Owens blames Romo and Garrett for release - 5/23/09

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Primetime42;2787312 said:
Twitter's just this generation's slap bracelets and pop rocks.

I can't stand that site and it sticks in my craw that's where "reporters" have to get their information.

I think it's a fad too.

But why are you mad that reporters can now get their info from there?

That makes no sense. If the athletes are going to put up information somewhere knowing that it's for public consumption then it's on them, not the reporters.

You act like I went into the man's house and read his diary, lol.

And for the record. T.O. has the ability to block his responses to his fans from public viewing. In that event only the person he is writing back to would be able to read the response.

But fun would that be for 'Mr. Loves The Limelight' who has a new reality show coming out soon, lol.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
khiladi;2787335 said:
What is annoying is people like Mosley making it appear that they actually did some work, as if they had done something that wasn't already done... With the age of the internet, reporters on big-name shows have essentially become useless 'breaking' stories like a year after it happened...

All it really is that the 'sources' for the reporters are now public some of the time.

Gone are the days of a reporter meeting his guy at the local coffee shop and giving him the scoop. Now that guy has a blog and the main stream guys pick up on stories.

That was then, this is now.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
khiladi;2787335 said:
What is annoying is people like Mosley making it appear that they actually did some work, as if they had done something that wasn't already done... With the age of the internet, reporters on big-name shows have essentially become useless 'breaking' stories like a year after it happened...

what is really annoying is that TO can say something stupid and it spawns threads that won't die.

or change anyone's opinion of TO.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
khiladi;2787294 said:
Where were you when everybody was pretty much affirming that Garrett was about to get the head-coaching job, only suddenly being turned down? Where were you when the GM of the St. Louis Rams denied that the turning down of Jason Garrett had anything to do with the calls coming into the Rams organizations expressing their outrage that Garrett was about to get hired? Hell, Garrett was lucky that the GM was his close friend, otherwise he wouldn't have even gotten that close to the job in the first place after 2008...

just like you I was at home hearing it on the news...unlike you i didnt take the rumors that were there and create my own little scenario to fit the Garrett hate agenda you obviously have

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Primetime42;2787312 said:
Twitter's just this generation's slap bracelets and pop rocks.

I can't stand that site and it sticks in my craw that's where "reporters" have to get their information.
I agree that Twitter's a fad and that nothing of real importance happens on Twitter. It does have some utility though -- it allows you to send and receive short messages from multiple platforms and it allows you to search and choose people you want to 'follow'. It's texting on steroids. Once people figure out that that's about all it does, the fad will die down and what will be left are the people who find it genuinely useful (rather than just trendy.)

I've been using it for about a year because I find it useful, in a fun way.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
fanfromvirginia;2788726 said:
I agree that Twitter's a fad and that nothing of real importance happens on Twitter. It does have some utility though -- it allows you to send and receive short messages from multiple platforms and it allows you to search and choose people you want to 'follow'. It's texting on steroids. Once people figure out that that's about all it does, the fad will die down and what will be left are the people who find it genuinely useful (rather than just trendy.)

I've been using it for about a year because I find it useful, in a fun way.

yea, i figured out pretty quickly i have no desire to tell people about my ever waking moment and even less impressed by people who want to read that i just changed a tire on my car or worked on the house.

i logged on, created an account (renegadeiceberg) and played with it some but i log on so rarely now cause it's just stupid.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
iceberg;2788974 said:
yea, i figured out pretty quickly i have no desire to tell people about my ever waking moment and even less impressed by people who want to read that i just changed a tire on my car or worked on the house.

i logged on, created an account (renegadeiceberg) and played with it some but i log on so rarely now cause it's just stupid.

Twitter's been hugely popular out here in the bay area for years. A lot of people use it when they're out on weekends if they're out clubbing, so their friends can keep up with them and meet them throughout the night if they want to. It's got moderately-useful business applications, too. It's not so much stupid as it is technology in search of a genuine application.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Idgit;2788977 said:
Twitter's been hugely popular out here in the bay area for years. A lot of people use it when they're out on weekends if they're out clubbing, so their friends can keep up with them and meet them throughout the night if they want to. It's got moderately-useful business applications, too. It's not so much stupid as it is technology in search of a genuine application.

