Poll: What do you do with Dak if you're the GM of the Cowboys?

Poll: What road do you prefer for Dak's future with the Cowboys?

• Extend

• Post June 1st cut.

• Let him play out his last year of his contract to prove it or lose it..

Results are only viewable after voting.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Resign on a 2 or 3 deal, but rework the contract to not have a no trade clause that way if he stinks it up again we can trade him.
I would accept this outcome.

The team is in a rock and a hard place.

In two weeks you have to:

1. Make a decision on whether the team actually has a chance to improve beyond just a division title with Dak.

If the answer is yes, then:

2. You have to have him sign a contract that give resources back to the team to load up for #1, but have an escape clause for everyone.

Dak and his agent has to be sensible. If things don't work out for the fourth year it is time for everyone to find new water to swim in. Dak will end up being a pariah if there is another disappointing result with this team, regardless of whether it is his fault or not.

They need to be realistic and sensible here and give both parties an out from the next arrangement.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I sort of agree....Dak hitting the open market would be a very good thing for him, however it might not be a great thing for him this season. If he's a post June 1 cut are teams going to have the cap space for him in 2024? I'm sure some team would be motivated to make it work, but there wouldn't be nearly as many teams in the running that late in the offseason. From that standpoint there might be some motivation to accept a trade a small group of teams he would approve.
I just dont see the 15 or so teams looking for a QB passing this up..again i know fans here need a change but NFL GM's on the hot seat are goona pay huge money for Dak as a QB..list the starting QB's in this league right now.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I just dont see the 15 or so teams looking for a QB passing this up..again i know fans here need a change but NFL GM's on the hot seat are goona pay huge money for Dak as a QB..list the starting QB's in this league right now.
As of today I would agree with you, but I'm not sure there are actually 15 teams in the QB market this year, and that number will go down significantly after the draft.

Washington, Tampa, Pittsburgh, New England, Atlanta, Minnesota, LA, Denver, Chicago...Is anyone else really looking at QBs this year? Maybe a team like the Giants could be inplay but would they have the resources to move on from Daniel Jones already and sign another big name QB? 9 teams by my count and you have at least 3 guys in the draft likely to be a day 1 starter. Cousins, Mayfield, Wilson, Fields all in play for these teams as well. By June you may only have a couple teams with their QB spot still up in the air and it comes down to do they have the cap space to make it work that late in the offseason. It might actually be easier for Dak to negotiate with these teams as a trade candidate than waiting than hitting free agency in June.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
As of today I would agree with you, but I'm not sure there are actually 15 teams in the QB market this year, and that number will go down significantly after the draft.

Washington, Tampa, Pittsburgh, New England, Atlanta, Minnesota, LA, Denver, Chicago...Is anyone else really looking at QBs this year? Maybe a team like the Giants could be inplay but would they have the resources to move on from Daniel Jones already and sign another big name QB? 9 teams by my count and you have at least 3 guys in the draft likely to be a day 1 starter. Cousins, Mayfield, Wilson, Fields all in play for these teams as well. By June you may only have a couple teams with their QB spot still up in the air and it comes down to do they have the cap space to make it work that late in the offseason. It might actually be easier for Dak to negotiate with these teams as a trade candidate than waiting than hitting free agency in June.
even if its 6 thats a good amount for him in an open FA bid...all I'm saying is NFL GM's dont feel the same way about Dak as the fans..they can remove the "Cowboy way" and look at his play, i agree its time to move on..I dont agree he is a bad QB and that GM's see him as a "Loser"..not saying your saying that either i just see this post of "Threaten him with being cut!" and i dont think its the threat some posters think it is.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Dak should take 30 million a year. This team needs help in other positions. We can't improve if he is eating up 60 million.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak should take 30 million a year. This team needs help in other positions. We can't improve if he is eating up 60 million.
Every QB should see it this way, none do..then again whats happens when they do this and the GM doesnt use the money to make the team better..that also happens.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
At some point the Cowboys have to get serious about acquiring quarterbacks.

Start with a real GM then actually spend some draft capital and get one.
At some point the Cowboys have to get serious about acquiring quarterbacks.

Start with a real GM then actually spend some draft capital and get one.
It's been 30 something years since these clowns have drafted a quarterback high in the draft. I'm just trying to be realistic. They won't go after a qb. They like their guys. Unfortunately, it is the way it is.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
We are all pretty much aware by now of what choices the F/O has concerning the upcoming deadline of March 13th for Dak's possible extension.
You're the GM what would your choice be?
If I were the GM, the only extension Prescot could expect from me would be my right hand extended out towards him, wanting to thank him for his service while at the same time holding a fruit basket in my left hand as his parting gift.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If I were the GM, the only extension Prescot could expect from me would be my right hand extended out towards him, wanting to thank him for his service while at the same time holding a fruit basket in my left hand as his parting gift.
I'm done with you!!!!!! lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

starfan1

Reaction score
It's been 30 something years since these clowns have drafted a quarterback high in the draft. I'm just trying to be realistic. They won't go after a qb. They like their guys. Unfortunately, it is the way it is.
how many times have they been in the position to draft one high? I mean the year they drafted Zeke they were high enough to draft one (they had romo). Maybe the year they drafted claiborne they were high enough but I thought they traded up to get morris.. The year they drafted Greg ellis maybe? It takes alot of draft capital and it isnt like they have never tried to draft a QB. we make fun of Quincy but if not for his drug addiction he wasnt terrible. I think McGheee was a 4th rounder like Dak

The jones in drafting Qbs are much like they are in FA is they try to find value at walmart. The cowboys historically have found success in UDFA and I think thats a sword that cuts both ways. Yes it can be good finding late round success but you cant become to predictable with it

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Poll: What do you do with Dak if you're the GM of the Cowboys?​

I should have posted this same thing during team chemistry euphoria back in late October 2016. :)

:confused: