Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Manning?

StylisticS

Reaction score
SSGMIKE;3805814 said:
So Romo had a competent coach and had a good running game under Bill Parchell? but still struggle in key situations..... there going be a time when fact are the fact... he just an average QB that need alot of talent around him to succeed.....

So it does come out that he is average in your eyes. Not a shock because I knew that what you were saying. BTW, he only played 10 games under Parcells as opposed to 42 under Phillips. We also had an good but not great run game that year. Yet, he still beat the Giants at New York and put us back in position to win the East.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Bloodbunny;3805910 said:
I hate Rodgers so it pains me to say it: he is better than Romo easily.

No you don't. He is not better than Romo easily. Seems like everyone under estimates the great weapons that Rodgers has. Oh, unlike Romo, he has had Losing season when he started full season. But then, like I mentioned in another thread, right now, Rodgers had great game yesterday, and everyone and their brother loves Rodgers.

If he has crappy game next week, it will back to normal. If he has great game, Rodgers legent will continue to grow.

perrykemp

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3805916 said:
No you don't. He is not better than Romo easily. Seems like everyone under estimates the great weapons that Rodgers has. Oh, unlike Romo, he has had Losing season when he started full season. But then, like I mentioned in another thread, right now, Rodgers had great game yesterday, and everyone and their brother loves Rodgers.

If he has crappy game next week, it will back to normal. If he has great game, Rodgers legent will continue to grow.

Do the Packers really have better skilled offensive players than the Cowboys?

It would be interesting to see someone do a player by player comparison.

birdwells1

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3805916 said:

He is better than Romo but not easily. In his playoff loss he threw for over 400 yards and 4 tds last year, so he is quite impressive.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
perrykemp;3805958 said:

Yes they do, overall. Now they don't have a better Reciever than Dez Bryant , but their 4 deep, and every one of them can start on most other teams, at least as No. 2, except maybe Cowboys. Cowboys with Roy Williams maybe are 3 deep.

They have two good RB, or at least one good RB, probably more consistent one than Felix Jones. BEtter OL, at least slightly better OL currently, due to uncertainty for Cowboys for future. Their TE is at least on par with Witten on Recieving side of it, with Jermaichel Finley. He seems like next Superstar in making.

Probably Cowboys are at least one or two WRs from equalling Packers on O skill players. But seems like they might be two deep at RB with Starks at helm, once their Starting RB gets healthy. Where cowboys might have slight advantage is, if Phillips continues from where he left off in preseason this past season, Cowboys might be two deep at TE ( assuming, Bennett remains the same dissappointing self), which might make weapons equal.

REally big separation might be at OL, due to unknown future for Cowboys.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
SSGMIKE;3805814 said:
So Romo had a competent coach and had a good running game under Bill Parchell? but still struggle in key situations..... there going be a time when fact are the fact... he just an average QB that need alot of talent around him to succeed.....

Guess that drop snap was the team fault also..... I say it more pressure time again

The only thing worse than the constant ignorance about romo around here is when it is done in a secret coded version of english that no one can understand like this.

:eek:

FloridaRob

Reaction score
perrykemp;3805958 said:

no. Cowboys running game is signicantly better than Green BAys. Finley did not play much this year but the Packers did not have any one close to Wittens ability at TE. Anybody watch the number of dropped balls by the Packer WRs this year. While they are a great group they have their faults. I would say in total the skill players are pretty equal. No quaterback in their first three years of starting has done what Rodgers has done in regard to stats. And that included last year when the O-line was a sieve the first ten games.

As far as the close games go, there have been several games over the past three years that Rodgers has brought the Packers back only to have Mason Crosby miss a field goal or have the defense give up the winning points in the last few seconds.

Rodgers is an elite QB right now. It will just take about another three weeks to get those that are blinded by their bias to believe it.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
FloridaRob;3805990 said:
no. Cowboys running game is signicantly better than Green BAys. Finley did not play much this year but the Packers did not have any one close to Wittens ability at TE. Anybody watch the number of dropped balls by the Packer WRs this year. While they are a great group they have their faults. I would say in total the skill players are pretty equal. No quaterback in their first three years of starting has done what Rodgers has done in regard to stats. And that included last year when the O-line was a sieve the first ten games.

