Penn State Head Coach Joe Paterno FIRED *SuperMerge*

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Rogah;4235903 said:
You've been a Paterno apologist since this whole story broke and that's fine, but the above statement here has totally crossed the line. :mad:

I've said it before but apparently it never sunk in: Paterno telling his boss does not constitute telling the "proper authorities."

Its got nothing to do with being a Paterno apoligist or hater. Its got to do with knowing the facts of what happened and realizing out of the 100 people or so who could have stopped this (if not more) Joe is one of the only ones to take the information he had to the local police unit on campus. Going to the head of campus police with the info he had about one incident is more than most anyone else did.. more than what some people who are still employed by the university did.

..also, please don't tell me when i've crossed the line because you've proven to be one of the people who are only looking at Joe right now even though he went to the police with the info and they didn't do their job, just like in 98.

This is a systematic, far reaching failure that extends outside the university even.. and all you want to talk about is Joe Paterno. Those of you that continue to do this are missing the point entirely.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Rogah;4235916 said:
As I mentioned in another post, the fact that they kept McQueary scares the living daylights out of me that there is so much more being covered up. It seems to me that the Penn State administration is afraid of pissing him off. They may be rewarding him for services already performed or they are afraid of what else he could say to further bring down Paterno and the football program.

lol.. more hogwash. And more hogwash directed at trying to pin Joe Paterno as the biggest villian in all of this. Why am i not suprised?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
JBond;4235907 said:
The (well I can't call them men, because that is an insult to real men), but the people running your college did this. They allowed it to go on.

I had nothing against the people running Penn State right up to the point they started protecting child rapists.

I used to be a fan, believe it or not.

I can't believe they decided to keep McQueary. They are fools of the highest order. As disgusting a group of people as exists on this planet. You of all people should want to clear out the trash from your own school.

Protecting an evil person is what got your school in trouble in the first place.

McQueary, the punk that watched a child be raped and did nothing? You keep him? LOL. Penn State is a complete joke. Pure 100% trash

Look no further than the student body and their behavior last night. Classless.

Penn State isn't a college, first of all.

Secondly, the actions of a few men don't condemn hundreds of thousands of people nationwide.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4235918 said:
She did go to the local police, as Joe did with the information he had. If they had done their jobs, again we'd be talking about how courageous Joe was instead of all of you wrongfully proclaiming him a monster.

The police didn't do their job in 98, and they didn't do it in 2002 either.

Yet all we hear about is "Joe the Monster". Its a joke.

Paterno sees nothing done and leaves it at that? As Posluszney and Connor said...Sandusky was frequently around the facilities years afterwards and Paterno doesn't bother to ask why a guy accused to molesting young boys is still around. Would that at least raise a suspicion to ask? Even if Sandusky was investigated and it was a legit misunderstanding...would you not be at least curious about it?

The mother went to the police and was involved with the DA who told her they couldn't go any further.

The difference is tremendous, yet you are so desparate to deflect blame on Paterno that you would put blame on a mother of a molestation victim who went the police.

YR

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RoyTheHammer;4235932 said:
lol.. more hogwash. And more hogwash directed at trying to pin Joe Paterno as the biggest villian in all of this. Why am i not suprised?

I have yet to see people here saying that Joe Pa is the biggest villian in all of this.

Most say Sandusky and the guy who saw the shower scene and did not do anything to stop it at that time as the biggest villians.

So please stop acting like everyone is saying people are making Joe out to be the biggest villian in all of this because it is not true.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Not to interject politics into this at all, but, listening to Rush Limbaugh on my way across town just now, he said that he was discussing this at the Steelers game in Pittsburgh this weekend (he's a big steelers fan) and that the people he was with told him that Sandusky's inclinations were well-known. That most everyone knew about his pedophilia.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4235961 said:
I have yet to see people here saying that Joe Pa is the biggest villian in all of this.

Most say Sandusky and the guy who saw the shower scene and did not do anything to stop it at that time as the biggest villians.

So please stop acting like everyone is saying people are making Joe out to be the biggest villian in all of this because it is not true.

Agreed. Also, stop saying he went to the police. The campus police is not the real police, especially when they work for the university.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4235961 said:

That's his M.O.

Anything to get the blame off of Joe Pa.

If it takes putting words in other people's mouths...so be it.

If it takes blaming a mother of one of the victims...so be it.

