjustments in that game or others.

This will only show up in games with good players and and the better coaches.
Micha shows me nothing as a real linebacker. He's no Ken Norton against the run and isn't even an LVE against the pass. So? What is he as a linebacker?????

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Just for the sake of argument, if he is so good, then he has to be worth at least a #1 and #2 draft pick. Maybe quite a bit more, but let's be conservative. He's also going to command a salary in the $30M range. In this scenario the team could have:

Micah Parsons

or

A first round pick on a cheap rookie deal
AND
A second round pick on a cheap rookie deal
AND
THREE $10M per year free agents.

That's 5 really good players vs. 1. It's not "stupid" to ponder this scenario. As soon as Parsons goes down with an injury, the second option starts looking better still. Good teams are not afraid to confidently make bold moves. Parsons is a great player, but Walker was a great player too- and jettisoning him was transformative.
When is the last time a team has traded a franchise DE before even signing them to their 2nd contract? Sure the Cowboys can do this, but it would be PR suicide to do so, and what would it accomplish? There are zero guarantees, and this franchise is as close to a Superbown than we have been in years. You just don't replace a Micah, and it would send a message to the fans, etc, that they don't care about winning now. So trade him for a maybe trio of good players 3 years from now? Not buying what you're selling

keysersoze

Reaction score
I think we have used Micah the wrong way since last reason. In his rookie season we played him as a traditional linebacker more than we have since. Micah is an athlete who is being wasted as as permanent pass rusher. He has speed, agility, the ability to be a cover guy and a sideline to sideline type of linebacker. He did it all in 2021. From coverage on screens to defending the pass vs wide receivers downfield.
No matter how he bulks up, he’s not built for 50-60 snaps vs 320 pound linemen. Dan Quinn is wasting a supreme talent here. In my opinion Parsons should be a roaming linebacker who pass rushes when need be.

FanSince71

Reaction score
Quinn turned him into an edge pass rusher. It’s beyond stupid.
That’s exactly correct. If anyone watched Parsons at Penn State you’d realize he knows how to play the run. This defense is built for heavy pass rush and to limit the passing game. They ignore run defense.

It seems to me that when the defense gets punched in the mouth, the playmakers abandon fundamentals and start trying to make big plays. It hurts more than it helps. There are also no leaders on this team that will hold their teammates accountable.

FanSince71

Reaction score
such an overrated trade. None of the players who came over stuck and the picks, though very good, were not what we remember. For example we did not get Emmitt with one of the picks, we got half of Emmitt. We packaged a high Cowboy pick with the new pick from the Vikes and moved up to get Emmitt.
Actually, that is not true. The #21 pick was ours via trade with Minnesota. We traded the second round pick we received from Minnesota and got the 49ers 3rd rounder, which we used with the 21st pick to move to #17 to draft Emmitt Smith. So BOTH picks to obtain Emmitt came from the Vikings.

Also, in the 1992 draft we traded our 1st rounder from Minnesota to get the Patriots 1st and 2nd rounder, which we used to draft Kevin Smith and Darren Woodson.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Actually, that is not true. The #21 pick was ours via trade with Minnesota. We traded the second round pick we received from Minnesota and got the 49ers 3rd rounder, which we used with the 21st pick to move to #17 to draft Emmitt Smith. So BOTH picks to obtain Emmitt came from the Vikings.

Also, in the 1992 draft we traded our 1st rounder from Minnesota to get the Patriots 1st and 2nd rounder, which we used to draft Kevin Smith and Darren Woodson.
well then he was 2 picks, people always say 1 of the picks got us smith, so the gist of my comment is apt