News: PFT: Josh Norman on Dez: Cowboys should get their $70 million back

Wayne02

Reaction score
I have the ticket and watch a lot of games. Seriously never heard of the guy. I also saw ineptitude by our offense and not so much Norman making a play. Even the early play in the game, Dez dropped the pass and Norman acted like he knocked it away. What a clown.

If you've never heard of him then you don't watch much football, the guy is probably going to be 1st team All Pro this year.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Didn't Dez get hurt the very first game? Broke his foot right? Fought hard to get back from what I've read.Did some special treatments to help healing.

I don't get the bashing of him. He's BY FAR the best receiver Dallas has had in years.

TO was better. But yes in recent years.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
That is why I keep saying he should have sat out the season and just enjoyed the disaster of the season from the sidelines with his foot propped up. But, the lynch mob would gave probably have said he didn't try hard enough to get back on the field after getting paid. Damn do, damn don't.

God I swear. It's like Dez has never caught a pass that mattered or something. Give me a break!

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
It could be a long time before Dallas gets up from these knockout blows, maybe too long for some of the older fans. It's just really hard to find a QB and more so one to stay healthy.

The Big Ben/ Brady/Newton type that can shrug off some of the bigger hits is huge.

knightrider94

Reaction score
In terms of problems, the last three great Dallas WRs had problems. The only difference is the ring count.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Players said Dez was bumping his gums before the game. Do we really know if that's true or not? No but I can see it. They were both being stupid. I'll leave it at that.

Why would they lie?

He probably thought he would own Norman, not the case.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Talkers talk. What goes around usually comes around. If Dez's mouth was writing checks his *** can't cash, I don't blame Norman for getting lippy. I just think it's funny how some players feel the need to yap when they have a good day.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Talkers talk. What goes around usually comes around. If Dez's mouth was writing checks his *** can't cash, I don't blame Norman for getting lippy. I just think it's funny how some players feel the need to yap when they have a good day.

It's funnier when they are yapping while having a bad day.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
If one of our CBs shut down one of the leagues premier players, he deserves the right to talk smack.

You want to shut these guys up? Start playing better. Simple as that.

ringmaster

Reaction score
Dez could have had a TD on him too, but dropped the pass that hit him in the hands.
Exactly and there was a play where Romo, overthrew him deep in which Norman was trailing as for Norman the player he's a good but not great DB nowhere near where Revis, was at his age as a DB and if Norman was in Dallas playing defense he wouldn't even be considered a top corner imo he's a product of a good Carolina defense and they're 11-0 still not impressed with them as team though.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Him, Romo, Carr and a few others need to give money back.

You got shut down, ok cool. Maybe you aren't 100.

But to sit there, and talk ****, and still get shut down. Disgrace

We should let Dez and Romo go. Dez needs to be with a team like the Pats. It's not like we use him correctly anyways.

And Romo just needs to go, period.

Ready to start over, and build around this O-Line.

Get rid of these trash *** Db's also

We cant win a single game without Romo...............NONE SINCE 2010...........and Romo needs to give his money back?

Romo should ask for a dam raise, he clearly was not right yesterday dumping cups of water over his head to keep from passing out but he knew he had to play for us to have any chance at all.

I seriously question the IQ of anybody that thinks Romo is the problem with this POS team.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
My my how quickly fans turn. If you can call yourselves that. Dez is and always will be a top 5 wr in this league. The guy is playing on a surgically repaired foot and a bummed knee and you people are ripping on him? He's had Romo for 1 full game this season. 1. You all need to relax, enjoy the long weekend, and come back Monday. This is ridiculous

Being injured has nothing to do with giving effort..............he stands there jawing with a DB while an INT is being returned. Let me repeat that, while a live play is still going in, Dez is standing there jawing at the DB. Maybe Dez could have chased him down and maybe not, but to just stop playing while a INT is being returned is just laughable.

And in Tampa, yea he got interfered with, but he turned to the ref and started jawing for a flag while the ball was still in play, he didn't even try to knock the ball down or face guard or anything, just turned to the ref while the ball was in the process of being INT.

Those things have nothing to do with playing on an injured foot, those things are all effort based and frankly for $70 million I expect a little more effort than what I am seeing. I don't blame Jerry at all for telling Dez he needs the reps, even if the season is over.

knightrider94

Reaction score
Being injured has nothing to do with giving effort..............he stands there jawing with a DB while an INT is being returned. Let me repeat that, while a live play is still going in, Dez is standing there jawing at the DB. Maybe Dez could have chased him down and maybe not, but to just stop playing while a INT is being returned is just laughable.

And in Tampa, yea he got interfered with, but he turned to the ref and started jawing for a flag while the ball was still in play, he didn't even try to knock the ball down or face guard or anything, just turned to the ref while the ball was in the process of being INT.

Those things have nothing to do with playing on an injured foot, those things are all effort based and frankly for $70 million I expect a little more effort than what I am seeing. I don't blame Jerry at all for telling Dez he needs the reps, even if the season is over.

There was no effort to catch that Cassel overthrow vs. the Eagles? That led to the knee issue, but no one wants to talk about that. Dez messed up yesterday, no doubt, but we are picking him apart when there are at least a dozen other players who are bringing NOTHING to the table. I love Sean Lee, but where is he? Give me Kueckly-- could have had him. Carr, let's not even go there. He's a free agent bust. He's famous for being posterized. At least Dez did something for Dallas before getting paid. I also love Romo, but he had a horrible game yesterday before he went down. Smith is having a below average season and he isn't injured. I expect a lot more from these big dollar players too. But, Dez has made himself an easy target, so he will have to absorb all the ills of the Cowboys when the Hardy excuse is not available (asthma) and the real issues continue to be ignored.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
If we don't resign RoMac I want Lee back at MLB. Something just isn't working out at WLB

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If we don't resign RoMac I want Lee back at MLB. Something just isn't working out at WLB

I don't know what happened to Lee but he is a shell of his former self. He gets run out of plays, he misses tackles, he just turned into a JAG.

Maybe all the injuries have caught up with him or something but he doesn't look anything like the Sean Lee of the past couple of seasons.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Many CBs are able to take Dez out of the game whatever the reason might be. That should not happen
I think we over rate Dez quite a bit

We do overrate him but more importantly, the coaching staff doesn't even know how to use him properly to get him more targets.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I don't know what happened to Lee but he is a shell of his former self. He gets run out of plays, he misses tackles, he just turned into a JAG.

Maybe all the injuries have caught up with him or something but he doesn't look anything like the Sean Lee of the past couple of seasons.

I've noticed the same thing with Lee. I think he is starting to look out for #1.