If I found out my own father did this, I couldn't excuse him for it. It would break my heart, but I couldn't excuse him for it.

And he's making excuses and trying to pass the blame for a stranger who coaches his favorite college team.

YR

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Double Trouble;4235969 said:
Not to interject politics into this at all, but, listening to Rush Limbaugh on my way across town just now, he said that he was discussing this at the Steelers game in Pittsburgh this weekend (he's a big steelers fan) and that the people he was with told him that Sandusky's inclinations were well-known. That most everyone knew about his pedophilia.

I often listen to Pat Jones, the old Oklahoma State coach from the Barry Sanders days, on OKC radio. He knows tons and tons of people in the business, and he said he'd heard the same type of thing for years now from people in that area.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4235961 said:

Are you kidding me? Show many how many times the name Joe Paterno is coming up in this thread, then show me how many times the name's Jerry Sandusky, or Tim Curley, or Graham Spanier, or Gary Schultz, or Mike McQueary have come up.

Or the local police, or the Second Mile, the the PA Dept of Public Welfare, etc, etc..

The fact that you don't even know the name of the "guy who saw the guy in the shower with the boy" should be telling. Everyone goes after who the media tells them to. That's why we have 300 pages of comments on Joe Paterno instead of 300 pages of comments about Jerry Sandusky, or the victims, or the 3 men who are known to be involved and lied to cover it up, or the man who saw it happen and say "Duhhh.. lemme go call my daddy."

Reality was spot on in his remarks a couple days ago, the way our society works is shameful. This incident is a part of that, as is the coverage its getting, as our the people who feel the need to pile on.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;4235977 said:
That's his M.O.

Anything to get the blame off of Joe Pa.

If it takes putting words in other people's mouths...so be it.

If it takes blaming a mother of one of the victims...so be it.

If I found out my own father did this, I couldn't excuse him for it. It would break my heart, but I couldn't excuse him for it.

And he's making excuses and trying to pass the blame for a stranger who coaches his favorite college team.

YR

As usual in this thread.. you couldn't be more wrong or more ignorant with what you are posting.

Never one defended Paterno's actions (or inactions) on this matter. He needed to go, and even he knew this.. that he should have done more.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4235975 said:
Agreed. Also, stop saying he went to the police. The campus police is not the real police, especially when they work for the university.

They arn't rent a cop, they are an entire, independant department.

If they had done their job with the info Joe provided them, we wouldn't be hearing this right now.

If the police or the state dept had done their job in 98 with the information they had about Sandusky, we wouldn't be hearing this.

Do you dispute any of this?

JBond

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4235936 said:
Penn State isn't a college, first of all.

Secondly, the actions of a few men don't condemn hundreds of thousands of people nationwide.

People resorting to semantics to deflect blame is common in disagreements. It is also a sign of weakness.

"We are Penn State"

"We idolize our leaders, but have no role to play in their misdeeds, We are Penn State"

"We systematically cover for a serial rapist and promote those who keep silent, We are Penn State".

This is not only a issue at Penn State, it is a problem in many colleges and universities. Blind worship and the feeling that certain people and or programs must be protected at all costs is a sign of the times. I am surprised something like this has no happened sooner. Power and greed. Penn State screwed up and is now compounding it.

I suppose you would have walked away from a child being raped? Of course not, yet Penn State is rewarding such an individual.

I would have expected all the Penn State faithful to be pissed off and wanting heads on a platter. I did not expect them to circle the wagons as they "scream nothing to see here".

Until the faithful step up and demand a house cleaning, they will remain part of the problem. The administration knows you have their back as evidenced on this very board.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4235986 said:
As usual in this thread.. you couldn't be more wrong or more ignorant with what you are posting.

Never one defended Paterno's actions (or inactions) on this matter. He needed to go, and even he knew this.. that he should have done more.

You are two faced.

You have stuck up for Paterno's actions. You have tons of posts defending him as a person, deflecting blame from him, attempting to minimize his action/inaction and tried to claim that he did what he was supposed to.

Just so you know...NOBODY on this thread believes that you 'never defended Paterno's actions.'

You're are clearly transparent.

I can't believe you if your tongue was notarized.

YR

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
JBond;4235989 said:
People resorting to semantics to deflect blame is common in disagreements. It is also a sign of weakness.

