Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Manning?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3797336 said:
Dude not sure where you getting your stats, I counted games where it was 4 points or less margin.

Rodgers was 0-10 till this past playoff victory!! Thats amazing. So his record is 1-11, in games decided by 4 points or less. I don't care what his in game stats are, that is very bad. Even if say you discount 6 of those games or majority as not his fault, its still incredible.

I think Romo is got 6-8 including both playoff losses, which were close ( excluding Minny game). All upto 2010 since he started ( i took out games Rom was injured or out and same with Rodgers).

Really man? First it was games within 7 points or less. Now a "close game" means 4 points or less though huh? Convenient how you change your argument to try and fit your agenda better.

Why not make it 2 points or less?

:laugh2:

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3797336 said:
Dude not sure where you getting your stats, I counted games where it was 4 points or less margin.

RCowboyFan;3797336 said:
Rodgers is 7-15 in games decided by 7 points or less.

Just to help you remember what you said..

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3797376 said:
Really man? First it was games within 7 points or less. Now a "close game" means 4 points or less though huh? Convenient how you change your argument to try and fit your agenda better.

Why not make it 2 points or less?

:laugh2:

Again, like I said, I heard it on radio. Today I had time to do the research myself. So I did research on close games. That means at the end of the game most likely a TD wins the game. YOu can define that as whatever you want.

I agree, you can slice and dice stats to fit anyone's agenda. Stats are for losers. And thats probably my point too. Rodgers is a stat machine. His record clearly shows he wins against poor teams. But has tough time or really poor record against Good teams. You can look at it however you want it it.

Romo DOesn't. Romo is not in Brady/Manning/Rivers category though. But Rodgers really is not there either. I don't think he is even close, regardless of what fans/media think. He might get there maybe one day, but he is not right now.

Either way, go count the close games, maybe define them as 6 points or less, it will be amazing to see how bad Rodgers record is, compared to what his record is normal blowout type games.

I watched Rodgers enough in close games to know I don't need stats to see this guy doesn't do well in end of game winning TD drive type of games.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3797402 said:
Again, like I said, I heard it on radio. Today I had time to do the research myself. So I did research on close games. That means at the end of the game most likely a TD wins the game. YOu can define that as whatever you want.

I agree, you can slice and dice stats to fit anyone's agenda. Stats are for losers. And thats probably my point too. Rodgers is a stat machine. His record clearly shows he wins against poor teams. But has tough time or really poor record against Good teams. You can look at it however you want it it.

Romo DOesn't. Romo is not in Brady/Manning/Rivers category though. But Rodgers really is not there either. I don't think he is even close, regardless of what fans/media think. He might get there maybe one day, but he is not right now.

Either way, go count the close games, maybe define them as 6 points or less, it will be amazing to see how bad Rodgers record is, compared to what his record is normal blowout type games.

I watched Rodgers enough in close games to know I don't need stats to see this guy doesn't do well in end of game winning TD drive type of games.

I wasn't ever trying to argue that Rodgers does do well in those situations, just that Romo doesn't either.

Neither are in the "elite" category yet as far as im concerned. I'd take Rodgers over Romo, but only by a hair. Both are in the second tier, imo.

ringmaster

Reaction score
lqmac1;3794350 said:
My question is why is everyone (media) crowning A.rodg. that tittle after 1 playoff game???

Romo imo is the better qb, yet he still gets bashed all over the media and him and Rodgers have accomplished the same exact thing???

The media is so biased against the cowboys it's not even funny, That's why I love Micheal Irvin!!!
I'll say this if the QB plays for Dallas, and he's being compared to other top flight QBs in the league like Rodgers, Brees, Manning, or Brady then according to the media, and some fans then they are always better than any past, or present Cowboys QB regardless how good that QB is/was.

Suave

Reaction score
lqmac1;3794350 said:
My question is why is everyone (media) crowning A.rodg. that tittle after 1 playoff game???

Romo imo is the better qb, yet he still gets bashed all over the media and him and Rodgers have accomplished the same exact thing???

The media is so biased against the cowboys it's not even funny, That's why I love Micheal Irvin!!!

If Rodgers wins another playoff game this weekend (which is very possible), then would you rank him ahead of Romo?

