News: PFT: Elliott's dad says "legal team is ready to fight"

superonyx

Reaction score
I'd prefer the dad just shut up and let Elliott's legal team handle any media interaction going forward.
I wouldn't. His leaks and reaction is needed to start the process of clearing his sons name in the court of public opinion....maybe public opinion should not matter but it absolutely does...its why Zeke is suspended in the first place...and why this lady can tell him that he is black man and she is a white woman and no one is going to believe him...If she said this then she is even more disgusting of a person.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I just don't see that going well.

i dont think the NFL wanting to see the risk of an equal opportunity case.
zeke lawyers can turn this into PR nightmare for nfl.

simple case:
1. accuser lies and falsified evidence
2. white man got 1 game
3. zeke got 6 games while the accuser is proven liar and has stated interest in blackmailing/ruining him - and the bit about i am white woman and u r black man

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
he should not sue her - women groups will fund her lawsuit.

he should go after the NFL on equal opportunity with EEOC.

I think women's group could be upset that an accuser is using the DV moniker to get back at someone.

When there is no DV involved, and accuser is known for lying, this will look bad for abused women who speak out.

Plumfool

Reaction score
Because in the climate of the past decade, facts no longer matter. People just pick their side based on the skin color they prefer. And in this case, the team they root for.

The sides were picked if she made that statement.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I think women's group could be upset that an accuser is using the DV moniker to get back at someone.

When there is no DV involved, and accuser is known for lying, this will look bad for abused women who speak out.

they will be upset, hopefully very soon.

Section446

Reaction score
i dont think the NFL wanting to see the risk of an equal opportunity case.
zeke lawyers can turn this into PR nightmare for nfl.

simple case:
1. accuser lies and falsified evidence
2. white man got 1 game
3. zeke got 6 games while the accuser is proven liar and has stated interest in blackmailing/ruining him - and the bit about i am white woman and u r black man
A few things:
1. Her being a liar won't matter (and it shouldn't) in court or to the NFL. Just because she's dishonest doesn't mean he didn't do it.

2. The bit about her being white, him being black... From what I've gathered, that's hearsay at this point, and isn't recorded on any media (text, email, etc...).

3. They aren't going to win an equal opportunity case by simply referring to a single case where a white guy got less time. All they'd have to do is create circumstances out of thin air to justify their decision.

Again, if he didn't do it, I hope his legal team is successful in going scorched earth on the league.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
yes it is called equal opportunity.
they cannot punish white man and black man differently.
especially when the white man admitted DV while Zeke's accuser has been proven as a liar.

If this becomes a race issue, and I hope it doesn't. It could very well change the trajectory of this case. From something DV related to something that is race related.

I think the NFL opened up themselves for this can of worms.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Two things:
1. Her being a liar won't matter (and it shouldn't) in court or to the NFL. Just because she's dishonest doesn't mean he didn't do it.

2. The bit about her being white, him being black... From what I've gathered, that's hearsay at this point, and isn't recorded on any media (text, email, etc...).

3. They aren't going to win an equal opportunity case by simply referring to a single case where a white guy got less time. All they'd have to do is create circumstances out of thin air to justify their decision.

1. she try to falsify evidence. how would anyone know she did not cause the bruises herself?
2. zeke's lawyers should have a simple press conference and play the race card - 3 slides a) liar, b) white man punishment c) black man punishment DESPITE falsified evidence.
3. public relations war
jerry to other owners - do you want the NFL to be responsible for causing riots?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
A few things:

Again, if he didn't do it, I hope his legal team is successful in going scorched earth on the league.

Well just because she lied and wanted to "ruin his career" could also means that Zeke really didn't do it. And that she is making this whole thing up so she can actually ruin his career.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Well getting his family involved in this might be a good thing. When people see Zeke they think women beater. When a Dad and Mom speaks, they thinking they are fighting for the injustice brought upon their son.
I somewhat see your point...but Zeke is not a minor. Zeke is not in high school. And all I am saying is that GROWN man accused of something...should have a voice.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I somewhat see your point...but Zeke is not a minor. Zeke is not in high school. And all I am saying is that GROWN man accused of something...should have a voice.

what zeke says can be used against him.
what zeke fathers says - much less so but hope this is under lawyer instructions.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
they will be upset, hopefully very soon.

Not unless Zeke's team brings to light that the real victims here are the ones who are abused. Because when someone lies in public about being abused and gets away with it.

The real abused victims and the ones who are afraid to speak out are left behind.

This doesn't solve anything regarding DV - especially when the one thats pressing charges is known for lying.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Not unless Zeke's team brings to light that the real victims here are the ones who are abused. Because when someone lies in public about being abused and gets away with it.

The real abused victims and the ones who are afraid to speak out are left behind.

This doesn't solve anything regarding DV - especially when the one thats pressing charges is known for lying.

zeke and his lawyers are there to protect zeke.
not to do a public interest message about DV, unless it serves his purposes.

cowboys1985

Reaction score
The fundemental issue is that the NFL is telling Zeke you didn't prove that you didn't hit her. That's an incredibly dangerous precedent the NFL is setting that the NFLPA will fight. Having to prove innocence is a tough standard to fight and puts players in a horrible situation. The only shot I believe the NFLPA has is if they can argue the fallacy and legality of assuming guilt and proving innocence.

It's a tough case to prove because of the broad powers of Goodell but Zeke's legal team may be able to argue the NFL's stance of proving innocence is unconstitutional. It's doubtful, but I'm not sure if it's been tried in courts before on such a large scale.

Sydla

Reaction score
I wouldn't. His leaks and reaction is needed to start the process of clearing his sons name in the court of public opinion....maybe public opinion should not matter but it absolutely does...its why Zeke is suspended in the first place...and why this lady can tell him that he is black man and she is a white woman and no one is going to believe him...If she said this then she is even more disgusting of a person.

Now is not the time IMO.............. because anything he says that comes out wrong could be used against Zeke.

Then again, maybe this is all part of the attorneys' strategy.