Parsons: Enough. stop trashing my QB and team

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't mean to imply that social media was mandatory. Thank God it's not. I meant to say that any player should be allowed to opt out of interviews with the media. IMO, if a player wants to go the whole season without ever talking to the media, even if his team goes to the Super Bowl, he should be allowed to.
I agree. Personally , i don’t enjoy listening to them talk. Most are not articulate enough to give any real insights. They just repeat cliches and mumble.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I agree. Personally , i don’t enjoy listening to them talk. Most are not articulate enough to give any real insights. They just repeat cliches and mumble.
Yeah, they pretty much have to repeat cliches. If they let it all hang out on how they really feel, the league would come down on them. That happened when Richard Sherman said to Erin Andrews something like, "When you put a sorry-*** receiver against me like Crabtree, dat's the result you gon' get!" People didn't like him being truthful.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lots of people say one thing for public consumption but think some thing totally different. Its called the real world. There is one way to silence the doubters though.
Call them "business decisions" :laugh:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
giphy.gif

stilltheguru

Reaction score
The irony is that it’s not criticism directed at him. He’s mostly defending teammates. These guys should have short memories and deaf ears to media critics. Brady just did an interesting interview. He said that he now understands the frustration of fans watching games on TV. He goes on to explain that there is far more information and game context available to fans during a game than players on the field. We can see all the errors bc of the vantage point of the cameras and replays. Players on the field can only see what’s in front of them and have no idea what’s going on somewhere else on the field. Fans do.
Deaf ears to media? The same Brady who takes anything said about him as motivation? Interesting you used him

erod

Reaction score
Oh good gawd.

Millenials and those after are so mentally soft.

Go watch the Beckham doc on Netflix and see what he had to put up with after getting a red card in the World Cup.

Go look at Danny White, Jackie Smith, Leon Lett, and a million others.

They shut up, pressed on, and overcame it in life.

It comes with the territory and the paycheck. Get over it.

What could we get for this guy?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Oh good gawd.

Millenials and those after are so mentally soft.

Go watch the Beckham doc on Netflix and see what he had to put up with after getting a red card in the World Cup.

Go look at Danny White, Jackie Smith, Leon Lett, and a million others.

They shut up, pressed on, and overcame it in life.

It comes with the territory and the paycheck. Get over it.

What could we get for this guy?
Jackie's wife said that Jackie's life was awful after that drop. dang,

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, they pretty much have to repeat cliches. If they let it all hang out on how they really feel, the league would come down on them. That happened when Richard Sherman said to Erin Andrews something like, "When you put a sorry-*** receiver against me like Crabtree, dat's the result you gon' get!" People didn't like him being truthful.
Fans and media love that kind of stuff . The NFL does not. Sherman was always a great interview bc he actually can talk football and sound intelligent. He’s got a network job now.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eh, dude gets softer by the week.
He is NO L. Taylor not even close.
Welcome to our Circus and don't forget to enjoy the ride!!!!!
Many of the lesser talents have had a blast in Big D!!!

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I mean if you want to make it about Dak, go ahead. I am just an old fart who doesn't understand today's youth. This constant need for attention and validation. My dad would have told me to shut up and work harder. It's like Emmitt Smith's dad told him, "Son, show a little class," the father said. "Act like you've been there before."
You mean your dad wouldn't have tweeted for you to not express your microagressions at the team and to respect everyone's personal space?

Haha.....I'm not old (IMO) but I'm with you on this one.

starfan1

Reaction score
cowboy zone prior to this comment " Micah is a lion he says things people should listen as he is the leader"
after the comment "Micah is a blabber mouth who cares what he says"

honestly i think Micah is an attention *****.Hes my favorite player after CeeDee but i dwish hed shut his trap. Some of his takes are outlandish especially after tha san fran loss

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
It' a fair statement. Just talking on his podcast. He has to realize that the team that he plays for is the #1 story in sports essentially 24-7-365 so they'll take his soundbites and use them however they chose.