Rate the last movie you saw

Them

Reaction score
I streamed the movie "He Never Died!" last night...a strange and different movie IMO...I can't say much about it, because it would give away to much...I' ll stretch and give it 8 Probes...
h4ntgnB.jpg
h4ntgnB.jpg
h4ntgnB.jpg
h4ntgnB.jpg
h4ntgnB.jpg
h4ntgnB.jpg
h4ntgnB.jpg
h4ntgnB.jpg
:popcorn:

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I streamed the movie "He Never Died!" last night...a strange and different movie IMO...I can't say much about it, because it would give away to much...I' ll stretch and give it 8 Probes...
h4ntgnB.jpg
h4ntgnB.jpg
h4ntgnB.jpg
h4ntgnB.jpg
h4ntgnB.jpg
h4ntgnB.jpg
h4ntgnB.jpg
h4ntgnB.jpg
:popcorn:
That's the one with Henry Rollins, right? I keep seeing it but haven't checked it out yet.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Halloween Ends (we can only hope) - 3/10 I guess. The series is pretty stupid overall full of characters doing completely irrational and stupid things so they can end up dying. This one has a little of that. But, the real issue is, 75% of this movie has very little to do with Mike Myers. It introduces a new character that has no involvement in anything up to this point. Nobody knows him. Nobody cares about him. He's just thrown in here to be the focus of the rather ridiculous story. Then, that's all thrown away so we can have 10 minutes of Michael Myers. Just so stupid.

Creeper

Reaction score
"Dr Sleep" (2019)

I had waited quite a while to see this movie... For 2 reasons.

The first being I didn't want to be disappointed. For me "The Shining" is one of the greatest movies of all time and in the horror/thriller genre the greatest movie.

And I knew as opposed to King's book "Dr. Sleep" the movie was heavily influenced by Kubrick's movie and so there was the potential to be disappointed with how "Dr. Sleep" portrayed or meshed with Kubrick's work.

The flip-side was that I didn't want to irrationally dislike "Dr. Sleep" either. Again, Kubrick's movie is the pinnacle for me and while I didn't want to be disappointed in "Dr. Sleep" I didn't want to dislike it due to the new movie somehow damaging my feelings of the old.

Anyway back to "Dr. Sleep"...

I thought the movie plodded along a little too much for the first hour.

The scenes with the post-Overlook Danny and Wendy were decent! I thought the gal who played Wendy did a bang-up job of looking and sounding like Shelley Duvall. I didn't think the kid was as good a match, but he was OK.

The guy playing Scatman Crother's character was also very good.

The star of the movie was the gal who played "Rose the Hat".

The movie picked up speed in the second hour.

The part of the movie that took placed in the Overlook Hotel only lasted about 15 minutes but carried the movie.

I was not disappointed nor did I dislike the treatment of the Overlook sequence. I thought the director respected Kubrick's work and did nothing to besmirch "The Shining".

Overall I thought it was a good, entertaining movie–"The Shining" it was not, but it was still a decent watch.

IMDB gives it a 7.3 which is about right in my opinion. For the sake of comparison Kubrick's "The Shining" is rated at 8.4 on IMDB.

A couple notes...

-I was impressed with how much of the soundtrack from "The Shining" was also used on "Dr. Sleep".
-The use of the same font employed in "The Shining" to indicate places and dates was also used in "Dr. Sleep" which helped with continuity.
-I thought whomever was responsible for the sets did a marvelous job recreating the Overlook from Kubrick's movie.

A couple things you may not have noticed...

-Early in the movie, Danny is sitting in an office and that office is set up to look just like the office Jack Torrance sat in when he was interviewed for the caretaker's job at the Overlook.
-The little girl in the movie whom Rose the Hat (and others) try to get under their control lived in a house that carried the house number "1980"–Which was the year "The Shining" was released (I'm sure that wasn't by accident).

Stephen King said he liked the movie and felt it helped wipe away some of the angst he had for Kubrick's movie–I think some of that had to do with how the Overlook ended up being destroyed (fire due to a boiler blowing up which is how King's version of "The Shining" ended).

Rose the Hat was played by Rebecca Ferguson and she is hot.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Black Adam (2022)
x3mbRcB.png

7.25 of 10.00

I did not wait until all credits had rolled, so I do not know if there was anything at the very end of the movie. However, everyone should take the time to wait less than five minutes after the credits begin. For me, the scene tells me Viola Davis will play a huge role in whatever direction the DCEU will take. Plus, there will be a definitive line drawn between Black Adam and Shazam!. Finally, it puts one particular hypothetical firmly to rest that has been up in the air. The brief cut scene alone raised my grade from 7.00 to 7.25.

Now I will take a sec to make a complete shallow but true observation: Sarah Shahi and Quintessa Swindell are very beautiful actresses.

Just had to get that out.

The movie? Almost the first two-thirds was a mish-mash of average storytelling and acting tied together with fight scenes that are just "good enough" to keep the movie lively and prevent it from dipping down towards fair.
The last third was done much better after Black Adam began acting heroic.

It was a personal joy to see The Lord of Order on the big screen. The magic CGI was not outstanding but was visually conceptualized really well. That said, moviegoers should be prepared to see Pierce Brosnan's still very handsome 69-year-old face often. Definitely not something I went in expecting from the wielder of The Helmet of Nabu.

