Opposite Sex Friends

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;3786046 said:
CanadianCowboysFan is gonna be all over this thread like a spider monkey!

His favorite brothel voted him husband-of-the-year.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;3786032 said:
I disagree somewhat. I have a female friend I have know since HS and we have never been anything other than friends.

Joe Rod;3786043 said:
It is entirely possible. I have several close female friends that I have known since I was young. There are no feelings of attraction between us. It isn't that they aren't attractive, just not my type at all.

How often do you hang out with these other women, ... if it is less than once a week or so, ... that is not what we are talking about here.

All of us have female acquaintences, but we don't hang out with them on a regular basis.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3786099 said:
How often do you hang out with these other women, ... if it is less than once a week or so, ... that is not what we are talking about here.

All of us have female acquaintences, but we don't hang out with them on a regular basis.

haha I do not hang out with most people once a week unless it is my family

Even male friends between work, kids and extracurricular activities I have something going on

burmafrd

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan is gonna be all over this thread like a spider monkey!

that is so true.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have plenty of male friends where I was friends with them prior to them having a wife or girlfriend. While they were single, we hung out alot. And in many cases, they were my +1 if I needed one.

However, whenever they got a girlfriend or whenever they got married, I would back waaay off in order to respect their relationship. I make it a point to get to know their significant other. We no longer hang out by ourselves for anything more than the occasional lunch and our interactions are much more group oriented.

If I want to remain friends with these guys, then I try to do everything I can on my end to make their lady friend or wife comfortable. I do my part, after that, it's on him.

On the flip side, the guys I've dated haven't always been comfortable with my male friends; partly because of the ish they were doing on the side.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Kangaroo;3786102 said:
haha I do not hang out with most people once a week unless it is my family

Even male friends between work, kids and extracurricular activities I have something going on

Even if you're not physically cheating, your better half will think you're emotionally cheating--which, of course, can often lead to the real thing.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3786099 said:

Not very much but we used to go to the movies together. We are both married now so the only time we really see each other is when we meet for dinner.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;3786032 said:
I disagree somewhat. I have a female friend I have know since HS and we have never been anything other than friends.

I have several male friends that have always been strictly platonic, even when I was single. I guess it doesn't count now, since I live in another state, but at the time, we hung out a few times a week, depending on work, etc. This was all when I was single, though.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The bonds of matrimony are heavy. It takes two strong people to carry them. Sometimes three.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3785923 said:
Do you find either of these sisters physically or sexually attractive?

Or would any of us on this board find them sexually attractive?

Absolutely. One is married the other is single and has no desire to get married.

Trust and commitment my friend. I take that seriously.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Vtwin;3786202 said:
Absolutely. One is married the other is single and has no desire to get married.

Trust and commitment my friend. I take that seriously.

Personally I don't think trust and commitment has anything to do with it. I am committed to my wife, but I definitely find other women attractive. That doesn't mean I'm looking to cheat on her. I don't do that. I believe that makes a true friendship (buddy buddy type) with the opposite sex impossible. You can say "no it doesn't", but if there is a sexual attraction there, it does too.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
nyc;3786210 said:
Personally I don't think trust and commitment has anything to do with it. I am committed to my wife, but I definitely find other women attractive. That doesn't mean I'm looking to cheat on her. I don't do that. I believe that makes a true friendship (buddy buddy type) with the opposite sex impossible. You can say "no it doesn't", but if there is a sexual attraction there, it does too.

Agreed, .. but maybe Vtwin makes it work. I said in my original post in this thread that I guess it could happen.

But it is like playing with fire, .. I would advise all males not to try it.

If they choose to, I would say, "be careful my friend", you are treading in dangerous waters.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3786099 said:

When I lived in Florida we would have lunch at least twice a week, usually three times. Evening drinks here and there. When we lived in Virginia, my wife had a male friend that she worked with that she went out to lunch with almost daily. Not much evenings because kids had entered the fray by then.

jnday

Reaction score
Idgit;3786138 said:
The bonds of matrimony are heavy. It takes two strong people to carry them. Sometimes three.

Big Love ?

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Joe Rod;3786231 said:
When I lived in Florida we would have lunch at least twice a week, usually three times. Evening drinks here and there. When we lived in Virginia, my wife had a male friend that she worked with that she went out to lunch with almost daily. Not much evenings because kids had entered the fray by then.

Knowing how guys think, .. did you ever wonder what her friend was thinking when he looked at your wife?

I said in my first post in this thread that I guess it was possible.

I'm just sitting here wondering how many people who have slipped and did something they later regretted started out saying, .. "we're only friends".

It may not be wrong, but it can be dangerous.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3786248 said:
Knowing how guys think, .. did you ever wonder what her friend was thinking when he looked at your wife?

I said in my first post in this thread that I guess it was possible.

I'm just sitting here wondering how many people who have slipped and did something they later regretted started out saying, .. "we're only friends".

It may not be wrong, but it can be dangerous.

Nah, never cared, but I certainly get where your concern comes from. We have a pretty serious "get bent" policy with our friends that they are all aware of. Anyone that attempts to get in the way of our relationship in any capacity gets the curb pretty quick, even our same-sex friends. Probably helps that we don't drink, especially when we are out.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
bbgun;3786116 said:
Even if you're not physically cheating, your better half will think you're emotionally cheating--which, of course, can often lead to the real thing.

LOL I do not have that issue my wife trust me.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
bbgun;3786116 said:

emotional cheating is a bogus concept

anyway, because the normal cast of characters is begging for my views on the topic at hand, I will leave them dangling and not say what I think

yes PPgun et al, I know you reall don't care even though you seemed to think about me when typing in this thread

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3786248 said:

I'm more offended if someone doesn't find my wife hot