"If" scenario - who gets cut?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
junk said:
I just made this same comment somewhere else in another thread.

I think people would rather be right about "their" guy than win games.

Darn...and here I thought I was not only being brilliant but original too. ;)

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
junk said:
I think people would rather be right about "their" guy than win games.

Well, if you've pegged me that way, you're mistaken. It's ALL about winning and having the team to do so ...

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
I put my team above any one player - always have.

And I've never understood why you wouldn't want someone to earn their spot on the team ...

The opposite side of the coin has a legitimate point as well. It's just that some people get their feelings hurt over it ... but rest assured, there is a point.

The ones that get so offended by it are the ones that see their hopes and agenda of a single player going south. And sometimes they forget to put the team ahead of their agenda or any single player. There's nothing offensive about discussing this though ... and there really is no need to get offended.

I'm not supporting one side or the other...I'm supporting the side that wants to see every guy do well...and the last thing I want to see is a player not earn his role...which is what I railed against last year when Parcells just kept giving "his" guys roster spots and playing time in spite of the fact that they might not have earned it...see, D Ward.

Now, you must admit with a sig pic like the one you have, you're certainly not presenting yourself as a person who is supporting that player.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Darn...and here I thought I was not only being brilliant but original too. ;)

Well, great minds think alike....you were obviously being brilliant.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
I'm not supporting one side or the other...I'm supporting the side that wants to see every guy do well...and the last thing I want to see is a player not earn his role...which is what I railed against last year when Parcells just kept giving "his" guys roster spots and playing time in spite of the fact that they might not have earned it...see, D Ward.

Not sure anyone could beat out any of "his guys" ...

Now, you must admit with a sig pic like the one you have, you're certainly not presenting yourself as a person who is supporting that player.

The sig pic is a humorous attempt to express my discontempt for all the blind homerism and baseless speculation that Henson is even in the same category as Aikman.

It's my way of saying, "slow down ... he can't even beat out Romo yet" ... who I think is a competitive guy and that people forget Parcells likes this guy.

I guess it's the other side of the extreme. I'm really not rooting against him, but I do want to keep things in perspective.

The sig was my way of balancing it out ... and those playing card sigs were going around. I had to get jump on that bandwagon ... I just happen to be a card player myself.

Really though, my thinking has always been more about the team than any player. If a player isn't good for your team from your perspective, why not be a little hard on him.

If anything, things like that should motivate Henson.

Besides, you've got to admit, it's a cool looking sig. :cool:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Not sure anyone could beat out any of "his guys" ...

The sig pic is a humorous attempt to express my discontempt for all the blind homerism and baseless speculation that Henson is even in the same category as Aikman.

It's my way of saying, "slow down ... he can't even beat out Romo yet" ... who I think is a competitive guy and that people forget Parcells likes this guy.

I guess it's the other side of the extreme. I'm really not rooting against him, but I do want to keep things in perspective.

The sig was my way of balancing it out ... and those playing card sigs were going around. I had to get jump on that bandwagon ... I just happen to be a card player myself.

Really though, my thinking has always been more about the team than any player. If a player isn't good for your team from your perspective, why not be a little hard on him.

If anything, things like that should motivate Henson.

So, you must have had a difficult time last year, choosing between your sig pics of Marcellus Wiley, Lynn Scott, Torrin Tucker, Andre Gurode, CB of the Week, etc.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
So, you must have had a difficult time last year, choosing between your sig pics of Marcellus Wiley, Lynn Scott, Torrin Tucker, Andre Gurode, CB of the Week, etc.

Does it offend you that much?

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Hostile said:
You're so transparent it's not funny. I find it sad that you root for any of our players to fail, but hey, it's a free country. You won't find me joining stupid agendas like that.

I want all 3 of our QBs to succeed and prosper. I've been firmly entrenched as a Henson hopeful, but you won't ever see me taking swipes at Tony Romo. What purpose does that serve? When some were bashing him for playing golf and trying to qualify for the US Open I stayed out of it. I'm not a Drew Bledsoe fan particularly but the news he is shining doesn't depress me, it thrills me. The idea of good QB play is too good for me to pass up.

Don't think I'm singling you out because I'm not. There's a large contingent of former debaters for a certain QB who all have the same agenda. Newsflash, Henson is no longer a threat to your candidate. Of course I realize that the reason most of you root for him to fail is that guys like me who were critical of your star are excited about Henson.

In other words, it really has nothing to do with the players, you've made it personal. Again, you're not alone, so don't feel singled out. But you can stop pretending that you're clever. This is nothing more than a new thread for you to spout BS about one of our players that you don't happen to like.

Like I said, it's a free country, so spout away. Just don't expect me to play like a fish and get hooked. I'm not stupid.

Out of morbid curiosity, what would you expect him to say? That there are no options if these guys fail? You can't be that naive.

If they haven't explored all options then they are stupider than this never ending song of yours. Of course they've discussed what options are open to them and not just at QB.

Let me put it this way so there is no room left for doubt. I don't care who they cut if they have to cut someone. I don't care who they send to the Practice Squad. I don't care who they bring in. I don't believe they will bring in anyone. I never have, and I never will. One statement in a Press Conference to answer a question does not equal a mindset.
:bow: :hammer:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Does it offend you that much?

Offend???

Huh?

I'm not offended in the least. I am simply pointing out that if you give a hard time to any player who isn't good for your team, I just don't recall the other sig pics. :D

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Offend???

Huh?

I'm not offended in the least. I am simply pointing out that if you give a hard time to any player who isn't good for your team, I just don't recall the other sig pics. :D

I'm glad you're not offended ... the clown one you made me was pretty cool ... it'd be a shame if you were offended by your own work. :D

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
BTW, how bout' Parcells' comments?

"I think I got to see what I got here. I told you what I got to do, give them plenty of reps and see how it will play out in the preseason and when that is done if something needs to be done, we'll do it."

I guess I can live with that ... going into camp seeing if these guys can at least drive the bus ... and if not, we'll do something else.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
I'm glad you're not offended ... the clown one you made me was pretty cool ... it'd be a shame if you were offended by your own work. :D

Oh, I'm often offended by my own work. :) especially the music.

Honest injun, I really don't have the proverbial horse in this race...just kinda shootin' the breeze and making an observation.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Oh, I'm often offended by my own work. :) especially the music.

Honest injun, I really don't have the proverbial horse in this race...just kinda shootin' the breeze and making an observation.

Eh ... my money is on Romo because he seems to be more of a football player/ golfer ... and not a football player/baseball player ... makes for a better combo.

:laugh2: