Rate the last movie you saw

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah. That’s exactly what I was worried about. I think Okoye or M’Baku would have been better choices.

I don’t expect to see Black Panther 3 anytime soon.
I don't know. M'baku role is perfect as is. I wouldn't want to see him elsewhere.

The biggest issue is Chadwick Boseman was soooo good. It's hard to see anyone else. He had a natural swag that just fit. Going forward, maybe she gets that.

The movie itself was really good. So go see it if you haven't already.
I have my doubts there will be a Black Panther 3 also but The ending credits' conclusion confirms the character will return. Right now, the odds favor Letitia Wright continuing the role but there is a third option I was thinking about while watching this movie:

Lupita Nyong'o

Very few actors, outside the current cast, could step in and adequately approach Boseman's prior performance--although Mahershala Ali or John David Washington might be decent casting considerations. Nyong'o will never be Boseman but she does have the necessary strong onscreen persona, backed with the acting resume clout to support the lateral change in role assignment that studios' prefer. Plus, and without giving away a spoiler, the movie does provide a tiny mechanism for making this happen and maintain continuity.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that's the wrong character. She looks nothing like Tracy Lord's.
Quit it. This is a family forum you know. :laugh:

EDIT: Whoops! You were right. My bad. I was mis-remembering who played what in the movie. That is Arly Jover's Mercury instead of Traci Lords' Racquel.

Last edited:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
The answer is yes in certain situations, with technology assistance being the determining factor. The same holds true for practically all films and series in the genre, even for those pre-dating both the MCU and DECU/DCU.

A scene from 1998's Blade is a good example:

The film's main antagonists are vampires, who have typical superior physical traits like strength, speed and degrees of invulnerability. The cut scene below shows the very human Dr. Karen Jenson (played by N'Bushe Wright) being easily overwhelmed by Vampire Racquel (Traci Lords). The human used technology to overcome her opponent's superhuman advantages.

WFd94O2.gif

The vampire was toying with her, and got hit with a surprise attack.

From 2:27 on is a different type of battle with creatures who do not think. Technology does not help them in that fight. Captain American goes all out multiple times against one or 2 in that fight which appears to take everything he has or at least it takes his entire focus. Then you have a whole charging army in a cavalry style attack against normal humans with spears.

In xmen, soldiers put up a pretty good fight, but it is due to technology/weaponry and restraint of good xmen. But they would be annihilated if not for the good xmen helping them in the last stand movie.

I haven't seen the new Wakanda movie, but unless they have been using clone technology, they should not have the population to make the movie. I am going to have to give it a 2.3 of 10.0

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have my doubts there will be a Black Panther 3 also but The ending credits' conclusion confirms the character will return. Right now, the odds favor Letitia Wright continuing the role but there is a third option I was thinking about while watching this movie:

Lupita Nyong'o

Very few actors, outside the current cast, could step in and adequately approach Boseman's prior performance--although Mahershala Ali or John David Washington might be decent casting considerations. Nyong'o will never be Boseman but she does have the necessary strong onscreen persona, backed with the acting resume clout to support the lateral change in role assignment that studios' prefer. Plus, and without giving away a spoiler, the movie does provide a tiny mechanism for making this happen and maintain continuity.

I think the Black Panther will be relegated to ensemble films like the Avengers similar to the Hulk, Hawkeye, or the Vision. Or maybe TV appearances like they have.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The vampire was toying with her, and got hit with a surprise attack.

From 2:27 on is a different type of battle with creatures who do not think. Technology does not help them in that fight. Captain American goes all out multiple times against one or 2 in that fight which appears to take everything he has or at least it takes his entire focus. Then you have a whole charging army in a cavalry style attack against normal humans with spears.

In xmen, soldiers put up a pretty good fight, but it is due to technology/weaponry and restraint of good xmen. But they would be annihilated if not for the good xmen helping them in the last stand movie.

I haven't seen the new Wakanda movie, but unless they have been using clone technology, they should not have the population to make the movie. I am going to have to give it a 2.3 of 10.0
There are literally dozens of movies and television shows (hundreds maybe?) you can build upon your argument. Your observations, based on the examples you provide, run counter to their intended and expected presentation to audiences.

You have been re-visiting your "ordinary human" versus "A.I./monsters/suped up aliens" viewpoint several times. These matchups have been commonplace across many entertainment genres in both movies and television for decades--even longer within comic books and traditional novel published fiction.