Hawkman, Dr. Fate and Cyclone were really good. I will not be upset at all if I never see Atom Smasher again. The primary villain was a yawner for me. The "big boss" was impressive but left me wanting a little more.

Lastly, Dwayne Johnson played a pretty good Black Adam, He used his The Rock persona well but maybe stronger than necessary. He could not completely convince my imagination of him as the anti-hero because he never oozed Black Adam as a totally separate character.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Black Adam (2022)
x3mbRcB.png

7.25 of 10.00

I did not wait until all credits had rolled, so I do not know if there was anything at the very end of the movie. However, everyone should take the time to wait less than five minutes after the credits begin. For me, the scene tells me Viola Davis will play a huge role in whatever direction the DCEU will take. Plus, there will be a definitive line drawn between Black Adam and Shazam!. Finally, it puts one particular hypothetical firmly to rest that has been up in the air. The brief cut scene alone raised my grade from 7.00 to 7.25.

Now I will take a sec to make a complete shallow but true observation: Sarah Shahi and Quintessa Swindell are very beautiful actresses.

Just had to get that out.

The movie? Almost the first two-thirds was a mish-mash of average storytelling and acting tied together with fight scenes that are just "good enough" to keep the movie lively and prevent it from dipping down towards fair.
The last third was done much better after Black Adam began acting heroic.

It was a personal joy to see The Lord of Order on the big screen. The magic CGI was not outstanding but was visually conceptualized really well. That said, moviegoers should be prepared to see Pierce Brosnan's still very handsome 69-year-old face often. Definitely not something I went in expecting from the wielder of The Helmet of Nabu.

Hawkman, Dr. Fate and Cyclone were really good. I will not be upset at all if I never see Atom Smasher again. The primary villain was a yawner for me. The "big boss" was impressive but left me wanting a little more.

Lastly, Dwayne Johnson played a pretty good Black Adam, He used his The Rock persona well but maybe stronger than necessary. He could not completely convince my imagination of him as the anti-hero because he never oozed Black Adam as a totally separate character.

On that Black Adam credits scene:

I read an article about how hard they worked to put that together. Apparently they had to talk a lot of people into it, not just Henry Cavill. It mentioned a connection between agents and the Rock’s ex-wife helping to make it happen. And while I’d love it to lead to more, at this point nothing else has been signed and it just a one-off appearance.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Natural Born Killers

2/10.

I get it's a satire and a play on how American is obsessed with violence and serial killers. But the way it was shot and how it progressed was not for me at all. Terrible.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So I’m in the holiday spirit and started watching some Halloween/Horror films.

Just watched the 2018 Halloween and Halloween Kills gearing up for Halloween Ends. Now I remember why I stopped watching the slashers. The suspension of disbelief is too high for me. I can’t deal with people being THAT DUMB!

I did enjoy the 2018 film and I felt that they HAD a fitting end for the second film, only to discard it and have Michael somehow “come back’ and kill everyone. I checked out at such a dumb ending.

Halloween 2018 - I’d give a 6 out of 10. A fun enough slasher if you make the effort to overlook its flaws.

Halloween Kills - I’d give a 4 out of 10. Too many morons getting themselves killed and an ending that pulls the rug out from under you and goes in a direction I didn’t like at all.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The School for Good and Evil on Netflix. A cute movie, if you're in the mood for a Buffy/ Chilling Adventures of Sabrina type of campiness. I'll give it a 6.5/10.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just watched Megan Leavy on Prime. Holy crap, what a good movie! Kate Mara was excellent as the former Marine. Maybe it's because her dog reminds me of mine, back about a decade ago, but that movie got to me. 9/10

joseephuss

Reaction score
On that Black Adam credits scene:

I read an article about how hard they worked to put that together. Apparently they had to talk a lot of people into it, not just Henry Cavill. It mentioned a connection between agents and the Rock’s ex-wife helping to make it happen. And while I’d love it to lead to more, at this point nothing else has been signed and it just a one-off appearance.

It is official now. Cavill is back as Superman for a future DCEU project and maybe more.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just watched the last three Hunger Games movies. I saw the first one shortly after it came out on video, and was never impressed enough to care about watching any more. Today, I got bored enough to watch the rest.

I'm just going to treat them all as one long movie, and say that I was barely paying attention until about halfway through, then it got interesting. It kept getting better and better (slowly, but surely) until the climax, when it just turned to absolute crap.

In summary, I give the whole series a 6.5/10, and only because of Jennifer Lawrence.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Them" 1954

A darn good movie... Even by today's standards.

One of the slew of big-monster movies to come out during the 1950's and an early entry for having monsters that were created by radiation.

It has a couple good scares in it (the policeman being attacked while watching over the destroyed general store being one of them) for a 1954 horror flick.

The special affects for that time period are pretty good! They went to a lot of effort to create the ants that had movement.

A strength of the film is the acting, and you've got a terrific list of actors:
-James Whitmore
-Edmund Gwyenn
-James Arness

And even had a strong list of minor-part characters:
-Fess Parker
-Leonard Nimoy
-Dub Taylor

IMDB gives it a 7.2 rating.

I'm perfectly fine with that.

An entertaining horror flick from the 50's that is still very watchable today.