"We are Penn State"

"We idolize our leaders, but have no role to play in their misdeeds, We are Penn State"

"We systematically cover for a serial rapist and promote those who keep silent, We are Penn State".

This is not only a issue at Penn State, it is a problem in many colleges and universities. Blind worship and the feeling that certain people and or programs must be protected at all costs is a sign of the times. I am surprised something like this has no happened sooner. Power and greed. Penn State screwed up and is now compounding it.

I suppose you would have walked away from a child being raped? Of course not, yet Penn State is rewarding such an individual.

I would have expected all the Penn State faithful to be pissed off and wanting heads on a platter. I did not expect them to circle the wagons as they "scream nothing to see here".

Until the faithful step up and demand a house cleaning, they will remain part of the problem. The administration knows you have their back as evidenced on this very board.

All im saying is you can't condemn the hundreds of thousands of PSU alumni and faculty and students worldwide for the actions of a few men.. this should be pretty obvious.

Alot of people are demanding a house cleaning, and as many of us have said already.. its a disgrace that certain people are still employed by the university. Two men specifically.

joseephuss

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4235982 said:
Are you kidding me? Show many how many times the name Joe Paterno is coming up in this thread, then show me how many times the name's Jerry Sandusky, or Tim Curley, or Graham Spanier, or Gary Schultz, or Mike McQueary have come up.

Or the local police, or the Second Mile, the the PA Dept of Public Welfare, etc, etc..

The fact that you don't even know the name of the "guy who saw the guy in the shower with the boy" should be telling. Everyone goes after who the media tells them to. That's why we have 300 pages of comments on Joe Paterno instead of 300 pages of comments about Jerry Sandusky, or the victims, or the 3 men who are known to be involved and lied to cover it up, or the man who saw it happen and say "Duhhh.. lemme go call my daddy."

Reality was spot on in his remarks a couple days ago, the way our society works is shameful. This incident is a part of that, as is the coverage its getting, as our the people who feel the need to pile on.

You just keep piling on more and more bull. It is ridiculous.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4235988 said:
They arn't rent a cop, they are an entire, independant department.

If they had done their job with the info Joe provided them, we wouldn't be hearing this right now.

If the police or the state dept had done their job in 98 with the information they had about Sandusky, we wouldn't be hearing this.

Do you dispute any of this?

Campus police are closer to rent a cop than real police, no one respects them, and anything bigger than underage drinking they hand off to the real police.

Not at all. Everyone should have done more, and that includes Paterno.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;4235992 said:
You are two faced.

You have stuck up for Paterno's actions. You have tons of posts defending him as a person, deflecting blame from him, attempting to minimize his action/inaction and tried to claim that he did what he was supposed to.

Just so you know...NOBODY on this thread believes that you 'never defended Paterno's actions.'

You're are clearly transparent.

I can't believe you if your tongue was notarized.

YR

lol

Go ahead and speak for all.. but you continue to be senseless in your comments. Not once have i said Paterno did the right thing, and there is nothing you can quote to say i did.. because its misleading and just plan false.

As have been most of your comments in this thread so far. Assumptions and false accusations.. that is the name of your game. You have no idea what you speak of, yet you throw your comments out there like this board depends on them. How Joe is so selfish, how everything he's ever done has been for himself and his legacy, etc, etc.. you're a joke. Simple as that.

Talk to anyone who has ever had the oppertunity to be around the man on a daily basis.. and you'll see just how silly all of your comments in this thread have been. You've tried to make up facts, thrown out plenty of assumptions, and passed judgement with supreme ignorance of the man and the situation. I have nothing more to say to you.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RoyTheHammer;4235982 said:

No you are wrong...nobody here thinks Joe Pa is as bad of a person as the others mentioned no matter how many times you repeat it.

As far as Realitys media rants and the way he handled them...I think he was off topic and just wanted to rant about the media. There is nothing wrong with complaining about the media as we all have done it for different things but it does not take away from what was done by sandusky, the other members nor does it take away from how people see Joe's role in this.

You are too close to the situation with Penn State and joe to see clearly right now.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4236002 said:
Campus police are closer to rent a cop than real police, no one respects them, and anything bigger than underage drinking they hand off to the real police.

Not at all. Everyone should have done more, and that includes Paterno.

Agreed. So if they knew they couldn't handle it, it was their job to hand it off to the local municipal police force.

Your last statement really says all that needs to be said.