Rapoport: Zeke wants to be the highest-paid running back

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I’m coming to the realization that this might last awhile

I've always been a Zeke fan - before most people here even heard of him because Ohio State - but I'm not interested in having the highest paid running back in the NFL on the roster. The salary cap, in this era of football, makes such things cost-prohibitive.

Zeke has a case for his point of view, but the finances of the NFL make it a bad investment.

aria

Reaction score
He led the NFL in rushing and scored 16 TDs, which is way above the norm for a rookie. In other words, he earned it and it has nothing to do with 2019.
How many RB’s have been fortunate enough to run behind the best line in the league their first year?

If Jerry gives him 50 mil guaranteed and Zeke has a bad season, does Jerry get some of that money back? Zeke was paid extremely well for a rookie RB, especially with all the crap he brings off the field and this is how he does the team that supported him since day 1.

For once in my life I'm on Jerry’s side here but he brought it upon himself. This is why I never wanted to draft the egotistical punk diva bully in the first place. The red flags have been waving high since his college days and he’s only added more since we drafted him. This hold out really isn’t surprising at all, it just took some people longer than others to see what a d bag he is.

aria

Reaction score
Broken record, blowhard...nothing to see here.
Oh, you mean like the other 20 Zeke threads that you comment on hypocrite? I’m not sure if that comment was directed towards me or Zeke but you should take a good look in the mirror before you answer.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Zeke thinks he should be the top paid RB in the NFL. Jerry was not going to give it to him. Holding out, however painful to fans and the team, is the only way to force Jerry's hand. It's not the most fan friendly move, but you have to respect his willingness to do what it takes to get what he deserves. A lot of people would just take what the rich guy gives you. But Zeke knows that he is leaving millions of dollars on the table.

No, I don't have to respect his willingness to do what it takes to get a new contract. That's how we got here in the first place. Elliott knew it was going to draw negative attention to the organization including his teammates being forced to answer questions about Zeke not being with the team. Had he stayed with the team it would've made it easier to get what he wanted. But as you said, he forced Jerry's hand by bringing that negative attention so Jerry was forced to dig in or look like a pushover. I'd be willing to bet we wouldn't even be having this conversation had Zeke just stayed with the team because he would've been paid by now.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
That’s what Dez is wondering also.

Gurley got his deal with 2 left on his also. Wentz just got his deal with 2 years left on his.
Jaylon just got his deal after 3 years.

If Dez is wondering that, then Dez is not a smart man and doesn't understand what all that money he was paid in advance was for.

Jaylon, Gurley, and Wentz got deals that were mutually agreed to and didn't hold out. It's not as if the Cowboys haven't offered Zeke a new deal.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Oh, you mean like the other 20 Zeke threads that you comment on? I’m not sure if that comment was directed towards me or Zeke but you should take a good look in the mirror before you answer.

You have animosity towards someone you don't even know. You toss around "low life scumbag" every time you comment about Zeke like he's done something to you personally. How pathetic. :muttley:

I'm not in favor of the Cowboys making him the highest-paid RB, but it doesn't hurt my feelings that Zeke thinks he earned it. Get over it.

Gaede

Reaction score
No, I don't have to respect his willingness to do what it takes to get a new contract. That's how we got here in the first place. Elliott knew it was going to draw negative attention to the organization including his teammates being forced to answer questions about Zeke not being with the team. Had he stayed with the team it would've made it easier to get what he wanted. But as you said, he forced Jerry's hand by bringing that negative attention so Jerry was forced to dig in or look like a pushover. I'd be willing to bet we wouldn't even be having this conversation had Zeke just stayed with the team because he would've been paid by now.

Sure, he wouldve been paid what Jerry wanted to give him. But would you settle for millions less than you deserve to maintain appearances for the sake of the company that pays you?

aria

Reaction score
You have animosity towards someone you don't even know. You toss around "low life scumbag" every time you comment about Zeke like he's done something to you personally. How pathetic. :muttley:

I'm not in favor of the Cowboys making him the highest-paid RB, but it doesn't hurt my feelings that Zeke thinks he earned it. Get over it.
Lol, so? If you claim to not have animosity towards people you don’t know then you’re a liar. Do I really need to rattle off certain historical figures, celebrities and “classes” of people that are in prison for certain reasons to prove my point?