I think Rodgers is on the cusp of being in the elite category. If he leads his team to the conference championship game, or even a Super Bowl appearance, I would have no problem placing him into the elite category or ranking him ahead of Romo. Don't get me wrong, I love Romo as our QB, but I am not so biased against the likes of Rodgers that I wouldn't consider ranking him ahead of Romo.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Suave;3798629 said:
If Rodgers wins another playoff game this weekend (which is very possible), then would you rank him ahead of Romo?

I think Rodgers is on the cusp of being in the elite category. If he leads his team to the conference championship game, or even a Super Bowl appearance, I would have no problem placing him into the elite category or ranking him ahead of Romo. Don't get me wrong, I love Romo as our QB, but I am not so biased against the likes of Rodgers that I wouldn't consider ranking him ahead of Romo.

And if he loses against the Falcons, do you think he still better than Romo?

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3797429 said:
I wasn't ever trying to argue that Rodgers does do well in those situations, just that Romo doesn't either.

Neither are in the "elite" category yet as far as im concerned. I'd take Rodgers over Romo, but only by a hair. Both are in the second tier, imo.

AGree there. Disagree on taking Rodgers over Romo, completely. Thats where I showed Romo vs Rodgers in close games. If you compare that to Brady/Rivers/Manning etc., I think Rodgers will be blown away.

Bottom line, before all these stats, when I watch Rodgers at the end of game, needing a TD to win the game, I don't feel like he will do it. While watching Romo ( not counting Manning/Brady etc. who you expect to do it), I also think he will do it. Since he has done it multiple times.

If you can't see that, then you just don't realize how good Romo is. Not much with stats can say that.

I will make a bet that if Rodgers needs a TD to win this game at the end of the game, this coming playoff game against Atlanta, you will see he will do something ( a sack, a fumble or something to not win the game). If that is Matt Ryan, most likely he will get the TD and win the game. So yeah I would take Matt Ryan over Rodgers, probably even Romo ( because Ryan is younger only).

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
Stautner;3794373 said:
QB's get more positive attention when they win, and more negative attention when they don't. That's not a Cowboy thing, that's a media thing.

Many tend to forget how the media embraced Romo at first, and only soured on him over time as the starlets started popping up and as the team never got over the hump to being a true title contender. The media originally loved the gunslinging free agent that rose to be the QB of "Americas Team". It was a great story, but eventually the media needs something more to fuel the story than every year just missing the playoffs of just making the playoffs and losing quickly. The media is always quick to move to the next story they can latch onto.

If we get over the hump and become a true contender and make a strong playoff run, Romo will be back in their good graces.

I totally agree. Romo rose to prominence very quickly and the media flamed that fire. We really shouldn't get upset when they dash a little water on him. Romo is a very good player. There are only 3 maybe four QB's that I would take over romo and Rodgers might be one of them. He and Romo are so close in talent that it would simply be a matter of individual preference.

Suave

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3798635 said:
And if he loses against the Falcons, do you think he still better than Romo?

Not necessarily.

I find it very funny that prior to this season, Romo fans ranked Romo ahead of Rodgers with one of the reasons being that Rodgers had no playoff victories. Now that he has a victory, they resort to new ways to tear him down. Some of them are so pitiful that they actually rooted for a hated division rival to beat Rodgers so that he would finish this season with no playoff victories, so that they can still boast of Romo having more playoff wins than Rodgers. Pathetic. I am pretty sure many of you Rodgers haters will be on your knees praying Saturday morning for him to lose. If he wins, it will be very interesting to see the new arguments you concoct to prove he is inferior to Romo.

Trendnet

Reaction score
Suave;3798925 said:
Not necessarily.

I find it very funny that prior to this season, Romo fans ranked Romo ahead of Rodgers with one of the reasons being that Rodgers had no playoff victories. Now that he has a victory, they resort to new ways to tear him down. Some of them are so pitiful that they actually rooted for a hated division rival to beat Rodgers so that he would finish this season with no playoff victories, so that they can still boast of Romo having more playoff wins than Rodgers. Pathetic. I am pretty sure many of you Rodgers haters will be on your knees praying Saturday morning for him to lose. If he wins, it will be very interesting to see the new arguments you concoct to prove he is inferior to Romo.

Why the bewilderment about Cowboys fans liking Romo over Rodgers?

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3798720 said:
AGree there. Disagree on taking Rodgers over Romo, completely. Thats where I showed Romo vs Rodgers in close games. If you compare that to Brady/Rivers/Manning etc., I think Rodgers will be blown away.

