QB Stats Through Two Years

Hadenough

Reaction score
Yes and no. Sure it’s important to compare QB’s passing abilities.

That being said, Dak’s mobility and running ability is part of what makes him who he is, as a QB. If everything else were the same but Dak was a statue QB, then that would make a huge difference in evaluating him as a player and his value as a starter.

But as he is, Dak’s running ability is part of the package that he brings to the table as a player. It’s a positive aspect of his overall skill set. And it’s important to include that part of his skill set when evaluating his overall worth as a player.

While obviously throwing the ball is the most important part of a QB’s play. QB’s don’t just throw the football. Dak’s ball handling skills, his ability to effectively run play action/read options and run pass options is a strength of his and helps the team win football games. So it needs to be taken into consideration.
I get that. But as I told Dylan, when you get in the playoffs and you don't have that pure passer ability your in trouble when you play a good defense. Just like the Chargers and Broncos could cover and rush the QB it gave Dak fits.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I said his style of play, as far as TOs he didn't have a high rate they just happened at the worst times and were very memorable . He is the only guy I can think of where a player from a division rival goes to social media and blasts him as a choker or he makes his # 1 WR so ticked off that he leaves the game .

But yes you are right this happened at a low rate LOLOL
This guy is the stereotype of every Romo hating clown who stumbles on to this board.
“Romo sucks, he had tons of turnovers.”
“Actually he had very few turnovers”.
“Well they all came at the worst time.”
“He’s one of the highest rated 4th quarter/OT passers ever.”
... more goal post moving
“Well he’s not going into the HOF so there!”

I don’t know what’s dumber, this or Kurt Warner being elite because he had stepkids.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I like to look at things rationally too. Just because you disagree with people who do take playoffs further into account, doesn’t make them irrational.

Eli is kind of an abberation. I actually don’t think he should be in the HoF. However, I think a big part of that is because Eli has mediocre regular season stats, compared to his other HoF contemporaries.

I guess the reality is, there are many things factored into whether a player make the HoF. Some of them are quantifiable and some are not.
I tend to agree that Eli in the regular season has been mehhh. But when he gets in the playoffs can be dangerous. The rings will probably be the deciding factor. Heck his longevity has been amazing.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I know, right?

Troy and Emmitt were average at best and I’m not sure how Joe Montana got in the Hall of Fame.

If you were using it to define specifically how’d they be the next year after they retired, as we’re doing with Dak. This isn’t his eulogy, this is projecting for 2018.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Total Yards
Aaron Rodgers - 8,995
Peyton Manning - 8,009
Dak Prescott - 7,630
Carson Wentz - 7,534
Tony Romo - 7,345
Dan Marino - 7,332
Tom Brady - 6,780
Drew Brees - 5,627
Joe Montana - 5,532
Roger Staubach - 4,903
Troy Aikman - 4,789

Total TDs
Dan Marino - 71
Aaron Rodgers - 67
Dak Prescott - 57
Tony Romo - 57
Peyton Manning - 54
Carson Wentz - 51
Tom Brady - 48
Roger Staubach - 43
Joe Montana - 38
Drew Brees - 29
Troy Aikman - 21

Completion %
Dak Prescott - 65.2%
Tony Romo - 64.8%
Aaron Rodgers - 64.2%
Joe Montana - 64.0%
Tom Brady - 62.8%
Dan Marino - 62.2%
Carson Wentz - 61.5%
Roger Staubach - 61.4%
Drew Brees - 59.5%
Peyton Manning - 59.3%
Troy Aikman - 55.1%

Yards / Attempt
Roger Staubach - 8.7
Dan Marino - 8.5
Tony Romo - 8.3
Aaron Rodgers - 7.9
Dak Prescott - 7.4
Peyton Manning - 7.1
Joe Montana - 7.0
Carson Wentz - 6.8
Tom Brady - 6.5
Troy Aikman - 6.3
Drew Brees - 6.1

Interceptions
Dak Prescott - 17
Roger Staubach - 19
Aaron Rodgers - 20
Joe Montana - 21
Carson Wentz - 21
Dan Marino - 23
Tom Brady - 26
Drew Brees - 31
Tony Romo - 32
Troy Aikman - 36
Peyton Manning - 43

