People thought the 49ers were unbeatable

diamonddelts

Reaction score
My OP was about the narrative that the 49ers are unbeatable and can’t be had. They just were. Let’s stop acting like the season is over.
You need the right personnel to match up with SF. Dallas light in the arse players are a BAD match up for SF. Dal and SF should not be mentioned in the same sentence.

SF is head and shoulders above any other team in the NFC.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Did we get the start threads about this might be the blueprint on how to beat the 49ers did they layout the blueprint did the Raven show everybody in the world how to beat the 9ers who have already lost four this year and it's supposed to be unbeatable and this was a healthy 49ers team no excuses I didn't watch the game did they play in San Francisco??

Every time the Dallas Cowboys lose the game we have to hear about it's the blueprint how they've been exposed etcetera etcetera so we get to do that with all these other teams who by the way the Dallas Cowboys are still one of maybe six teams that have 10+ wins..

Is it turn about fair play shouldn't we call them exposed now..lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
I mean how can an MVP quarterback throw 4 interceptions in a game why can't they beat good teams LOL I thought Brock Purdy was clearly the MVP candidate and the 49ers were unbeatable you got to love this week two week league...

Everyone thinks the Eagles are back on track but I watched that game they really looked bad the giants just couldn't get that gap that small gap closed by the end of the game....

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Ravens are solid.

Turnovers will get any team beat though.

Ravens - Detroit. My prediction for the Super Bowl.

Gambit

Reaction score
We've been letting it play out for 28 years.
A long time ago I learned that I have no personal control over what happens on the field, in the front office, in FA, on draft day etc.

None whatsoever. Since then it has made being just a fan much much easier.

I don't have to have the angst of "we've been letting it ride for 28years" because my identity is not wrapped up in a Cowboys game result a season result or in. Anything the team does whether it be win a Superbowl or make playoffs 3 times in 3 years, not done since the 90s and on verge of 3 12 win seasons.

All of those are nice, but at end of day, I have zero control over any of it.

Since that day, life has had at least 16 weeks of more peace each year.

Creeper

Reaction score
I imagine it is a real challenge having to defend Lamar Jackson. He runs like a character in a video game. Earlier in the year no one thought the AFC could keep up with the NFC top teams, but now it looks like the best team in the NFL is the Ravens. But then again, it was one game. This year it seems like anything can happen.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I mean how can an MVP quarterback throw 4 interceptions in a game why can't they beat good teams LOL I thought Brock Purdy was clearly the MVP candidate and the 49ers were unbeatable you got to love this week two week league...

Everyone thinks the Eagles are back on track but I watched that game they really looked bad the giants just couldn't get that gap that small gap closed by the end of the game....
Their Safeties totally ruled between the hatches....very impressive performance by the Ravens defense.
The OP like your 'Everybody thinks the Eagles are back on track' comments are this child like assumption that the world lives in absolutes and necessitates a strawman argument.
The Eagles and especially Hurts/receivers look out of synch, and if the Ravens play like they did last night they're going to be difficult to beat.
Every time the Dallas Cowboys lose the game we have to hear about it's the blueprint how they've been exposed
There is a blueprint: get ahead with an early lead, run the ball, dont over compensate the stop our run game, play zonal cover 2 (with safeties switching to come down) take Dak out of his comfort zone and make him throw into coverage.
To be fair Dak almost overcame the blueprint in Miami, but, its still the blueprint.
It's difficult to play the 'blueprint', Eagles don't have the secondary which a team needs (that and strong Lines).

Xeven

Reaction score
Our main weakness that causes our loss I our run Defense. We need our Offense on the field most of the game to win and when we get gashed in run D they eat up clock that Dak needs.

Jayinem

Reaction score
They’ve beaten us in the playoffs by a combined 13 points the past two seasons. I’d take them to win over us, too, but to say they own us is an act of exaggeration IMO.
And instead of us figuring them out and getting over the hump they beat us 42-10 in the last meeting.

DFWJC

Reaction score
49ers had already lost 3 games even before last night, so not sure how anyone could they they are totally unbeatable.
The hyperbole on this site is comical at times.

Jayinem

Reaction score
49ers had already lost 3 games even before last night, so not sure how anyone could they they are totally unbeatable.
The hyperbole on this site is comical at times.
Every single team in the NFL has had a couple of bad losses this season, no exceptions. But that doesn't mean all teams are equal.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Every single team in the NFL has had a couple of bad losses this season, no exceptions. But that doesn't mean all teams are equal.
True
Of course not.
It just means any team can be beaten on a given day, just some more than others.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Only 1 team has gone undefeated and won a championship so of course all teams will lose some games. The 49ers are still legit...I know that if I wanted the better chance of winning a championship, I'd rather be in their position than the Cowboys!

You could even argue that this was a good loss for them to avoid going into the playoffs with a long winning streak

Jayinem

Reaction score
To me we saw clearly the best team in the AFC face the best team in the NFC. Nothing changed despite the outcome, and they're still most likely to face again in the Super Bowl. I just don't see us or Philly or Detroit going into SF and getting a victory, but anything is possible.

If they do have a rematch will Brock Purdy have 4 INTs? I doubt it. So the outcome could be different.

Jarntt

Reaction score
And people thought they were unbeatable lol.

Tough two-game skid for us but if you truly think our season is over, then look around. This is one of those weird seasons where two wild cards could meet in the Super Bowl.

Just let it play out…
Unbeatable? I don't think I heard anyone make that statement about any team this year

Mark

Reaction score
I thought a healthy 49'ers team was unbeatable this year.

Was clearly (and pleasantly) proven wrong.

What can the Cowboys learn from last night's game?

1942willys

Reaction score
Ravens are really looking tough. Kind of snuck up on people; everyone was of course watching KC and the Eagles and the 49rs.

They have to be considered the best team in the NFL at this time.

Still think SF is next but the gap between them and several others is not that big. Of course they are the bogeymen to us as they have beaten us three times in a row; twice in the playoffs and worked us like a rented mule this season.