That is very well said.

Just a little piece of what is to come.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Idgit;2788977 said:

can't argue that point - well, not successfully.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle...y-romos-remarks-i-could-care-less.html?csp=34
Terrell Owens on Tony Romo's remarks: 'I could care less'

Buzz up!
Like this story? Share it with Yahoo! Buzz
The flames of the Terrell Owens-Tony Romo dispute continue to flicker.

Owens said today he's not bothered by Romo failing to say his name to Dallas reporters last week.

"I could care less," Owens said at the Bills' OTA workout. "I mean, he doesn’t say my name, that’s fine. What about it? Bill Parcells didn’t call me by my name either, so what’s the difference?"

Romo downplayed the loss of Owens, whom the Cowboys released in March, when the Cowboys worked out last week.

"We're all at risk every offseason, depending upon everything," Romo said. "You always want to go out there and try to have all the guys you play with every year. That just doesn't happen. We have to go with the guys we have here now, go forward and keep improving."

He failed to mention Owens, with whom he clashed last season, by name.

"(Owens) is great player and it's always difficult to replace someone who's had the success and been the dominant player he's been over the years," Romo said. "But guys have to step up and pick up the slack."

Aikbach

Reaction score
I wonder who he'll blame on Judgment Day? No quarterbacks to scapegoat on that occasion.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would rather talk about who is going to get credit when Romo and Garrett prove the doubters wrong that Romo is a quality QB and Jason has a clue how to run an offense. The guys in the media do not have to concern themselves with eating crow they will act like they knew it all the time some fans on the other hand that is going to be a different story.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Sad thing about Owens, he has really let his mouth tarnish one of the greatest careers in NFL history. For a guy that didn't have great hands, and ran pretty mediocre routes - he has been statistically the 2nd best WR in history. We often forget he played one of the gutsiest performances I've ever seen on a bolted ankle against a really good Patriots defense. I just figured that by 35 he would realize the more he talked the worst things got. It was always about him, even when he was pretending to be a good teammate it was still about him. Granted he had some statistically impressive performances, but outside his 4 TD game against Washington there were few times when he would absolutely dominate like he did in Philly.

There is always snitches, drama, and rifts around polarizing personalities like that. When he was dominating the league between 2002-2007 - you could tolerate that kind of behavior because he couldn't be covered. During this time his sheer athleticism compensated for his average skill set. We got to see him in the twilight of his career, his stats masked what was really happening.

I'm not big on chemistry in the locker room, but I know for a fact its difficult to gameplan offensively and adjust when every team knows where you're going to throw 20 times a game. Thats the kind of chemistry Owens threw off more than anything, the ability for Romo to maximize on the single coverage opportunities - screaming for the ball with 2 defenders assigned to him. Compound that with our other receivers not getting any separation, and you realize why Romo was relying on Witten so heavily last year. When things went south, defenses exploited our weaknesses, Owens started pointing fingers, and the already sinking ship took its final blow. 44-6 in Philly with Owens screaming on the sidelines was a fitting way for his career to end here.

I'm not thrilled with Roy Williams either, but I know for a fact that we are a better team without Owens on our team. And I really liked Terrell Owens.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Apollo Creed;2789489 said:
Sad thing about Owens, he has really let his mouth tarnish one of the greatest careers in NFL history.

I agree with this. It is true.

On the flip side. He couldnt handle the cupcake operation and joke at the GM position.

Aikbach

Reaction score
YoMick;2789503 said:
I agree with this. It is true.

On the flip side. He couldnt handle the cupcake operation and joke at the GM position.
He was given the most padded kid gloves a professional could ever have, had jerry not cut him it would've been an absolutely Al Davis type move of building a franchise around one player, an aging, immature player.

Owens is still an above average wideout and as a 36 year old man the man could probably compete with a seasoned Green Beret in terms of physical stamina but unfortunately a 6th grade girl is more emotionally mature than he is and that's been his downfall.

He'll retire without a ring.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Aikbach;2789649 said:
He was given the most padded kid gloves a professional could ever have, had jerry not cut him it would've been an absolutely Al Davis type move of building a franchise around one player, an aging, immature player.