Bottom line, before all these stats, when I watch Rodgers at the end of game, needing a TD to win the game, I don't feel like he will do it. While watching Romo ( not counting Manning/Brady etc. who you expect to do it), I also think he will do it. Since he has done it multiple times.

If you can't see that, then you just don't realize how good Romo is. Not much with stats can say that.

I will make a bet that if Rodgers needs a TD to win this game at the end of the game, this coming playoff game against Atlanta, you will see he will do something ( a sack, a fumble or something to not win the game). If that is Matt Ryan, most likely he will get the TD and win the game. So yeah I would take Matt Ryan over Rodgers, probably even Romo ( because Ryan is younger only).

Really? He(Ryan) is good, but I Dont think I can trust him with the game on the line. I rank Ryan the same as Flacco. Good, but I still need to see more to determine if he that great.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3798720 said:

Like i said, i think Rodgers and Romo are both in the second tier of QB's and both really close in talent and skill. Both do poorly in close game situations, but i think Rodgers is just a better pure QB than Romo. There is more to look at then just their records in close games certainly, but its just my opinion. Give me Romo or Rodgers and i'd be very happy to start up a team with either. I just think Rodgers is a little bit better.. that's all it really comes down to.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3798955 said:
Really? He(Ryan) is good, but I Dont think I can trust him with the game on the line. I rank Ryan the same as Flacco. Good, but I still need to see more to determine if he that great.

Great as in Brady/Manning/Brees? Nope. He is very good, much better than Rodgers so far in close games. His record this season itself proves that. But yeah, he has lot of room to grow.

Rodgers does have way better weapons than Ryan though. Heck if everyone is healthy, Rodgers probably overall has the best weapons in NFL on the whole. I.e. TEs and 4-5 deep at WR, and very good RB and decent enough OL, when Rodgers doesn't hold the ball too long. Heck his D is ready for SB. Ryan's is not.

Anyway, in close games, Ryan's record so far is attrocious and he also has been starting for 3 years like Rodgers, but has been starter since day one unlike Rodgers.

Anyway, people some reason fall in love with his FFL stats and don't look at his game closely. Thats always been my beef. I used to dislike Rivers, but after watching his game enough, have to give him respect and put in almost elite category now. Plus he has won enough Playoff games, on the road and at home. I personally I always expect Rodgers not to win if he has get a TD to win the game. Much like the same way I have always felt with McNabb.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3798979 said:
Like i said, i think Rodgers and Romo are both in the second tier of QB's and both really close in talent and skill. Both do poorly in close game situations, but i think Rodgers is just a better pure QB than Romo. There is more to look at then just their records in close games certainly, but its just my opinion. Give me Romo or Rodgers and i'd be very happy to start up a team with either. I just think Rodgers is a little bit better.. that's all it really comes down to.

Sure, but close game wins what makes a QB elite. Romo is clearly better than Rodgers at this point no matter how you want to slice it. Its not like 1 percent difference, but significant difference.

But you like him, knock youself out.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3798985 said:
Sure, but close game wins what makes a QB elite. Romo is clearly better than Rodgers at this point no matter how you want to slice it. Its not like 1 percent difference, but significant difference.

But you like him, knock youself out.

13-18 is better than 9-17.. but they both still do poorly in close games as you can see there.

I don't think "close game wins" define a QB's career. If Rodgers leads his team to a 48 point shellacking over another team and Romo wins 21-17 over another team.. who did better that week?

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
For some reason, I thought Rodgers had a better "close game" record. Regardless, I think hes an amazing QB. I think Tony is amazing too. The only reason I would probably take Rodgers over Romo is because Aaron is just 27.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Suave;3798629 said:

But, if Romo were to win a sb they would say he didn't do it alone... the def. did this, the def did that.... the receivers made his job easy blah blah blah.

And god forbid romo takes us to the conference championship and we lose, All you're gonna hear is romo can't win the big game, romo this romo that. Rogers on the other hand, you would hear he needs help by the offense, the def. needs to step up, the 6 interceptions weren't his fault blah blah blah.

Trendnet

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3799005 said:
13-18 is better than 9-17.. but they both still do poorly in close games as you can see there.

I don't think "close game wins" define a QB's career. If Rodgers leads his team to a 48 point shellacking over another team and Romo wins 21-17 over another team.. who did better that week?

Well, obviously then you judge on the better leader is.

And who wears the better hat.