News: PFT: Josh Norman on Dez: Cowboys should get their $70 million back

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Dez clearly isn't 100 percent and it's messing with his head mentally you can tell SMH... However Norman is playing the best at his position in 2015

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
I would really like to know what was said other than the typical "disrespect." I mean, every WR talks trash during a game.

It sounds like such schoolyard drama- "I had my friends tell me he talked about me earlier in the day-and then they came running over and told me about it! WAWAWAWA."

Apart from Dez saying something graphic about his kids or his wife, its whatever. I want my star receiver talking trash-if that's what gets him going,then that's what gets him going.

I'm not going to sit here and criticize Dez because he trash talked a player on the opposing team-we are all grown men here-time to start acting like it.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Many CBs are able to take Dez out of the game whatever the reason might be. That should not happen
I think we over rate Dez quite a bit

you are right, I am not a huge fan of Dez and his "me first attitude," but he is probably the most naturally gifted WR in the NFL. But under Garrett and his offense, Dez will never realize his full potential. This offense doesn't get creative to utilize Dez to his full potential. Running straight up the sidelines on most every pass play is just plain dumb. If Dez played under a creative, west coast offensive coordinator, he'd be a monster.

Tommy

Reaction score
If they're not going to use him like any smart team would use their #1 WR after giving them a huge payday, then they should have let him walk. Jerry should force Garrett to study how other teams are getting the ball to their high priced WRs and tell him to incorporate what he finds instead of having Dez run antiquated, easy to cover routes. They way Dez is being used would be reason #1 for me to send Garrett packing. You can't have a talent like that, pay him that much money, and then let him be shutdown week after week because your offense is predictable and was figured out 15 years ago.

Are his routes different from last season? Because he had a pretty good year.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Are his routes different from last season? Because he had a pretty good year.

Last year opposing teams where stacking the box to stop the Cowboys hammer of a running game.

The running game this year, while statistically still pretty decent, does not put the fear of god into opposing defenses and that allows teams to play more nickle/dime/etc vs the Cowboys.

That affects the production of the WRs/TEs.

knightrider94

Reaction score
Last year opposing teams where stacking the box to stop the Cowboys hammer of a running game.

The running game this year, while statistically still pretty decent, does not put the fear of god into opposing defenses and that allows teams to play more nickle/dime/etc vs the Cowboys.

That affects the production of the WRs/TEs.

Basic football. And, I see no one hammering Witten about his production. Dez has more TDs than Witten and Witten hasn't missed a game. But again, the agenda isn't anti-Witten, so let's pretend he's had success with the qbs unlike everyone else. No one in the receiving core has had a good year.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If they're not going to use him like any smart team would use their #1 WR after giving them a huge payday, then they should have let him walk. Jerry should force Garrett to study how other teams are getting the ball to their high priced WRs and tell him to incorporate what he finds instead of having Dez run antiquated, easy to cover routes. They way Dez is being used would be reason #1 for me to send Garrett packing. You can't have a talent like that, pay him that much money, and then let him be shutdown week after week because your offense is predictable and was figured out 15 years ago.

LOL true , but JG has his system and playbook, and what you suggest isnt in the playbook so..........sorry.
Dez is a 13 mil a year diva/decoy/mouth.
He has the G money now so he no longer cares about winning and giving 100% effort.
He showed that on the int where he stopped and chatted with the db , and had he hustled he could have made the tackle at the 10, then maybe defense
holds them to fg.

When is the last time you saw dez make a tackle ?? I dont think he does tackles lol they dont pay him enough for that.
Dez fans say he isnt 100%, or his foot hurts, but that doesnt affect the drops he has had , and his foot seems fine.
The ball in the endzone hit him right in the hands and he drops it. (odell catches those with one hand !)
he has had at least 6 drops, which just shows that he doesnt really care or isnt trying.
He is showing who he really is now.
Add to that him celebrating with williams is what drew the penalty last game.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Dez had Norman beat by 4 yards for a would be TD if Romo completes the pass.

Norman didn't shut Dez down. Romo shut Dez down. Wake me up next year when Norman is still on the radar. His mouth will get him burned.

Cmac

Reaction score
Guy is damn good.

This year....he'll soon be a distractor to his own team. Book it....hype has him talking but the football gods have a way of humbling the chatterboxes. Dez has only been stopped by his own team.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Dez is a great WR, but we overrate him tremendously on this board.

He isn't better than Antonio Brown, Julio, Deandre Hopkins, and probably a few others.

These guys show up week in and week out and perform while Dez more often than he should, gets erased from games completely. A top tier WR should be able to make plays in other areas than the red zone. He's a good jump ball guy, but he isn't the world class, all-time great WR that some are proclaiming him to be.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score

He isn't better than Antonio Brown, Julio, Deandre Hopkins, and probably a few others.

These guys show up week in and week out and perform while Dez more often than he should, gets erased from games completely. A top tier WR should be able to make plays in other areas than the red zone. He's a good jump ball guy, but he isn't the world class, all-time great WR that some are proclaiming him to be.

You dont watch those guys every week clearly. But keep talking

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
You dont watch those guys every week clearly. But keep talking

Okay. AB had a few sub-par games with Vick at QB. Other than that, you can't say that these guys haven't contributed each week.

Perfectly healthy Dez got shut down by the Giants before he was injured. When he came back, Sherman abused him. In fact, the only game he was able to break 100 yards in was against Philly and we've just seen the quality of their secondary in back to back weeks.

A great WR like Dez supposedly is, should be able to step up and make plays. Instead, he mentally checks out, throws tantrums, and even worse...spends his time yapping with a defending CB instead of trying to make a tackle on a pick-six. Dude's got rocks for brains and he doesn't deserve that big contract that he got this off-season.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Okay. AB had a few sub-par games with Vick at QB. Other than that, you can't say that these guys haven't contributed each week.

Perfectly healthy Dez got shut down by the Giants before he was injured. When he came back, Sherman abused him. In fact, the only game he was able to break 100 yards in was against Philly and we've just seen the quality of their secondary in back to back weeks.

A great WR like Dez supposedly is, should be able to step up and make plays. Instead, he mentally checks out, throws tantrums, and even worse...spends his time yapping with a defending CB instead of trying to make a tackle on a pick-six. Dude's got rocks for brains and he doesn't deserve that big contract that he got this off-season.

Again, you dont watch games. Pay attention to Brown today and how he is used.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

Dude, you are oblivious. Dez has been injured and our starting QB as well. Forget that he lead the league in TDs last year and broke the franchise single season TD record--you know, touchdowns, those things that give you points and actually win games.

Cmac

Reaction score
I stand by Dez....much like I did for TO. When we want players without passion and brashness....then we might make 1-15 again. There ain't one good team without someone mouthing off on the field. Not one.

People questioned Cam with the towel over his head and over analyzed his body language when they were losing. The same will happen with Norman. Dez ain't been shut down by no one other than his own team.

The Texas School for the Blind knows that too.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score

Nobody is better than brown. He's on a level by himself. I love Dez but he's the easiest top wr to shut down apparently.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

Dez was never in football shape when the season started. This was going to be a wasted season when he held out so long.