Rate the last movie you saw

hookemhorns72

Reaction score
Watched I Am Number 4 and Limitless. Pleasantly surprised by both movies. I'd give both a 7/10. Found #4 to be more of a teen flick that was drawn out a little. I would recommend both movies.
Hereafter was horrible! Couldn't make it to the end! -2/10!

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Planet of the Apes - 8/10

That monkey wrangler character was ridiculously over the top. The monkeys animations were way to quick and unnatural. Freido Pinto is distractingly beautiful.

Aaaaaand spoilers in white The city of San Fransisco just lets the dangerous, highly intelligent apes go peacefully in to the nearby woods?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4041500 said:
Planet of the Apes - 8/10

That monkey wrangler character was ridiculously over the top. The monkeys animations were way to quick and unnatural. Freido Pinto is distractingly beautiful.

Aaaaaand spoilers in white The city of San Fransisco just lets the dangerous, highly intelligent apes go peacefully in to the nearby woods?

Did you watch the movie? At what point did they let the Apes peacefully go anywhere? :laugh2:

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
TheCount;4041728 said:
Did you watch the movie? At what point did they let the Apes peacefully go anywhere? :laugh2:

spoilers

the end game for the chimps was the red woods. They made it their, taking out a chopper and a handful of lives in the process, and seemigly reached their new home in peace.

What's stopping the humans from going after the highly intelligent, scheming, violent apes?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4041746 said:
spoilers

the end game for the chimps was the red woods. They made it their, taking out a chopper and a handful of lives in the process, and seemigly reached their new home in peace.

What's stopping the humans from going after the highly intelligent, scheming, violent apes?

Ever hear of a sequel? :D

And that didn't look too peaceful by the way.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
spoilers

*there

And I agree on a sequel but - spoilers - the spreading of the virus for humans takes time. And the monkeys need time to breed and grow their intelligent population. Seeing them just pull off that tactical escape would leave the humans no choice but to take them out

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheCount;4038388 said:
Maybe it's just the way he delivers his lines, I can never get the emotion he's trying to convey.

He was good in 127 Hours and he was good in Pineapple Express, it's usually only when he's asked to deliver dramatic lines that I have a major issue with him.

For what it's worth, my wife thought he was great in Apes.

I agree with you on Franco. I think he's awful. I hated Pineapple Express particularly because of him.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

The film is obviously set up for sequels, but I'm sure if you watched the movie, and sat through some of the credits, you can think of why the humans may be a little preoccupied.

urface59

Reaction score
I just watched Splice and I cant even give it a rating right now. I just need to find a way to get the image of Adrien Brody getting freaky with his adopted 1 month old fish/human/bird daughter out of my head... my soul feels so dirty.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Beats, Rhymes, and Life: The Travels of A Tribe Called Quest 10/10

Best documentary I've seen in a while. Well, ok, Tribe is my favorite hip-hop group, so anything involving them I rate highly. It's a little bitter sweet, as the movie is about them breaking up. Very touching, entertaining, and funny too. Everyone in the theater were bobbing their heads. Great stuff.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Blue Valentine - 9/10

A lot like Revolutionary Road, in that it's basically a movie centered around the brutal destruction of a relationship and you kind of feel awkward watching it.

While Road was a period piece, this seems a lot more modern and perhaps more relatable for it. At the very least, the arguments seemed a little more believable.

Both Michelle Willams (who is always fantastic) and Ryan Gosling (who seems primed, somewhat ironically, to take over the heart throb turned bankable serious actor path that the late Heath Ledger was on) were terrific.

If you're in a shaky relationship, I definitely would NOT advice watching it with your significant other though. That is, unless you're ready to be single. :laugh2:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
30 Minutes or Less: 7/10. I saw this last week and it was pretty funny. Really short though at about 80 minutes. Tolerance factor of Danny McBride and that Indian guy, Aziz something or other will greatly influence your enjoyment, especially Aziz.

Rango - 4/10. I thought this was supposed to be good, I mostly remember good reviews for it, but I thought it was pretty terrible. Not funny, not compelling, not really interesting, and mostly juvenile. Only thing I can really give it a plus for is the pretty good animation.

Final Destination 5 - 4/10. Also pretty terrible, but that's not surprising. These seem to get worse with each one, and this is no exception. They keep trying to change up the rules in these movies to change the story up even the tiniest bit, but I don't think changing the basics of a premise is a good starting point for sequels. It's still basically the same thing, with crazy deaths that just aren't as funny as they used to be, and increasingly unrealistic. The acting in this one was especially bad. They try to be clever at the end in tying it in with the previous films, and I suppose it's not too bad, but it's very obvious once they show the location at the end, and not hard to predict if you really pay attention to things in the movie before that.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
30 Minutes or Less - 7/10

A fine comedy that is ultimately unmemorable. Aziz steals the show, but if you're a Danny McBride fan (which I am not particularly, although he was good in this), you'll get plenty of his type of humor as well.

On an unrelated note, they showed the trailer for the new Ben Stiller comedy Tower Heist with Eddie Murphy, and I'm soooo looking forward to seeing Eddie Murphy in a real comedy again. It's about time.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Cowboy Junkie;4042894 said:
I loved how the new Apes matched up with the original. the stories fit very well together

Yeah, "it's a madhouse", "damn dirty ape",the hosing down of Caesar, the astronauts lost in space,,,

I loved it, would give it 10 out of 10.

I cheered when Caesar chewed that pilot's finger off.

"Caesar is home"