OT: How long have you been married?

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Wimbo said:
reminds me of this picture:

reyleon.jpg

Bwahahaha

that could have been us except you would have to go to the monkey house next to see what happened as I would go from room to room with her following me nagging I would take off down the street and she would follow.. i even would go to work and she would follow still nagging..that is no lie or exageration the neighbors and friends kept telling me to pack up and leave..but I just had this thing about breaking my word once given...

I will leave the parts off about the telephone calls...I was so happy to have been off to 3 wars...it would have been great except all the death and sadness

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Hoov said:
ditto that brother. I went through 7 years, when i left i thought i was granted early parole on a life sentence.

I hear you Bro...I have never had so much weight lifted off my shoulders at one time I swear I could have flown if I had found the time to try

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
:toast: Congrats to all of you.... November 11th (Veteran's Day) would have been our 20th yr together.

Just remember...

Enjoy every minute of it. Never forget that love is a very fragile thing that needs to be nurtured. Never take each other for granted. Never go to bed angry. And above everything else, make sure your spouse knows everyday just how much you love and appreciate them....

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Getting married next spring to a wonderful woman who appreciates my football addiction.

Congrats to so many of you who have found the one that makes you happy.

And Congrats to those who realized that it wasnt going to work and didnt put themselves through anymore continued anguish.

Just went to my Grandparents 60th party a few weeks ago. They are as happy as ever.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
congratulations on your 25th thumper!! :toast2: :bravo:

september 16th will make 16 years.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
12 years. Most of them good if not great. I really don't know what I would do without her in my life. And I hope that I'll never have to find out.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...ten years. I can honestly say that we have gotten more experienced at marriage and each year is better than the last.

I never thought that could be possible.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Princess said:
:toast: Congrats to all of you.... November 11th (Veteran's Day) would have been our 20th yr together.

... this doesn't sound so good. :confused:

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
davidyee said:
... this doesn't sound so good. :confused:

I'm a widow. Wanna here something funny... I picked Veteran's Day because I knew how bad men can be about remembering dates. He could forget my Birthday, but he would never forget Veterans Day cuz he was a veteran... Worked like a charm.. LMAO

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Princess said:
I'm a widow. Wanna here something funny... I picked Veteran's Day because I knew how bad men can be about remembering dates. He could forget my Birthday, but he would never forget Veterans Day cuz he was a veteran... Worked like a charm.. LMAO
A few yrs ago I got in trouble for supposedly missing my wifes birthday. She kept saying she wanted to go to a concert for her birthday. Her birthday is the 6th but the concert was the 8th. So since she kept saying for her birthday to me that meant her birthday was the 8th. Needless to say I have a calendar reminder set so I won't make that mistake again :D

Hoov

Reaction score
Zaxor said:
Bwahahaha

that could have been us except you would have to go to the monkey house next to see what happened as I would go from room to room with her following me nagging I would take off down the street and she would follow.. i even would go to work and she would follow still nagging..that is no lie or exageration the neighbors and friends kept telling me to pack up and leave..but I just had this thing about breaking my word once given...

I will leave the parts off about the telephone calls...I was so happy to have been off to 3 wars...it would have been great except all the death and sadness

Zaxor, that monkey analogy is as clear as day in my mind (and it made me laugh when I read it), but the nagging eventually became yelling and screaming and name calling. I remember I used to love monday morning cause i was getting out of the house after a rough w/e, but dread Friday evening cause everyone would be talkin bout their plans to go do stuff and i knew it was going to be 48 hours of bickering for me.

At least she liked to go out with her girlfriends a lot so then me and my daughter could do stuff without having the chronic complainer and yeller around.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Hoov said:
Zaxor, that monkey analogy is as clear as day in my mind (and it made me laugh when I read it), but the nagging eventually became yelling and screaming and name calling. I remember I used to love monday morning cause i was getting out of the house after a rough w/e, but dread Friday evening cause everyone would be talkin bout their plans to go do stuff and i knew it was going to be 48 hours of bickering for me.

At least she liked to go out with her girlfriends a lot so then me and my daughter could do stuff without having the chronic complainer and yeller around.

Sounds like we may have the same ex-wife... ;)

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
trickblue said:
Sounds like we may have the same ex-wife... ;)

Not everyone can have an ex-wife like me... LOL

He cheated, I caught him, I punished him with super glue, I left, I filed for divorce, and he never saw or heard from me again after the day I punished him.... no allimony, no yelling or arguing, no drawn out divorce proceeding.. nothing.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Hoov said:

Wow By mine too (don't forget door slamming) but she would never go anywhere...If she could nag me to death instead...when I went to marriage counseling...they talked to each of us seperately and then they didn't say I should try this or I should try that they said they think I am making the right decision in wanting a divorce how is that for a kick to the teeth...totaly blew me away...

about 4 months ago she went to a parents meeting with the teacher of my youngest because I could not make it (surgery) and when she came back she lite into me at the hospital and saying what a jerk I was and how the kid is all messed up and how she is gonna take them back and she went on and on till the nurse came with security and removed her...I got out of the Hospital and asked for an appointment with the teacher and she said the boy is an ideal student he is very caring and consciencious of others and has no idea why my EX would say such stuff...she showed me how many golden stars he earned and how well he does his school work but you know I almost laughed about it... but I thought it must really stink to be her and then I was sad about it...I realize this is not nice to say but I think my EX is mental..no really