As far as the close games go, there have been several games over the past three years that Rodgers has brought the Packers back only to have Mason Crosby miss a field goal or have the defense give up the winning points in the last few seconds.

Rodgers is an elite QB right now. It will just take about another three weeks to get those that are blinded by their bias to believe it.

Assume much...:rolleyes:

Ryan Grant was injured and Before Finley was injured when he was turning to be Superstar.

Austin led the league in drops... :rolleyes:

Rodgers was 0-10 in game decided by 4 or less for his lifetime, before he won his first game, against Eagles in Playoffs. So much for Rodgers bringing back packers....

He is a very good QB, no doubt. He is not much better than Romo, Period. But to some blind cowboys, like the ones who probably booed Aikman at the end of his career, grass is always greener on the other side.

SSGMIKE

Reaction score
:bow:

FloridaRob;3805990 said:

FloridaRob

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3805999 said:
Assume much...:rolleyes:

as 0-10 in game decided by 4 or less for his lifetime, before he won his first game, against Eagles in Playoffs. So much for Rodgers bringing back packers....

so if Rodgers brings the Packers back and puts them ahead or has them in a position to win the game but Mason Crosy hits the goal post, or the special teams gives up a huge return for a field goal at the end, or the defense forgets to cover anyone after they have the lead, then that is Rodgers fault. I can think of five games off the top of my head in the past three years that has happened.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3805916 said:

He's way better than Romo physically.

He's way better than everyone physically.

He's the most talented QB in the league.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
perrykemp;3805958 said:

I wouldn't trade ours for theirs.

Where they seperate from us offensively is on the oline.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
FloridaRob;3806050 said:
so if Rodgers brings the Packers back and puts them ahead or has them in a position to win the game but Mason Crosy hits the goal post, or the special teams gives up a huge return for a field goal at the end, or the defense forgets to cover anyone after they have the lead, then that is Rodgers fault. I can think of five games off the top of my head in the past three years that has happened.

Repeat, he was 0-10 till past Eagles game decided by 4 pts or less. Lets say, for 6 games, it was not Rodgers fault. Thats about 60% of time, which I find it unbelievable, but lets give him that. But it still puts him at 4 losses for him at the very least.

On the other hand, Including playoffs, Romo is 6-8 I believe in games decided by 4 points or less. So lets see how you spin that as Rodgers being superior to Romo clearly??

And no, its not just about stats. Its what I observed from watching Rodgers when the team needs a TD drive at the end to win a game, on something or other happens to prevent it happen, and mostly it was Rodgers.

It might change in future, I don't know. Till then, he is not superior to Romo. Rodgers is very good, no doubt, but so is Romo. But listening to fans such as you, one would think, Rodgers already won SBs or something. Heck Rivers won mnore Playoff games than Rodgers and with inferior talent than Rodgers. But somehow Rodgers is now equal to Brady/Manning/Brees. Please...

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
CATCH17;3806057 said:
He's way better than Romo physically.

He's way better than everyone physically.

He's the most talented QB in the league.

Ok, if you say so, since you are the expert in talent evaluation.:rolleyes:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3806063 said:
Ok, if you say so, since you are the expert in talent evaluation.:rolleyes:

I've watched enough football to know what traits to look for in a QB physically yes. He has it all.

Some of the throws he made last night were unreal and he made them look routine.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
CATCH17;3806071 said:
I've watched enough football to know what traits to look for in a QB physically yes. He has it all.

Some of the throws he made last night were unreal and he made them look routine.

:lmao2: Alright, TV expert scout. :lmao2:

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
FloridaRob;3805990 said:

Please, don't hurt'em FloridaRob! :thumbup:

Good post.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3806075 said:
:lmao2: Alright, TV expert scout. :lmao2:

If you don't believe me just follow my posts this offseason. I'm confident in my ability to spot talent.