Owens is still an above average wideout and as a 36 year old man the man could probably compete with a seasoned Green Beret in terms of physical stamina but unfortunately a 6th grade girl is more emotionally mature than he is and that's been his downfall.

Ok. I already agreed to the last post. Which I do.

So now I will agree with yours.

Kid gloves or not. He was wrong and so is Jerry and Wade. This organization is a mess.

And while he can be a total diva biotch. He is not always wrong. He is honest and I believe this team is in trouble. Even if was still here I believe that.

Jerry doesnt know what he is doing. And ah shucks Philips doesnt either.
I hated Wade's hiring from day one.

If we are lucky and good - we may get something done.

If we are just part time good - it will be the same as its been. Crumble to the ground.

Aikbach

Reaction score
YoMick;2789661 said:
Ok. I already agreed to the last post. Which I do.

So now I will agree with yours.

Kid gloves or not. He was wrong and so is Jerry and Wade. This organization is a mess.

And while he can be a total diva biotch. He is not always wrong. He is honest and I believe this team is in trouble. Even if was still here I believe that.

Jerry doesnt know what he is doing. And ah shucks Philips doesnt either.
I hated Wade's hiring from day one.

If we are lucky and good - we may get something done.

If we are just part time good - it will be the same as its been. Crumble to the ground.
I'm not looking for affirmation so please don't feel obligated, and I agree it was mistake to sign him, a move that likely shortened Parcells' tenure with Dallas, however I think Dallas' will rebound nicely in his absence and win two or three games more than last year.

I think there was definitely personality clash and disciplinary concerns on the 2008 Cowboys but I think great steps have been made to purge locker room distractions.

TO, Tank Johnson, Ellis and Pacman are gone and so is the incompetent special teams coach.

If the players step up Dallas can win, the staff is solid enough and if Dallas could win a Super Bowl with Barry Switzer at the helm then they can certainly win with Wade Phillips so long as the players step up.

Coaches like DeCamillis, Garrett and Campo make for good assistants who have won before and know what a winner looks like, if Wade just sticks to defensive play calling and lets the assistants and players do the rest, this is an 11-5 or 12-4 team easily.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Aikbach;2789649 said:

IMHO he deserves one though. His game against the Pats, after the snapped ankle - was an epic performance on the biggest stage. He played well enough to put his team in a position to win and would've been the MVP. Then Donny blew chunks and the rest is history.

So its not really fair to be like, 'he'll never get a ring' because he clearly played well enough to win won. Just like Romo against the Seahawks or Giants. He played QB well enough to win both games, a Crayton drop and a slippery football later he's a choke artist.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Aikbach;2789689 said:
I'm not looking for affirmation so please don't feel obligated, and I agree it was mistake to sign him, a move that likely shortened Parcells' tenure with Dallas, however I think Dallas' will rebound nicely in his absence and win two or three games more than last year.

I think there was definitely personality clash and disciplinary concerns on the 2008 Cowboys but I think great steps have been made to purge locker room distractions.

TO, Tank Johnson, Ellis and Pacman are gone and so is the incompetent special teams coach.

If the players step up Dallas can win, the staff is solid enough and if Dallas could win a Super Bowl with Barry Switzer at the helm then they can certainly win with Wade Phillips so long as the players step up.

Coaches like DeCamillis, Garrett and Campo make for good assistants who have won before and know what a winner looks like, if Wade just sticks to defensive play calling and lets the assistants and players do the rest, this is an 11-5 or 12-4 team easily.

I hear ya...

I think this team has too many weak links(Owens was one in his own way). I think this team has coaches that havent cut and the ones in place dont look too promising.

Poorly disciplined players and so-so coaches. I dont like it.

Apollo Creed;2790315 said:
IMHO he deserves one though. His game against the Pats, after the snapped ankle - was an epic performance on the biggest stage. He played well enough to put his team in a position to win and would've been the MVP. Then Donny blew chunks and the rest is history.

So its not really fair to be like, 'he'll never get a ring' because he clearly played well enough to win won. Just like Romo against the Seahawks or Giants. He played QB well enough to win both games, a Crayton drop and a slippery football later he's a choke artist.

I think its two fold.

1. Donny choked
2. Pats had the cheating thing going on. Game was close enough where IMO the cheating matters.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
Apollo Creed;2790315 said:

agreed on all fronts.