Regarding the new forum changes *** MERGED ***

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
iceberg;1282877 said:
now to whine about wanting a grammar checker... : )

Keep up! There is an eagle poster and a few Cowboys posters that do that for us...

:cool:

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
OK, so why do some threads get labeled "moved" (and still appear in the "Main Forum"), while others don't?

And can we PLEASE get a direct link to each forum somewhere on the other forum's page (a link to the "Daily Forum" on the "Main Forum" page, and vice-versa)?

I know, it saves "only" one click, but for me, at least, that's one click saved dozens -- if not hundreds -- of times each day.

Catch-22

Reaction score
So basically the Fan Zone is 'Extremeskins Lite', and the Daily Zone is where all the worthwhile threads go.

That's fine and all, but I don't expect to be using the Fan Zone much

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Let's take a survey about who wants dual zones and who doesn't. Then I'll post 45 brand new posts about stupid stuff every day for a week and we'll vote again. :D

It has gotten pretty bad around here with the Cowboys rollercoaster season as of late. There have been some pretty good threads that get pushed to page 3 or beyond because of the constant war threads. We had it with Quincy/Hutch, Romo/Henson, Jones/Barber, Zimmer/<Insert Candidate> and Ware/Merriman. These are not newsworthy and something that when I log in after actually working I have to sift through.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AdamJT13;1282889 said:
OK, so why do some threads get labeled "moved" (and still appear in the "Main Forum"), while others don't?
Because we just implemented this change and all the threads moved prior to the change didn't have the Redirect message added.

And can we PLEASE get a direct link to each forum somewhere on the other forum's page (a link to the "Daily Forum" on the "Main Forum" page, and vice-versa)?

I know, it saves "only" one click, but for me, at least, that's one click saved dozens -- if not hundreds -- of times each day.
This is something I can see about adding. It is available in the Forum Jump (drop-down menu) at the bottom right .. but I will see about adding links somewhere else as well.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dallasfaniac;1282893 said:
Let's take a survey about who wants dual zones and who doesn't. Then I'll post 45 brand new posts about stupid stuff every day for a week and we'll vote again. :D

It has gotten pretty bad around here with the Cowboys rollercoaster season as of late. There have been some pretty good threads that get pushed to page 3 or beyond because of the constant war threads. We had it with Quincy/Hutch, Romo/Henson, Jones/Barber, Zimmer/<Insert Candidate> and Ware/Merriman. These are not newsworthy and something that when I log in after actually working I have to sift through.
... and that is a person who "gets" it!

-Reality

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Can we just give AdamJT rights to post threads in the Daily Zone? Everything he posts is newsworthy and important anyway. lol

<mancrush off>

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
pbthal;1282861 said:
How does one's thread get deemed "worthy"? Seems a little open to interpretation and bad feelings.

How does one get sponge worthy?

You just have to live with it dude.

FolsomCowboy

Reaction score
Cbz40;1282876 said:
The Daily Forum:

The main reason for the Daily Zone is to highlight the more important and relevant threads related to the Cowboys so users who can't spend all day on the site can at any time visit the site and catch up on the latest news and other information without having to go through a ton of threads trying to figure out which are news and which are opinions.

Such as:
Strictly Cowboy’s news focused
Articles
Cap questions & answers
Breaking News

I can understand moving articles etc..but how did this get moved there?

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76715

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some threads were in the Zone of Fame before and it was merged into the Daily Zone.

Everyone needs to remember that this process is just starting. The forum restructuring may take 2-3 days and then there will a period where we (the moderators) try to figure out a few things.

Be patient and open-minded :)

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I think the perception is that this is a big change, when in reality it is not.

Here's a scenario and how I think it would play out, but since I am not a mod or anything I am just guessing.

An article is written by someone that has a bunch of quotes from Parcells. What happens currently is we will see about 15 other threads about different comments out of the article like: 'Parcells says Romo performed well', 'Parcells said Jones provided a nice spark', 'Parcells says the Lions were actually a dress rehearsal for Seahawks.', etc.

Now, I imagine under the new change, the article thread will be moved to the daily zone, but all the other threads stay in the fan zone. This way, you can still talk about the article etc. but the main gist of the article is somewhere that fans can find it easily after being gone for a couple hours and we don't have people saying 'Where did he say that about Zimmer? I never saw it.'

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Reality;1282903 said:
This is something I can see about adding. It is available in the Forum Jump (drop-down menu) at the bottom right .. but I will see about adding links somewhere else as well.

It's a scroll and two clicks to get there using the forum jump at the very bottom. It's just two clicks to use the "Cowboys Forums" link at the top. But a direct link somewhere near the top -- sort of like the "Join the 2006 CowboysZone Pick'em League!" link -- would be nice.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
What did Yogi Berra say: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", That's how I feel, I don't like the Changes.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
AmishCowboy;1282961 said:
What did Yogi Berra say: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", That's how I feel, I don't like the Changes.

Do the Amish even use the internet yet? :)

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
AmishCowboy;1282961 said:

I don't care about changes, I care about convenience. And to me, it's much more convenient to keep checking one forum than it is to keep checking two.