Purdy Has 2 NFCCGs in 2 Years

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The funny thing is, in the playoffs the 49ers are to the Packers what the Packers are to the Cowboys. A hurdle they cannot overcome.

I am already seeing Jordan Love choke memes from angry Green Bay fans. Can't make this stuff up.
Love didn’t have a good game
Last int was terrible

perrykemp

Reaction score
Love didn’t have a good game
Last int was terrible
Ultimately he looked like a 1st year starter there in the 4th quarter and made a dumb rookie (although he isn’t a rookie) mistake and threw a terrible across his body/field pass.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That’s right….Mr Irrelevant. I said last year that he played better than Dak in every statistical category while facing a higher pressure rate and that we should take of it, and got absolutely crucified as a Dak hater. But here he is again, beating the team that ate our lunch and basking in football glory, probably going to a SB.

If you believe it’s not Purdy but his team, then we can’t keep Dak bc we need to build a team like that and can’t do that with Daks contract. If you believe Purdy is better than Dak than obviously you need to drop him and get more QBs, bc if Purdy is better, Dak ain’t top 10 anymore.

Either way, an organization that really wants to win stops chasing losses and makes the hard choice to look to the future instead of dragging this team to more years of underperforming
If you actually think that Brock Purdy is the driving force behind the 49ers making two NFCCG appearances in a row, I don’t know what to tell you.

The team he is surrounded with makes SF likely to win any game, even those where Purdy plays below average like last night.

Dallas could have had the same approach in the 4 seasons where Dak was on his rookie deal, but our front office was to cowardly to go for it.

Reaction score
Ultimately he looked like a 1st year starter there in the 4th quarter and made a dumb rookie (although he isn’t a rookie) mistake and threw a terrible across his body/field pass.
Dak just throws straight to the defenders. 9 year veteran player. 40+ million dollar man.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Good point.......but to shake the trees......Purdy has more than Dak & Romo combined. We have more issues that require correction than just the QB. Purdy was "saved" against GB.
Agree. I also think there’s something to the pressure of quarterbacking the Cowboys that I’m not sure Purdy could handle.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Keep telling yourself that. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Purdy has had bad games...sure has. He also shined more often then not when his team needed him. Dak.....not so much.
I'm not sure why this is so hard for people. Hey guys, I agree Dak isn't the guy we need! It's not hard to admit.

Similarly, it's not hard to admit that Purdy has a significantly better team with significantly better coaching and a significantly better front office on his side!!! This is not a controversial statement. 10 out of 10 football fans would agree!! But the second anyone puts Daks name in a sentence here without immediately also saying 'hey i think Dak sux too!', people jump down your throat.

LysleE

Reaction score
I do think Purdy has the benefit of better coaching and a better scheme than Dak. Purdy also has a quicker release, reads defenses better and is more resilient than Dak.
Purdy didn’t have his sharpest game against GB and was without his top WR for the 2nd half of the game (imagine Dak without CD); but made the plays when it counted and lead his team to victory; this is something that Dak has yet been able to do after 8 years as a starting QB.
Purdy is not as physically talented as Dak, but he has the intangibles that make him a winner…he has proven that in the post-season…2 NFC Championships in two years.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
If you actually think that Brock Purdy is the driving force behind the 49ers making two NFCCG appearances in a row, I don’t know what to tell you.

The team he is surrounded with makes SF likely to win any game, even those where Purdy plays below average like last night.

Dallas could have had the same approach in the 4 seasons where Dak was on his rookie deal, but our front office was to cowardly to go for it.
How did San Fran look without Purdy?

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How did San Fran look without Purdy?
Really Good. Practically the same as now. They lost a SB and an NFCCG in 2 of the 3 years before he got there.

Purdy is a fine player, but it’s pretty obvious when you watch the games that the situation is extremely optimal. SF has done this with bums like Kaepernick and Garoppolo before Purdy (Purdy is better than both of them, but I just don’t see him as a special QB yet).

Last edited:

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
HE did not play particularly well yesterday but when the game was truly on the line he made plays
simple as that

Now the dak bots will whine and cry about dropped picks
BUT they never talk about all the dropped picks dak has had
just like all QBs

picks are dropped because DBs are there because they cannot catch well
if they could they would be WRs
You know what else happened? Defense got stops......

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
Really Good. Practically the same as now. They lost a SB and an NFCCG in 2 of the 3 years before he got there.

Purdy is a fine player, but it’s pretty obvious when you watch the games that the situation is extremely optimal. SF has done this with bums like Kaepernick and Garoppolo before Purdy (Purdy is better than both of them, but I just don’t see him as a special QB yet).
Exactly. SF is a very well run organization and their coaching is stellar. Can turn just about anything into a gem as evidenced by their success

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Purdy is already better than Dak was in year 2. It's still very early in his career, no reason to think he can't keep improving and get to a top level as an NFL QB. He's started less than 30 games in his career

He was not a top prospect/1st round QB but I'd much rather be in that situation with hopes that he can continue to develop and improve compared to running it back for a 9th year with a same QB who has peaked

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jimmy always used to say that a great QB is all about not just the great plays you make, but more so the stupid plays you don't make. And Dak has made some really stupid ones in the most critical times. I doubt Jimmy would want him as his QB, and Parcells even less.
Parcells also said that a QB is who he is after three years. He even had to bench Bledsoe for Romo, undrafted, because he saw enough of Bledsoe.