Prescott and Cooper named to Pro Bowl

CPanther95

Reaction score
Injury replacement Pro Bowls shouldn't count in contract negotiations. Only all pro teams should count in contract negotiations.

Yeah, don't really get the replacements being considered "Pro Bowlers". They are fill in players for the actual game that is meaningless. One year the AFC made it all the way down to QB #8 because so many backed out. All Pro is the only really meaningful designation.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My bad. Let me clarify. The six originally listed where the 6 cowboys that were asked to the probowl prior to the announcement that Dak and Cooper were also going.

So if those six where still going and then you add Dak and Cooper that would make 8. I should have been clearer

Very recently Martin and Smith declined their invitations
Don't worry about it. Some of us figured it out pretty easily. :grin:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I guess this confirms Dak makes his vacation plans a little later than the average QB...

The only negative is that years in the future Dak slobberers will call 2018 a "Pro Bowl" year for Dak with all of the context of Dak being a way down the list replacement being long gone.
*Asterisk time

Ken

Reaction score
I guess this confirms Dak makes his vacation plans a little later than the average QB...

The only negative is that years in the future Dak slobberers will call 2018 a "Pro Bowl" year for Dak with all of the context of Dak being a way down the list replacement being long gone.
Dak Prescott- 2 time pro bowler.

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
nobody in their right mind :) and then you have our fan base.
Should fans of a team not be happy players from their team makes the pro bowl? Does it necessarily mean they are crazy? I'm sure the rational was the 8 and 1 stretch with Cooper. A lot of people seemed to think Cooper somehow was throwing to ball to himself. :) I believe that he was the leading receiver in the league over that time frame. The fact there seemed to be instant chemistry was pretty interesting. Not only did he get the yards but it translated into victories. What struck me was Romo had a knack for bringing out the best in a whole host of receives. From all time greats to middling guys who went elsewhere and fell off the map. In this way Dak seemed to really shine.

Ken

Reaction score
Should fans of a team not be happy players from their team makes the pro bowl? Does it necessarily mean they are crazy? I'm sure the rational was the 8 and 1 stretch with Cooper. A lot of people seemed to think Cooper somehow was throwing to ball to himself. :) I believe that he was the leading receiver in the league over that time frame. The fact there seemed to be instant chemistry was pretty interesting. Not only did he get the yards but it translated into victories. What struck me was Romo had a knack for bringing out the best in a whole host of receives. From all time greats to middling guys who went elsewhere and fell off the map. In this way Dak seemed to really shine.
I think his top 10 qb perormance the last half of the year certainly is not triivial.

Also...i know Dak is handicapped and can't use the rushing tds on this site but in the real world they count.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
It is no disrespect to Dak, it's just that he's not really a Pro-bowler. The Pro Bowl QBs are usually a pretty simple formula: pick the QBs from the division winners. None of the original three QBs from the NFC are playing for various reasons (Rodgers inexplicably and Goff and Brees). Russell Wilson was the first guy they went to when Rodgers pulled out. And when Brees and Goff weren't going to play, they went and got the other two division winners in Trubisky and Dak. Years from now some one will say Dak was a Pro-Bowler but if three guys have to bail for you to become one, you're not one.
I was actually surprised to see how many times Witten was an alternate. It's strange that they get Pro-Bowl designation for being an alternate because things are used in contract negotiations and even for determining Hall of Fame status.

Mr_437

Reaction score
JG got his guys in since he's coaching.

Wasn't nobody even thinking about Dak being a Pro Bowler.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Rough day around here for people who think both Kellen Moore and Dak Prescott are bad at their jobs.

If I didn’t know better, I’d think we sometimes see consensus around here regarding things that aren’t exactly true.

Prescott's second half of 2018 revival into a top 10-15 QB again was real.

JGRXXN

Reaction score

Dak 2 Pro Bowls in three years and y'all still b... nvm lol

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yep. He played a lot better.

If we'd protected him like we did in 2016, I think he's pretty much the same player. We need to get him more weapons, though.

I'm very interested in how the receiver's group fills out...and develops. Two years to 'completion?'