Passer Rating
Dan Marino - 104.5
Roger Staubach - 98.9
Aaron Rodgers - 98.5
Tony Romo - 96.5
Dak Prescott - 95.5
Carson Wentz - 88.8
Joe Montana - 88.2
Tom Brady - 86.0
Peyton Manning - 80.6
Drew Brees - 73.1
Troy Aikman - 62.0

W/L Record
Dan Marino - 21-4 (84%)
Roger Staubach - 20-4 (83%)
Tony Romo - 19-7 (73%)
Dak Prescott - 22-10 (69%)
Tom Brady - 22-10 (69%)
Joe Montana - 15-8 (65%)
Carson Wentz - 18-11 (62%)
Aaron Rodgers - 17-15 (53%)
Peyton Manning - 16-16 (50%)
Drew Brees - 10-17 (37%)
Troy Aikman - 7-19 (27%)

*sips tea* Mornin’.
Posters like u need to STOP!!! It doesn’t matter what any “stat” shows! Sarcasm***

Blackrain

Reaction score
This guy is the stereotype of every Romo hating clown who stumbles on to this board.

I don’t know what’s dumber, this or Kurt Warner being elite because he had stepkids.

Kurt Warner took on great responsibility and dedicated himself to being an Elite team player . 2 league MVP awards and a SB MVP prove this . Romo went Hollywood got chubby , vacationed and played the celebrity dating game . At the end of the day fair or not Warner will be on highlight reels Romo on NFL Bloopers . But your correct no HOF LOLOL

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I don't hate Romo at all I like him and watch all the games he announces . I like his insight into games and his knowledge . I think he is a class guy and has represented our franchise well .

That said I grew very tired of his style of play . I thought his sense of risk vs reward was lacking at the worst times . I also thought there were times he was not serious enough about football , his conditioning and didn't make the most of the opportunities he had which were not as many as there should have been .

Tony was a very good QB but he was not Elite . What I HATE is people trying to exaggerate his career and build him into legendary Status that he never attained . IMO Tony is Ring of Horror but not HOF . As time goes by we will see if my prediction is correct
These Romo loving dorks are just here to build up Romo and tear down Dak. Just ignore the idiots. They will never come to terms their hero couldn’t get the job done. Let them live in denial. When Romo gets passed over year after year for the HoF you can get an annual laugh as they whine about it.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Kurt Warner took on great responsibility and dedicated himself to being an Elite team player . 2 league MVP awards and a SB MVP prove this . Romo went Hollywood got chubby , vacationed and played the celebrity dating game . At the end of the day fair or not Warner will be on highlight reels Romo on NFL Bloopers . But your correct no HOF LOLOL
Yep, sounds equally absurd the second time... I’m sure you were a big hit on the more previously “challenged” board.

CODE_BLUE56

Reaction score
I tend to agree that Eli in the regular season has been mehhh. But when he gets in the playoffs can be dangerous. The rings will probably be the deciding factor. Heck his longevity has been amazing.
Eli deserves to be in. Two super bowls. 6th all-time in passing yards. 8th in passing TDs.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Kurt Warner was league MVP in 99 and 2001 also SB MVP but I guess they are more useless stats .

Kurt Warner married a girl he went to college with that had 2 children already one that was blind and brain damaged . He adopted them and took on a tremendous responsibility . his play and success reflected his commitment . Mean while Romos early years were spent trying to date every high profile celebrity he could find .

One guy had responsibility and was serious early in his career the other wasn't . One was successful when he had a good team around him the other wasn't . ( HINT) The one who put football above celebrity status was successful and is in the HOF
BOOM! ^^^^
:hammer:
Ibl0uBC.jpg

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
These Romo loving dorks are just here to build up Romo and tear down Dak. Just ignore the idiots. They will never come to terms their hero couldn’t get the job done. Let them live in denial. When Romo gets passed over year after year for the HoF you can get an annual laugh as they whine about it.
It's funny they'll ignore postseason accolades to bash Manning and hoist Romo, lol.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Total Yards
Aaron Rodgers - 8,995
Peyton Manning - 8,009
Dak Prescott - 7,630
Carson Wentz - 7,534
Tony Romo - 7,345
Dan Marino - 7,332
Tom Brady - 6,780
Drew Brees - 5,627
Joe Montana - 5,532
Roger Staubach - 4,903
Troy Aikman - 4,789

Total TDs
Dan Marino - 71
Aaron Rodgers - 67
Dak Prescott - 57
Tony Romo - 57
Peyton Manning - 54
Carson Wentz - 51
Tom Brady - 48
Roger Staubach - 43
Joe Montana - 38
Drew Brees - 29
Troy Aikman - 21

