Parsons: Enough. stop trashing my QB and team

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right… it’s not a good look. I guess he thinks with his popularity he can sway opinion. But only winning can silence the noise.
The irony is that it’s not criticism directed at him. He’s mostly defending teammates. These guys should have short memories and deaf ears to media critics. Brady just did an interesting interview. He said that he now understands the frustration of fans watching games on TV. He goes on to explain that there is far more information and game context available to fans during a game than players on the field. We can see all the errors bc of the vantage point of the cameras and replays. Players on the field can only see what’s in front of them and have no idea what’s going on somewhere else on the field. Fans do.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Good, trash needs to be called out, like all the trash takes on here. Keep the same energy is all he's saying.

foofighters

Reaction score
Suddenly, all of the Micah lovers HATE HIM for defending Dak!!! Micah called every one of you out......telling y'all to stop your BS!

He's calling y'all out like an angry parent calls out his unruly, spoiled rotten, disrespectful, unappreciative, big-mouth children!

:lmao: :dance::laugh:
I mean if you want to make it about Dak, go ahead. I am just an old fart who doesn't understand today's youth. This constant need for attention and validation. My dad would have told me to shut up and work harder. It's like Emmitt Smith's dad told him, "Son, show a little class," the father said. "Act like you've been there before."

CCBoy

Reaction score
I mean if you want to make it about Dak, go ahead. I am just an old fart who doesn't understand today's youth. This constant need for attention and validation. My dad would have told me to shut up and work harder. It's like Emmitt Smith's dad told him, "Son, show a little class," the father said. "Act like you've been there before."
Learn now and prepare now...! Team!!

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We go stretches without calling his name or number. In some games he’s making an impact all throughout the game. Others not so much. And some hardly at all.

I know . Not all fans want to call out our best or most talented player but if he wants to truly be a MVP for the league I’d suggest being a bigger impact throughout.
If you think he wasn't impacting that game throughout then you really need to go watch that game again. Try looking a little deeper than the stat sheet

The Natural

Reaction score
They are a fair weather bunch. He didn’t have anything to say to the media last week because they got spanked by SF. A lot of ranting and raving when they dominated the NY teams though.

shabazz

Reaction score
Good, trash needs to be called out, like all the trash takes on here. Keep the same energy is all he's saying.
He’s saying more than that. He’s saying he’s an immature child that can’t stop whining about everything

The veterans on the team need to tell him to shutty.

a guy with 2 tackles and 1 sack in the last two games should be working on his craft instead of flapping his soup coolers.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
True. In 7 seasons he has 2 huge wild card weekend wins and I think he had a great game in NE once. Please feel free to add to the long list of big games he’s won.
Dak led the team to a marvelous come-from-behind victory last December against your Eagles. How could you have forgotten? That's just 1 of many.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
These old timers complain about YOUNG players always on social media, but in the same breath be on here all day, this is social media as well believe it or not. Bitter old men.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I didn't make it about Dak. Micah did. Nice try trying to flip the script.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I think he has his own podcast .........maybe I'm late finding out (lol).

He does not understand what it means to be a Cowboy yet. You gotta have some thick skin because you are either loved or hated. Mostly hated by the media and they take every shot they can at you when you are down. Even those that love you still have 30 years of frustration pent up!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you think he wasn't impacting that game throughout then you really need to go watch that game again. Try looking a little deeper than the stat sheet
I understand but I’m talking about plays where his number is being called.

And that’s what it takes if you want to be MVP.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Imagine dying on the Dak Prescott hill. Parsons isn't all that bright apparently and has been mostly a non factor for two and half games this young season.
With respect, this one is now in the hands of the Cowboys coaches.

Watch the last couple games you're referencing and note how much attention is being given to Parsons. 2 and at times 3 guys are chipping/blocking him per play. He's basically getting the treatment we want someone like a Mazi to receive - eating double teams.

HIs mere presence on the field is permitting those around him to be better. It's up to Quinn to move him around or create mismatches elsewhere to make other teams coaches alter their strategy. If the status quo continues, it's going to be a long and bruising season for Micah. Since he's taking it for team in that respect, I don't care how much he talks. Besides, he's defending a teammate.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He does not understand what it means to be a Cowboy yet. You gotta have some thick skin because you are either loved or hated. Mostly hated by the media and they take every shot they can at you when you are down. Even those that love you still have 30 years of frustration pent up!
Yea, I’m concerned this activity could begin to effect his performance . A weaker mindset not blocking out the noise could get into his head.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I understand but I’m talking about plays where his number is being called.

And that’s what it takes if you want to be MVP.
Defensive player being a league MVP is a pipe dream. Strahan broke the record for sacks in the season and didn't get it. Defensive player of the year? Sure. Team MVP? Definitely.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
This is literally optional media that he is doing on his own. There is no requirement for him to engage in social media or do podcasts. At most, he had to live with reporters in the locker room and the occasional post game interview if requested by network sponsors. All this twitter and podcasting is him courting his critics and feeling a need to have his own media voice in his spare time.
I didn't mean to imply that social media was mandatory. Thank God it's not. I meant to say that any player should be allowed to opt out of interviews with the media. IMO, if a player wants to go the whole season without ever talking to the media, even if his team goes to the Super Bowl, he should be allowed to.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Defensive player being a league MVP is a pipe dream. Strahan broke the record for sacks in the season and didn't get it. Defensive player of the year? Sure. Team MVP? Definitely.
Well. That was the narrative early on for Parsons. He was playing at what many described at a MVP level. League MVP.

Parsons impact was more than just sacks. His number was being called on pressures impacting basically almost every passing play.