Take off the blinders homer. This guy thinks he’s bigger than the team and a few like yourself continue to support him blindly, that’s hilarious. I don’t care if he thinks he earned it either, it’s how he’s handling it. There’s a big difference but based on your previous posts I wouldn’t expect you to understand that.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Sure, he wouldve been paid what Jerry wanted to give him. But would you settle for millions less than you deserve to maintain appearances for the sake of the company that pays you?

You seem hell bent on the notion that he deserves it. Zeke is not that special. Good running backs are a dime-a-dozen and can be replaced.

So as to your question if I would take millions less? If i'm easily replaced, yes.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So Zeke is supposed to play out a jacked up contract when hes making 50 percent below TGurley and Bell?

Really?

You probably sound JUST like his agent. And that is probably the advice he is getting. Which is fine with me. The more bad advice he gets the longer this will drag out and the Cowboys will come to the conclusion that he just isn't worth the price.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
If they want to get this circus over...they tell him he needs to accept the offer by midnight tomorrow. If not, they will not offer him a dime more than his current contract, will not negotiate it ever and they are going to start fining him. And they need to mean it.

They have played too nice with him.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
They have offered him market value two years before they have to. He is the one being unreasonable...not sure how anyone sees it differently.

Dallas' history is that they are fair to players on deals. They are being more than fair here...and Zeke is being an unappreciative turd.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That’s what Dez is wondering also.

Gurley got his deal with 2 left on his also. Wentz just got his deal with 2 years left on his.
Jaylon just got his deal after 3 years.

Gurley was a huge mistake, that is already obvious. He also wasn't a off the field problem. A true leader and model citizen.

Wentz is a QB and if he stays healthy, that was a great signing. Dak is holding out for much more it seems.

Jaylon was an unbelievable deal for the Cowboys but also great for Jaylon. Smith is a true leader and model citizen.

So many of you Zeke guys miss two huge issues.

1. He is a serious off the field risk and is NOT a leader on this team. Sets bad examples in how he handles himself and handling this holdout.

2. He plays the RB position which is one of the least important position in the NFL. If you pay 1 RB huge money it could be a big mistake in team building.

For whatever reason it seems that many Zeke guys are anti Dak guys. Which actually makes a little more sense. If you truly believe Dak isn't the guy then it makes sense you would think that you would need a Zeke.

Personally I like Dak and where he is going. I think a Zeke is less and less important now.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
How many RB’s have been fortunate enough to run behind the best line in the league their first year?

If Jerry gives him 50 mil guaranteed and Zeke has a bad season, does Jerry get some of that money back? Zeke was paid extremely well for a rookie RB, especially with all the crap he brings off the field and this is how he does the team that supported him since day 1.

For once in my life I'm on Jerry’s side here but he brought it upon himself. This is why I never wanted to draft the egotistical punk diva bully in the first place. The red flags have been waving high since his college days and he’s only added more since we drafted him. This hold out really isn’t surprising at all, it just took some people longer than others to see what a d bag he is.

I was gonna say...

Sorry but, a new contract is not for what you've done for me, but rather what I am EXPECTING from you in the future! That's just how it works.

People want to talk about 2016 all the time. Well look, he was great. Since then he's gotten fatter and slower (am I wrong? Look at his ypc numbers). Not to mention he went from 15 TDs in '16 to 13 TDs in 2017-18 COMBINED. Meanwhile a beat up Gurley has put up 30 TDs in the last two seasons.

Some of that is the suspension, but shouldn't that and his overall off the field, "suspension waiting to happen" behavior be taken into account for FUTURE contract negotiations?

Again, somebody, anybody, convince me why Zeke deserves more $$ than Gurley. If you can, can I have your # for when I need a lawyer someday?