Rate the last movie you saw

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;4345410 said:
I'm virtually certain you just troll in this thread. No one can really have such terrible taste.

Not a troll. I could've done without the Syriana spoiler, though.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
theogt;4345410 said:
I'm virtually certain you just troll in this thread. No one can really have such terrible taste.

why? I like some movies you hate, and vice-versa. That's life.

More reviews:

The Help 9/10. The stories and acting was great. Glad regarding the outcome of the romance. Cried like a baby towards the end.

The Duchess 5/10. Didn't like or hate it. Read up on the real-life people, and they suck in real life.

It's a Wonderful life 5/10 for the half that I saw it (fell asleep / bored around midway). Can't say I really understand why this movie is such a classic. Home Alone 1/2 and A Christmas Story all the way.

The Usual Suspects 9/10. Great story great twist great acting.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4353988 said:
Kings Peach - 6.5 - firth was good. Everything outside their interactions was boring. Felt like a play.

I heard he was secretly in love with pears. :p:

kmp77

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4353988 said:
Kings Peach - 6.5 - firth was good. Everything outside their interactions was boring. Felt like a play.

thekingspeach.jpg

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
The Devils Double - 5/10

A movie about Uday Husseins body double. Pretty disappointing.

joseephuss

Reaction score
"Young Adult"

I liked it and found it entertaining. It is one of those movies where it is painful to watch what the characters go through or the position they put themselves in because you do feel some empathy for them.

"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"

Very good. Good acting, good action, good drama and good suspense. No movie ever meets everything that a book provides, but this one did very well.

I don't consider it a remake of the Swedish movies. I consider it an effort to make a movie based on a book. Unfortunately for Hollywood, the people in Sweden had a head start and were able to come out with their movie(s) first.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The Devil Inside: 3/10. Basically Blair Witch/Paranormal Activity but with exorcisms. The shaky camera almost made me sick because it very rarely stops moving, even on "interview" shots that any filmmaker would use a tripod for were bobbing up and down. Nothing new is really added to the exorcism genre. It's basically the same stuff as others, just using the "real footage" style. The entire audience I was with groaned at the ending as well (which is essentially a promotional ploy).

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Real Steel: 6.5 / 10 - Had a lot of potential but fell flat in a lot of ways in my opinion.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
Horrible Bosses. 6/10 ....middle of the road comedy.....about what I expected.

Crazy Stupid Love. 9/10 .....this one really took me by surprise. Absolutely hilarious movie. Really loved it.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Tinker Tailor - 10/10

Best movie I've seen this year. :) I really can't think of a single reason to take it down a notch from 10. What an incredible cast.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2816216 said:
Well, I knew what they looked like.

I guess I just wanted clarification that what's on the side is what's really in the machine. If it is, then I might still use Blockbuster when the redbox doesn't have anything I want to see.
the movies listed on the side of the redbox are some of the movies availiable it does not list every movie that is there. For that you have to use the touchscreen

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Wow I feel dumb I just realized this thread was from years ago lol

kmp77

Reaction score
theogt;4364594 said:
Tinker Tailor - 10/10

Best movie I've seen this year. :) I really can't think of a single reason to take it down a notch from 10. What an incredible cast.

The directing, acting, art direction, score/soundtrack, and cinematography were amazing.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Tron: Legacy 5/10.

The characters were way way under developed. The original Tron movie is so much better than Legacy.

• Sam Flynn character was under developed and what development they had was very uninteresting. Nothing made you want him to succeed. Nothing made you really care about him at all.
  • The Zuse character was just plain stupid.
  • Quorra was probably the most developed character besides Kevin Flynn, but Kevin's development came from the previous movie. Though he seemed completely different. (more mature I guess)
  • Gem was Hawt! ;)

All in all it was an average movie at best. Damn shame I stayed up until 1am to finish watching it. (with a 5:30am alarm to answer :( )

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rise of the planet of the apes - Not great, not terrible. Meh

SuckerPunch - One of those movies where you like parts of it but find other parts of it stupid.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
SA_Gunslinger;4364542 said:
Horrible Bosses. 6/10 ....middle of the road comedy.....about what I expected.

Crazy Stupid Love. 9/10 .....this one really took me by surprise. Absolutely hilarious movie. Really loved it.

I agree on horrible bosses.
crazy stupid love gets a 3/10 for me very cliche. same old same old

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4367629 said:
Rise of the planet of the apes - Not great, not terrible. Meh

SuckerPunch - One of those movies where you like parts of it but find other parts of it stupid.

There's a funny podcast that talked about suckerpunch. They do a different crappy movie every week like jingle all the way and greenlantern. I've listened to a few of them about movies I didn't even see