Possible running back ideas

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Maybe we lease him out for the rest of the season. Trade him to Detroit for a 1st. Then after the season they trade him back to us for a 3rd.

Could be a win-win. Doubt Detroit could resign Micah.

So they send us 2 number ones. We give them 1 back and a 3rd after the season is over.

I think they might be able to resign Micah, plus, pairing him with Aiden Hutchinson next season would be delicious for them. I think they go for it. Alternatively, the Ravens would probably love Parsons too, and we could get a load of picks for him too.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I would be looking to sell Parsons right now before the trade deadline but with a bad ankle and the season he’s having, not even he might get many takers at the price we want.

Right, but it depends on how we fare against SFO. The trade deadline is 5 November. We have time to deal him before the deadline. As I look at our schedule, our next likely winnable game after this might be Philly a week after the deadline (our next opponent after SF is Atlanta). So, if we lose to SFO, maybe we then sell him. Plus, between that game and Atlanta, it'll give us a good chance to shop what we need to shop. Plus, there's bound to be teams that will have needs over the next two weeks.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Right, but it depends on how we fare against SFO. The trade deadline is 5 November. We have time to deal him before the deadline. As I look at our schedule, our next likely winnable game after this might be Philly a week after the deadline (our next opponent after SF is Atlanta). So, if we lose to SFO, maybe we then sell him. Plus, between that game and Atlanta, it'll give us a good chance to shop what we need to shop. Plus, there's bound to be teams that will have needs over the next two weeks.
I’m not even sure Philly is a winnable game the way Saquon Barkley is running the ball this year. If he’s still healthy by the time we play them, he’s going to be a real problem. Who knows, some team may call and make us an offer we can’t refuse for Parsons. If someone were to offer us four picks, including two first round picks, which is what the Raiders traded Khalil Mack for, the Joneses might bite, Not sure anyone would trade that much for Parsons with the season he’s having and coming off a high angle sprain.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I’m not even sure Philly is a winnable game the way Saquon Barkley is running the ball this year. If he’s still healthy by the time we play them, he’s going to be a real problem. Who knows, some team may call and make us an offer we can’t refuse for Parsons. If someone were to offer us four picks, including two first round picks, which is what the Raiders traded Khalil Mack for, the Joneses might bite, Not sure anyone would trade that much for Parsons with the season he’s having and coming off a high angle sprain.

That's a good point. My point is more, after Philly, the next winnable games are probably the Giants and Panthers unless we can get our run game fixed.

I think San Francisco is probably our most pivotal game this season atm. We are 3-3 coming off a bye, and we are two weeks from the deadline. I think if we lose this and fall to 3-4 with the remaining schedule, then it's probably time to pull the plug. I stated before the Lions game a few weeks ago that we had to split the Lions and 49ers games. If we lose the 49ers, then I think the likelihood of winning enough games to make the playoffs is significantly reduced. I would argue, assuming we lose to San Francisco, that the team would be better served to try to get the best draft picks possible and load up on draft picks. A little over a week from the deadline should be sufficient time to do that, especially for the likes of Parsons and DLaw.

I think, at that point, we should load up on picks and try again next year.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That's a good point. My point is more, after Philly, the next winnable games are probably the Giants and Panthers unless we can get our run game fixed.

I think San Francisco is probably our most pivotal game this season atm. We are 3-3 coming off a bye, and we are two weeks from the deadline. I think if we lose this and fall to 3-4 with the remaining schedule, then it's probably time to pull the plug. I stated before the Lions game a few weeks ago that we had to split the Lions and 49ers games. If we lose the 49ers, then I think the likelihood of winning enough games to make the playoffs is significantly reduced. I would argue, assuming we lose to San Francisco, that the team would be better served to try to get the best draft picks possible and load up on draft picks. A little over a week from the deadline should be sufficient time to do that, especially for the likes of Parsons and DLaw.

Does it really matter???

What is the end goal here???

Are we trying to hang out at the rim???

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s done very little this year and he’s on the final year of his deal. It would be silly to trade him now and just give up on the rest of the season. That’s sending a bad message to the team to just lay down and fold the rest of the way. Even though the remainder of the season doesn’t look very promising we’re still in the race. If we get blown out by San Francisco, then we could start talking about moving on from guys like Cooks but McCarthy is battling for his coaching job as is the rest of the staff. If we were to start throwing in the towel and trading away players, it’s pretty much adios for him and the rest of his coaching staff. Jerry still has to get butts in the seats on game day and if we decide to pack it in before the halfway point of the season, the fans could stay away.
If we lay down and fold from a trade....then no wonder we're where we are at now. That some soft cookies there.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

The 49er game is a make or break game for us in my opinion. I thought after we upset the Steelers that might start to get us going, but to follow that game up with a complete embarrassment at home was very troubling. It’s just another red flag that the Cowboys don’t have a good team. Right now the 49ers are in worst shape than we are. They’re one game under 500 and if they lose on Sunday night, they run the risk of missing the playoffs after going to the Super Bowl the previous season. They’re going to be desperate but they have to feel real confident against us. They have our number and know if they get physical with us we’ll likely fold. This is a huge game for both teams if they want to have any chance this season.

rambo2

Reaction score
I think they might be able to resign Micah, plus, pairing him with Aiden Hutchinson next season would be delicious for them. I think they go for it. Alternatively, the Ravens would probably love Parsons too, and we could get a load of picks for him too.
Packers and Vikings would be interested in Micah too.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The 49er game is a make or break game for us in my opinion. I thought after we upset the Steelers that might start to get us going, but to follow that game up with a complete embarrassment at home was very troubling. It’s just another red flag that the Cowboys don’t have a good team. Right now the 49ers are in worst shape than we are. They’re one game under 500 and if they lose on Sunday night, they run the risk of missing the playoffs after going to the Super Bowl the previous season. They’re going to be desperate but they have to feel real confident against us. They have our number and know if they get physical with us we’ll likely fold. This is a huge game for both teams if they want to have any chance this season.

To me, it has to be. If we win that, then we go for one of the backs I listed and try to pull a trade for a LG so we can move Guyton to RT. If we lose, then it's firesale time and time to tank. It's really that simple to me.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Packers and Vikings would be interested in Micah too.

And same goes for the likes of Pittsburgh, Chicago (who I think will make the playoffs), Tampa, and many other teams. We really hold a lot of cards to make a mid season sale of Micah. Even with how he's playing this season, if we play our cards right, Jerry should be able to get a minimum of 2 firsts for him. I also would try to deal the likes of DLaw, Steele (someone will want an olineman in a trade), Cooks (there are WR hungry teams out there), and anyone else we can try to deal. Get as many draft picks as possible (especially since we don't do anything in FA).

JustChip

Reaction score
Perhaps, but signing some backs from the practice squads is a possibility too. That's why I threw in a few practice squad players. You can sign players from other teams' practice squads without giving up a draft pick.
So, who gets dropped from the active roster to poach another team’s PS? Makes sense it would be a RB. Zeke? Puleeeze, Jerry and Dak ain’t doing that. Leupke? Maybe, but highly unlikely. Dowdle? Nope, he’s the best of what we have?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
So, who gets dropped from the active roster to poach another team’s PS? Makes sense it would be a RB. Zeke? Puleeeze, Jerry and Dak ain’t doing that. Leupke? Maybe, but highly unlikely. Dowdle? Nope, he’s the best of what we have?

I would say at least Vaughn. He's on the 53, and he might need time on the PS. Nice story, but this is the NFL.