Prediction: Dak-friendly offensive changes

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
He was such a deer in the headlights when he was actually in control with all the run-pass options when his concepts were actually implemented on offense without the buffoon Garrett as OC, that he was basically perfect in sub-zero temperatures in Lambeau against an undefeated at-home Green Bay..

Keep trying..
He was near perfect and in typical Romo fashion still managed to screw up by fumbling a critical 3rd down snap and taking stupid sacks because he never learned to throw the ball away. Then the weakling kept getting snapped in half like Parcells told him he was going to do, but Romo has to play hero and choke when it matters most. Sure he can lead comebacks against losing teams but good teams knew he was predictable

khiladi

Reaction score
He was near perfect and in typical Romo fashion still managed to screw up by fumbling a critical 3rd down snap and taking stupid sacks because he never learned to throw the ball away. Then the weakling kept getting snapped in half like Parcells told him he was going to do, but Romo has to play hero and choke when it matters most. Sure he can lead comebacks against losing teams but good teams knew he was predictable

Oh ok.. a 143.6 passer rating is deer inthe headloghts and 15/19 with no INTs is his fault in sub-zero temperatures..

So Murray fumbling on a play fake to the left, on a beautiful run option called by Romo cresting a wide open hole on the right must also have been his fault..

So predictable that Romo’s first year with Linehan and Garrett out the equation they totally changed their offense to heavy running built off the zone scheme of Callahan. Ok..

How many INTs did Orton throw with Garrett as OC in a game for the playoffs? Of that’s right.. two

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Oh ok.. a 143.6 passer rating is deer inthe headloghts and 15/19 with no INTs is his fault..

So Murray fumbling on a play fake to the left, on a beautiful run option called by Romo on a wide open joke must also have been his fault..

4th down play to Dez never happens if dummy flips the ball out of bounds on 2nd down instead of taking a sack and risking turnover. GB probably doesn’t kick field goal at end of half if dummy can hold onto the snap on 3rd down instead of creating a busted play. But we shouldn’t be surprised Romo dropped a snap.

khiladi

Reaction score
4th down play to Dez never happens if dummy flips the ball out of bounds on 2nd down instead of taking a sack and risking turnover. GB probably doesn’t kick field goal at end of half if dummy can hold onto the snap on 3rd down instead of creating a busted play. But we shouldn’t be surprised Romo dropped a snap.

And yet it was a catch.. on a perfect throw..

and it wouldn’t have happened if Murray didn’t fumble on a beautiful run option called by Romo that created a wide open hole..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And yet it was a catch.. on a perfect throw..

and it wouldn’t have happened if Murray didn’t fumble..
Always some excuse for the loser. Winners win. He needed a team to carry him and overcome his mistakes. We wasted a decade on him. We needed him to stay in Cabo.

khiladi

Reaction score
Always some excuse for the loser. Winners win. He needed a team to carry him and overcome his mistakes. We wasted a decade on him. We needed him to stay in Cabo.

What’s hilarious is these ‘political correct’ excuses for Dak’s garbage play..

every excuse about coaching and OL is used for Dak.. but these excuses in reality don’t exist for Dak, but they did for Romo..

All pro line an actual OC.. real second WRs..

So does Dak now suck like Romo or is he working with the same conditions Romo was? Make up your mind..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
What’s hilarious is these ‘political correct’ excuses for Dak’s garbage play..

every excuse about coaching and OL is used for Dak, but was never applied to Romo.. but these excuses in reality don’t exist for Dak, but they did for Romo..

All pro line an actual OC.. real second WRs..
I don’t excuse Dak. He sucked. I just said he needs the same thing Romo needed.

You’re dancing trying to defend his honor because he didn’t win. Was he not good enough? He was a stud, right? Why couldn’t he win?

khiladi

Reaction score
I don’t excuse Dak. He sucked. I just said he needs the same thing Romo needed.

You’re dancing trying to defend his honor because he didn’t win. Was he not good enough? He was a stud, right? Why couldn’t he win?

Dak has an all pro line and OC.. clearly he needs more

khiladi

Reaction score
You’re right and clearly Romo did too. LOL

Of course, which is why he was robbed in lambeau when he did. It was because of him the offense finally went in that direction. Fredrick was picked because of him.

Before that he didn’t.

So make up your mind... either Romo sucked if he needed to be surrounded by a run game and OL and that’s the reason he lose, or he never had it until recently..

Dak on the other hand has always had it and he was awful last year when teams figured him out despite having it. And the OC has to dumb down that offense for him last year during the season.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Of course, which is why he was robbed in lambeau when he did. It was because of him the offense finally went in that direction. Fredrick was picked because of him.

Before that he didn’t.

So make up your mind... either Romo sucked if he needed to be surrounded by a run game and OL and that’s the reason he lose, or he never had it until recently..

Dak on the other hand has always had it and he was awful last year when teams figured him out despite having it. And the OC has to dumb down that offense for him last year during the season.

OC should have dumbed down the offense earlier. Romo, hand the ball off to Murray. We would have been more successful. Just like Dak handing off to Zeke.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Because when you roll out, you limit yourself to half the field and your options. They also, in the empty sets, spread the WRs farther out with Dak in shotgun just to try and make it easier for him to keep everything in front of him.

Dak has to be a pocket QB.. OCs can only do so much..

you dont limit yourself when there is a counter play with the rb going in the other direction.
once the d sees that, they know they cannot overcommit on that either.
the beauty of competent coaches designing plays instead of our coaches.
just copy what the rams and chiefs developed last year.
we should have used those plays last year.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I really like the way you think and have so eloquently stated in this OP. I think it has merit. I want to buy into it. I truly do.

But in ALL SERIOUSNESS, you already have to assume two things:

1. Slow as molasses Witten is going to be short of the sticks ( but he will catch the ball).

And

2. Dez is probably going to run the same two routes and drop the ball about 1/3 of his catchable passes.

So that leaves the other receivers to do something different. I think they can --and will.

But wouldn't it make more sense (since it appears we are keeping Witten) and go with the same old, same old there----- to cut Dez and get another receiver who will run a route?

thanks.
i think rpo sets will be used more.
since dak is already talking about these new plays, i am sure the coaches are considering them and probaly putting them into the playbook.
unbelievable that they did not have multiple options from various formations and for dak's rollouts.
simply pathetic coaching and crappy scheme.

dallasdave

Reaction score
you dont limit yourself when there is a counter play with the rb going in the other direction.
once the d sees that, they know they cannot overcommit on that either.
the beauty of competent coaches designing plays instead of our coaches.
just copy what the rams and chiefs developed last year.
we should have used those plays last year.
Putty never limits himself.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Dak Friendly" means he isn't good enough to produce unless he has perfect conditions around him... Not a franchise QB.

Get him the "HULK" for the offline and the "Flash" at Wr and Superman at Te and he will still need 7 seconds to finally decide where to throw the ball if he doesn't get sacked in the meantime ....or he will dink or dunk it ....whens its 3rd and 7 + Dak is at his worse....

waldoputty

Reaction score
yea, so one benefit of a run-heavy rpo scheme would be the defense defending the run in a dime type package. i got to think at least 1 db gets run over once per play. if zeke and the ol run such a play 20 times a game, the defense may literally run out of dbs to tackle zeke.