Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Manning?

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
Yeah it's like.. The media has influenced almost everything negatively slung towards Romo, which we hate, yet we're hating another QB because of the media.

The guy is good. I think the only player that has ever slanted my view based on a lot of what goes through the media is Favre, but I still recognize that what he's done is pretty amazing, just sick of hearing about it.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
lqmac1;3794350 said:
My question is why is everyone (media) crowning A.rodg. that tittle after 1 playoff game???

Romo imo is the better qb, yet he still gets bashed all over the media and him and Rodgers have accomplished the same exact thing???

The media is so biased against the cowboys it's not even funny, That's why I love Micheal Irvin!!!

That is because you are a homer.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
trickblue;3799138 said:
I'm not really too interested in the riff you guys have... BUT... downing Turner with a 4.1 ypc average is ludicrous...

Give me any back all day long with that ypc...
The league average is 4.2.

Jenky

Reaction score
CATCH17;3805478 said:
Rodgers is a better QB than Romo.

That's fine though. I'll still take Romo over Rodgers because he is our guy.

But Rodgers can do anything Romo can and then some.

He cannot improvise as well. That's one thing Romo has over Rodgers.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Stautner;3799961 said:
Tier 1A: Manning, Brady (no particular order)
Tier 1B: Brees
Tier 2A: Rivers, Romo, Rodgers (no particularl order)
Tier 2B: Roethlesberger, Vick & Ryan (no particular order)
Putting Romo ahead of Roethlisberger is about as homerish and unrealistic as it gets. Unless you're talking about who has greater moral character.

Because on the field, BR has been the superior player.

Jenky

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3805705 said:
New QB Rankings.

Brady
Manning
Brees
Rodgers
Phillips
Ben
Romo
Vick
Ryan
Flacco

Can't agree with Flacco. He's done some really stupid things this year when the game was on the line.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
New QB Rankings.

Brady
Manning
Brees
Rodgers
Rivers
Ben
Romo
Vick
Ryan
Flacco

Oh, you are the one who put Flacco in top QB rankings eh? You probably standing lonesome on that deal most likely.

Flacco is Henne category. Coach Killers right now. I just don't think Flacco will ever amount to much, other than above Avg Starting QB at best.

Right now, Bradford probably is better than Flacco, even as Rookie. Flacco's big year was supposed to be this year, third year, where he should have made a big jump. Instead he had an up and down season. Started Down, then had a good stretch, and then turned back to his Jr Bledsoe ways.

Section446

Reaction score
lqmac1;3794350 said:
My question is why is everyone (media) crowning A.rodg. that tittle after 1 playoff game???

Romo imo is the better qb, yet he still gets bashed all over the media and him and Rodgers have accomplished the same exact thing???

The media is so biased against the cowboys it's not even funny, That's why I love Micheal Irvin!!!
Romo is not a better QB than Rodgers. Romo isn't even in the same neighborhood as any of the above mentioned QB's, you also forgot Rivers. Romo simply isn't a Super Bowl caliber QB.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Section444;3805716 said:
Romo is not a better QB than Rodgers. Romo isn't even in the same neighborhood as any of the above mentioned QB's, you also forgot Rivers. Romo simply isn't a Super Bowl caliber QB.

Easy buddy, easy. Lets see what he can do with a competent coach.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Section444;3805716 said:

What so Romo is some bus driver scrub that is lucky to have the career he is having so far? A career 95 rating qb is not a Super Bowl caliber QB? I have no problem with people saying Rogers or even Rivers as better qb. But let's not act like Romo is a bad qb or even an average QB.

birdwells1

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3805715 said:
Oh, you are the one who put Flacco in top QB rankings eh? You probably standing lonesome on that deal most likely.

Flacco is Henne category. Coach Killers right now. I just don't think Flacco will ever amount to much, other than above Avg Starting QB at best.

Right now, Bradford probably is better than Flacco, even as Rookie. Flacco's big year was supposed to be this year, third year, where he should have made a big jump. Instead he had an up and down season. Started Down, then had a good stretch, and then turned back to his Jr Bledsoe ways.

I actually agree with you on something, the Ravens have been coaching around the QB position as long as Ray Lewis has been there and this year is no exception. From the start you could tell the game was too big for Flacco because all he would throw to was his rb out the backfield or his te, at some point you have to remember that you acquired Boldin, Housh, and still have Mason. I think you had to establish a connection with these guys early in the game to keep Pitts defense honest and he didn't.

It seems that early in a QB's career he oftens feels more comfortable throwing to the TE and checking down to the RB because those passes requires reading the defense less but at this point in his career he should be past that.

birdwells1

Reaction score
New QB Rankings.

Brady
Manning
Brees
Rodgers
Rivers
Ben
Romo
Vick
Ryan
Flacco

I agree with this ranking, a team can win the superbowl with the 7th best qb in the league.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
birdwells1;3805752 said:
I agree with this ranking, a team can win the superbowl with the 7th best qb in the league.

With Romo's Favre like tendency to turn the ball over in critical situations I'm not so sure he can win a SB unless he has a "great" defense that can keep teams from scoring at will and a solid running game to help him out.

You can't put the game on Romo's shoulders and expect him to play mistake free.

Section446

Reaction score
StylisticS;3805723 said:
What so Romo is some bus driver scrub that is lucky to have the career he is having so far? A career 95 rating qb is not a Super Bowl caliber QB? I have no problem with people saying Rogers or even Rivers as better qb. But let's not act like Romo is a bad qb or even an average QB.
Average would be unfair, Romo is good, but nothing special. He's just not the kind of QB that can carry a team.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
KJJ;3805773 said:
With Romo's Favre like tendency to turn the ball over in critical situations I'm not so sure he can win a SB unless he has a "great" defense that can keep teams from scoring at will and a solid running game to help him out.

You can't put the game on Romo's shoulders and expect him to play mistake free.

Is that reality or perception?

StylisticS

Reaction score
Section444;3805791 said:
Average would be unfair, Romo is good, but nothing special. He's just not the kind of QB that can carry a team.

I don't think it's unfair. That's basically what you are calling him. He hasn't had a consistent run game since he's been here to take the pressure off of him and he hasn't been the reason for the team's failures as well. Like another poster said, let's see what he does with competent coaching for the first time since 2006.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3805792 said:
Is that reality or perception?

It's reality check Romo's history. :toast: I like Romo and think he's a very good QB but most Cowboy fans have a love/hate with him.

There's a very good Romo and there's a very bad Romo it was the same with Favre.

Romo's leadership has been under scrutiny ever since he took over as the Cowboys starting QB and he's had issues with turnovers.

Aaron Rodgers will probably win more SB's than Favre because he's a more steady, efficient QB.

SSGMIKE

Reaction score
So Romo had a competent coach and had a good running game under Bill Parchell? but still struggle in key situations..... there going be a time when fact are the fact... he just an average QB that need alot of talent around him to succeed.....

Guess that drop snap was the team fault also..... I say it more pressure time again

StylisticS;3805796 said:
I don't think it's unfair. That's basically what you are calling him. He hasn't had a consistent run game since he's been here to take the pressure off of him and he hasn't been the reason for the team's failures as well. Like another poster said, let's see what he does with competent coaching for the first time since 2006.