Every single example will be fantastical in nature. Remove that element and there would be zero reason for movie studios to produce them. Heck. Take the fantastical out of Independence Day. The movie should have ended several minutes in after Will Smith finally got a clue why his neighbors were freaking out:

8HDlI0G.gif

...and that movie was nearly two and a half hours long, lol.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
There are literally dozens of movies and television shows (hundreds maybe?) you can build upon your argument. Your observations, based on the examples you provide, run counter to their intended and expected presentation to audiences.

You have been re-visiting your "ordinary human" versus "A.I./monsters/suped up aliens" viewpoint several times. These matchups have been commonplace across many entertainment genres in both movies and television for decades--even longer within comic books and traditional novel published fiction.

Every single example will be fantastical in nature. Remove that element and there would be zero reason for movie studios to produce them. Heck. Take the fantastical out of Independence Day. The movie should have ended several minutes in after Will Smith finally got a clue why his neighbors were freaking out:

8HDlI0G.gif

...and that movie was nearly two and a half hours long, lol.

In the other thread I put a trailer for wakanda, and stated why I didn't like the wakanda theme. In this thread I asked you if the normal people in the new wakanda were fighting foes stronger than them. You brought in other movies, I responded with what popped in my head at the time, it was never my point.

It is my personal observation/opinion. I will wait until Wakanda is free to stream, and I might raise my 2.3 rating

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the other thread I put a trailer for wakanda, and stated why I didn't like the wakanda theme. In this thread I asked you if the normal people in the new wakanda were fighting foes stronger than them. You brought in other movies, I responded with what popped in my head at the time, it was never my point.

It is my personal observation/opinion. I will wait until Wakanda is free to stream, and I might raise my 2.3 rating
Our sub-discussion is derailing the thread, so I will continue by replying soon to the post containing the Wakanda trailer you are referring in the other thread.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hzuXX9W.jpg

Just got back from seeing Black Panther Wakanda Forever.

While it was a perfectly serviceable Marvel film, it just wasn’t special. I thought the tributes to Chadwick Boseman were very fitting and heartfelt. But the story and conflict were both ‘meh’ and never had me truly invested.

There was a surprise cameo that I was very glad to see. But I wasn’t thrilled with the cinematic version of Namor and ‘Atlantis’.

Given the high standards I now have for the MCU, I give this one a 6 out of 10 as an average installment in the series.

visionary

Reaction score
Black Panther

I’m surprisingly ambivalent about the movie
Tributes are great but this one seemed drawn out
The story moved very slowly
I never bought the new BP, nor am I a fan of the current Namor. I would have liked someone of more imposing stature with less jewelry and less time spent on his back story.
Anyway decent but not great IMO
The current BP reminded me too much if Catwoman, a decent sidekick but not a main character
6.5/10

joseephuss

Reaction score
Black Panther

I’m surprisingly ambivalent about the movie
Tributes are great but this one seemed drawn out
The story moved very slowly
I never bought the new BP, nor am I a fan of the current Namor. I would have liked someone of more imposing stature with less jewelry and less time spent on his back story.
Anyway decent but not great IMO
The current BP reminded me too much if Catwoman, a decent sidekick but not a main character
6.5/10

In the comics she was more of a sidekick, lower tier character. It is quite challenging for a comic superhero to climb out of that role and be successful at the main character. It has happened in the comics, but not often. Probably Wally West taken over the reigns of The Flash after Barry Allen is the best example. Miles Morales as Spider-man, too. Really haven't seen it reproduced in the movies or TV, yet.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Black Adam

4.5 / 10

Pretty forgettable. The kid in the movie was really annoying. I like the Rock, but I don't think this was a great role for him. Story was meh.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Terrifier 2
If you liked the firs t one you will probably like this one. Longer this time, much more gore. Old fashioned gore with no cgi
Sadly I thought the story line and acting would be improved. The two BAD clowns and the little boy were about the only decent actors. The women in it were terrible for the most part.
But if you want old fashioned over the top gore and killing...watch it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Terrifier 2
If you liked the firs t one you will probably like this one. Longer this time, much more gore. Old fashioned gore with no cgi
Sadly I thought the story line and acting would be improved. The two BAD clowns and the little boy were about the only decent actors. The women in it were terrible for the most part.
But if you want old fashioned over the top gore and killing...watch it.
Sounds like a great holiday film to gather the family around after decorating the tree.