Rate Dak's Performance

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
So every QB that is being paid more than TB was, has to play better than him. Wow, better beef up that GOAT trophy because it is going to get dropped a lot.
YES!!!!!

When you demand all time money it is logical to expect all time results.

HOW FRIGGIN HARD IS IT UNDERSTAND THIS FACT?

Redline360

Reaction score
Defense was atrocious however the offense and Dak did absolutely nothing to help.

Dak is not the quarterback to go toe to toe in a shoot out. He comfortably plays well when up.

As atrocious as the defense was both sides of the ball can change momentum in a heartbeat regardless of the team. But offense never does in Dallas

DallasInDC

Reaction score
....the highest paid QB and WR in the league couldn't keep up with Carr.
see the fallacy in this statement is it presumes that Carr went up against a reasonable NFL level defense...very few defenses in history give up 6 straight TDs (TDs every 6 plays) and only created three 3rd downs in the first half, zero of which they stopped.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Oops sounds like I struck a nerve.

Okay Dak was average today. Playcalling looked too conservative early. Had two picks but both came after the game was already lost.

Hope y'all feel better now.
You struck no nerve. I said that because I knew you would respond exactly the way you did, which was to attempt to misdirect to me rather than on Dak's crap performance.

pete026

Reaction score
YES!!!!!

When you demand all time money it is logical to expect all time results.

HOW FRIGGIN HARD IS IT UNDERSTAND THIS FACT?
You obviously know little about the present QB market. Like I mentioned to another poster, if you expect Tom Brady performance out of every QB that gets to the top of QB money, you are going to be sadly disappointed. Quit watching NFL Football if that is your expectation.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
You struck no nerve. I said that because I knew you would respond exactly the way you did, which was to attempt to misdirect to me rather than on Dak's crap performance.
I agree Dak had a sub-par game, my earlier post simply pointed out that he was not the reason they lost the game. Then I was told to "get out" because I didn't go all-in on the crap on Dak party.

I will say this though- Dak always seems to play at the level the rest of the team does. When things go great, he looks great. When the rest of the team is bad, he's right down there with them.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak has to engineer some drives and make some amazing plays. It's just how it works for a highly rated QB.

He has to figure it out and have the skills...mentally and phsycially...to help stop the bleeding. No other single player has as much opportunity.

We see it over and over...QB making plays...with the help of his team of course but it STARTS with the QB.

Did Dak do that?
No. Dak really doesn't make the other offensive weapons better. Been like this his whole career. He's not trash but why pay a guy the highest amount ever who can't do that?

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
As much as I dislike Dak & his shiny new contract this game was the fault of the defense.
There will be other opportunities to bash Dak.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
os
Plays that get wrs open? Watch any good offense and they design their players to get open. Dallas constantly designs throws into contested plays.
The problem is you can't just scheme players open like its magic. You have to do it one of two ways...

One is you have the playmakers on the team to dictate what the defense can call. The Cowboys have a pretty average at best #2 receiver so it's only Lamb who is dictating any sort of coverage. Other teams with a legitimate number 1 are still throwing high picks at the WR position for a reason. The Cowboys also went cheap at RB. Teams can pretty much bracket Lamb and play everything else pretty straight up without a huge fear of either giving up a big play to a WR or getting gashed in the run game. The one area the Cowboys have had some success scheming open is the TE, but those are typically smaller gains. You can see where they tried to get Turpin open in space today, but its really hard to do because hes simply not much of a threat as a receiver despite his speed.

The other way to do it is to stay ahead of the chains. If you can get some 6-9 yard gains on 1st down you're likely to get some favorable 2nd down coverages that can be exploited. When you take both 1st and 2nd down to get that yardage you're likely to see tight man coverage on 3rd down, or if you do get a zone look you better believe extra pressure is coming so you dont have to for those plays to develop to scheme a player open. In my eyes this is why it was so disheartening to see the Cowboys not go for a better player at RB this offseason. They have some decent role player RBs but they certainly dont have a well rounded back like Kamara we saw today that can keep a defense honest. I think the Cowboys are plenty talented enough on offense to have success in this area against lesser defenses, but against more talented defenses they are really dependent upon Dak/Lamb creating magic.