Pet peeves

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I live in old folks' country and the driving is making me nuts. Most drive as if they'll die when they get to their destination so let's stretch this out. Then there are the ones that are afraid if they don't come to a complete stop, they'll roll the car. And since most are hard of hearing, road rage and yelling at them doesn't work. They just wave and smile.

You'll notice I didn't mention leaving the turn signal on because I do that just to annoy them. I start in the garage.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After reading the Cookie ingredients on Fireside, not sure I'd want a Cookie anyways:p
Naaaah, I am talking electric cookies, the kind that make you sit in one place for an hour looking at your hands and wondering why they don't match and wouldn't it be more convenient to have the thumbs on the same side. These are Keebler elves orgy cookies.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People expect me not to care, because I say it frequently. They just can't stop themselves from talking though.
I think I spent so many years in sales/management that I have trained myself to feign interest while actively trying the guess the favorite sexual positions of any females in the vicinity. I am pretty good too, get 6 out of 10 correct.

However, after moving down here, I am at 9 out of 10 with the favorite position...…. sleeping.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apologies if someone has mentioned this already.

Pet peeve: Saying next year instead of this season or upcoming season.

Example: Today is July 17, 2018 and someone says, "Our defense was average in 2017. I hope it improves next year."

Next year would equate to 2019, not 2018.

Yeah yeah yeah. People qualify such application with a 'you know what you mean' eye roll but why not say, "I hope it improves this season" or "I hope it improves this upcoming season" instead? Do people not know what they are actually saying?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Apologies if someone has mentioned this already.

Pet peeve: Saying next year instead of this season or upcoming season.

Example: Today is July 17, 2018 and someone says, "Our defense was average in 2017. I hope it improves next year."

Next year would equate to 2019, not 2018.

Yeah yeah yeah. People qualify such application with a 'you know what you mean' eye roll but why not say, "I hope it improves this season" or "I hope it improves this upcoming season" instead? Do people not know what they are actually saying?
Your disgust is misplaced. It should be directed at the people who make calendars starting with January, instead of August.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I see toilet etiquette is making the rounds in the thread. Usually I would not touch the subject (pun intended) but I would like to vent for a sec.

I wish all plumbing was excellent and equal but it isn't. Nowadays you can be graced with facilities that do not even require you to touch anything. Simply do your business and it flushes away automatically. It is magical...

Of course, there is nothing magical about getting rid of <expletive>. I cannot count the number of times I have visited a bathroom and found <expletive> waiting to be discovered. It is those JACKPOT occasions when the countless varieties of human excrement are painfully revealed.

Seriously. Old people. Young people. Parents of unsupervised bay bay kids. Women. Men. I could not care less. Culprits should be shot. On sight. No one should deal with other people's <expletive>. Ever.

Are you in a hurry? Okay. Do not visit a public restroom. Just <expletive> on yourself because no one should be confronted with your stinky treasure trove of <expletive> since you were 'in a hurry' and did not flush.

Does your <expletive> smells awful? Too bad. Deal with it. No one else, as in no one else on planet Earth, should see what you could not bear to deal with long enough to flush.

Cannot stand the sight of your <expletive>? That is completely understandable since no one else should gag over what came out of your body either. Flush.

No toilet paper? Did not check for toilet paper beforehand? That is a you problem. It is not a 'Thank goodness I found a open stall and OMG WHAT IS THAT SMEARED ON THE WALLS???' nightmare for anyone else. Check for TP before checking out your bowels.

Paper grows on trees. Nature does not cultivate paper within the linings of a discharge pipe to the point where the toilet bowl CANNOT drain its contents. Use. Common. Sense. Before. You. Wipe.

Lastly, as I alluded to earlier, plumbing is not perfect everywhere. Sometimes one flush is plenty and there is a nice tidy clean toilet bowl waiting for the next porcelain throne visitor. Occasionally, two flushes are necessary. Maybe, three flushes will do the job. Know what? THERE IS NO SET FLUSHING LIMIT! Stay and continue flushing until evidence of your visit has vanished vanished vanished vanished vanished (echo).

Good. I feel better. Wait. I think that burrito has come back to haunt me...

/rant

Sounds like you frequent a lot of <expletive> establishments... lol

I agree. Those who deficate in a public restroom without the courtesy flush
deserve a special place in hell. They're disgusting people.

Personally, when I'm out in public and need to <expletive>, I usually try to hold it or
I'll even race home, if possible. On the rare occasion, when I do have to <expletive> in public,
I shower as soon as I'm home. While I'm at it, the <expletive> who decided single-ply TP
is adequate for wiping needs his <expletive> kicked.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like you frequent a lot of <expletive> establishments... lol

I agree. Those who deficate in a public restroom without the courtesy flush
deserve a special place in hell. They're disgusting people.

Personally, when I'm out in public and need to <expletive>, I usually try to hold it or
I'll even race home, if possible. On the rare occasion, when I do have to <expletive> in public,
I shower as soon as I'm home. While I'm at it, the <expletive> who decided single-ply TP
is adequate for wiping needs his <expletive> kicked.
I put on my dog suit and go in the median but I am getting to old to be dragging my butt on the grass.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hmmm. It used to be age 25. These days, however, 27-32 sounds about right... lol
There was a time when an 18 year old "kid" was called upon to fight in War.
Still is if they volunteer. Once upon a time they could get drafted and their butts put in harm's way and they couldn't vote or legally get a beer. Still can't get the beer...legally.