Completion %
Dak Prescott - 65.2%
Tony Romo - 64.8%
Aaron Rodgers - 64.2%
Joe Montana - 64.0%
Tom Brady - 62.8%
Dan Marino - 62.2%
Carson Wentz - 61.5%
Roger Staubach - 61.4%
Drew Brees - 59.5%
Peyton Manning - 59.3%
Troy Aikman - 55.1%

Yards / Attempt
Roger Staubach - 8.7
Dan Marino - 8.5
Tony Romo - 8.3
Aaron Rodgers - 7.9
Dak Prescott - 7.4
Peyton Manning - 7.1
Joe Montana - 7.0
Carson Wentz - 6.8
Tom Brady - 6.5
Troy Aikman - 6.3
Drew Brees - 6.1

Interceptions
Dak Prescott - 17
Roger Staubach - 19
Aaron Rodgers - 20
Joe Montana - 21
Carson Wentz - 21
Dan Marino - 23
Tom Brady - 26
Drew Brees - 31
Tony Romo - 32
Troy Aikman - 36
Peyton Manning - 43

Passer Rating
Dan Marino - 104.5
Roger Staubach - 98.9
Aaron Rodgers - 98.5
Tony Romo - 96.5
Dak Prescott - 95.5
Carson Wentz - 88.8
Joe Montana - 88.2
Tom Brady - 86.0
Peyton Manning - 80.6
Drew Brees - 73.1
Troy Aikman - 62.0

W/L Record
Dan Marino - 21-4 (84%)
Roger Staubach - 20-4 (83%)
Tony Romo - 19-7 (73%)
Dak Prescott - 22-10 (69%)
Tom Brady - 22-10 (69%)
Joe Montana - 15-8 (65%)
Carson Wentz - 18-11 (62%)
Aaron Rodgers - 17-15 (53%)
Peyton Manning - 16-16 (50%)
Drew Brees - 10-17 (37%)
Troy Aikman - 7-19 (27%)

*sips tea* Mornin’.
You Tony Romo was great..oh this was about the other guy lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
:thumbup:
Ibl0uBC.jpg

:flagwave:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I get that. But as I told Dylan, when you get in the playoffs and you don't have that pure passer ability your in trouble when you play a good defense. Just like the Chargers and Broncos could cover and rush the QB it gave Dak fits.
It didn't give Dak fits during the 2016 playoff game against the Packers, even though the Cowboys lost thanks to the officials helping the cheeseheads! Dak threw for over 300 yards, 3 TDs and brought the team back from being down 18 points halfway through the 2nd quarter to tying the game at 31 a piece with 39 seconds left in regulation. All things Romo never accomplished during the playoffs, yet many worship Romo but bash Dak?

Makes no sense.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
It didn't give Dak fits during the 2016 playoff game against the Packers, even though the Cowboys lost thanks to the officials helping the cheeseheads! Dak threw for over 300 yards, 3 TDs and brought the team back from being down 18 points halfway through the 2nd quarter to tying the game at 31 a piece with 39 seconds left in regulation. All things Romo never accomplished during the playoffs, yet many worship Romo but bash Dak?

Makes no sense.
Yes, let's pretend that Dak didn't play terribly while the Cowboys fell behind 21-3 despite getting the ball first, didn't throw a momentum-killing interception and stupidly stop the clock at the end of the game. He played a mediocre game at best and Elliott was the reason they came back, not Dak. All of the things Dak "accomplished" during the playoffs? Is that a joke? The only thing he's accomplished is a tie for the worst playoff winning percentage in NFL history: .000. Talk about making no sense.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

tgVUN20.jpg

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes, let's pretend that Dak didn't play terribly while the Cowboys fell behind 21-3 despite getting the ball first, didn't throw a momentum-killing interception and stupidly stop the clock at the end of the game. He played a mediocre game at best and Elliott was the reason they came back, not Dak. All of the things Dak "accomplished" during the playoffs? Is that a joke? The only thing he's accomplished is a tie for the worst playoff winning percentage in NFL history: .000. Talk about making no sense.
TcGWvIA.jpg
......NOT!
:laugh:

Hadenough

Reaction score

Makes no sense.
Yes Dak played well against the Packers.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'd say that's damn good for a 3rd string rookie. Even though you will literally say anything to bash Prescott.