Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Manning?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I like Rodgers. He is a really good QB.

You cant compare Rodgers and Romo. Two different types of really good QB's.

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3798980 said:
Great as in Brady/Manning/Brees? Nope. He is very good, much better than Rodgers so far in close games. His record this season itself proves that. But yeah, he has lot of room to grow.

Rodgers does have way better weapons than Ryan though. Heck if everyone is healthy, Rodgers probably overall has the best weapons in NFL on the whole. I.e. TEs and 4-5 deep at WR, and very good RB and decent enough OL, when Rodgers doesn't hold the ball too long. Heck his D is ready for SB. Ryan's is not.

Anyway, in close games, Ryan's record so far is attrocious and he also has been starting for 3 years like Rodgers, but has been starter since day one unlike Rodgers.

Anyway, people some reason fall in love with his FFL stats and don't look at his game closely. Thats always been my beef. I used to dislike Rivers, but after watching his game enough, have to give him respect and put in almost elite category now. Plus he has won enough Playoff games, on the road and at home. I personally I always expect Rodgers not to win if he has get a TD to win the game. Much like the same way I have always felt with McNabb.

Lol what? Rodgers doesn't not have better weapons not even close.

Ryan has

Roddy White - best wideout in the game

Tony Gonzalez - elite tight end

Michael Turner - Best runningback in the game

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3799115 said:

Ryan has

I agree Ryan has better weapons, but Turner is not the best running back in the game.

The Falcons running game was 25th in the league in yards per carry this season, and 12th in total yards.

Turner himself was 6th in yards per game this year, and his 4.1 yards per carry was worse than no less than 15-20 other running backs who had a majority of their teams carries.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3799133 said:
I agree Ryan has better weapons, but Turner is not the best running back in the game.

The Falcons running game was 25th in the league in yards per carry this season, and 12th in total yards.

Turner himself was 6th in yards per game this year, and his 4.1 yards per carry was worse than no less than 15-20 other running backs who had a majority of their teams carries.

I'm not really too interested in the riff you guys have... BUT... downing Turner with a 4.1 ypc average is ludicrous...

Give me any back all day long with that ypc...

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
trickblue;3799138 said:
I'm not really too interested in the riff you guys have... BUT... downing Turner with a 4.1 ypc average is ludicrous...

Give me any back all day long with that ypc...

18 other starting running backs or running backs who got the majority of their teams carries, did better this season.. just sayin.

Im not trying to "down" him at all.. just stating the facts.

Falcons were 25th in the league in YPC.

trickblue

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3799145 said:
18 other starting running backs or running backs who got the majority of their teams carries, did better this season.. just sayin.

Im not trying to "down" him at all.. just stating the facts.

Falcons were 25th in the league in YPC.

How many carries?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
trickblue;3799147 said:
How many carries?

All the other running backs i counted with a higher ypc had at least 150 carries.

I can bump the criteria up to 200 if you'd like? I basically just looked at who the starting RB's were on each team and if it was a team that had 2 "starting" backs, i looked at the one with the most carries.

Just to be clear, im not suggesting Turner isn't a very good back.. just not the best in the league.

trickblue

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3799154 said:
All the other running backs i counted with a higher ypc had at least 150 carries.

I can bump the criteria up to 200 if you'd like? I basically just looked at who the starting RB's were on each team and if it was a team that had 2 "starting" backs, i looked at the one with the most carries.

Just to be clear, im not suggesting Turner isn't a very good back.. just not the best in the league.

I wasn't questioning your criteria... just asking as I was too lazy to look it up at this point...

I would still take Turner on my team any day... he runs hard and physical...

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
trickblue;3799156 said:
I wasn't questioning your criteria... just asking as I was too lazy to look it up at this point...

I would still take Turner on my team any day... he runs hard and physical...

I like how he runs as well, just don't consider him the best back in the league. There's 4 or 5 guys i would take before him.

I just hate when people exaggerate crap to try and prove their point.

I'd argue that Roddy White isn't the best WR in the league either. He had a tremendous year this year, and he's definately without a question top 5, but idk about the best.

trickblue

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3799161 said:
I like how he runs as well, just don't consider him the best back in the league. There's 4 or 5 guys i would take before him.

I just hate when people exaggerate crap to try and prove their point.

I'd argue that Roddy White isn't the best WR in the league either. He had a tremendous year this year, and he's definately without a question top 5, but idk about the best.

I would put White as top 5 potential... but not in reality...

Ryan and Gonzales are the heart of that offense...

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
trickblue;3799163 said:
I would put White as top 5 potential... but not in reality...

Ryan and Gonzales are the heart of that offense...

Eh, White's last 4 seasons:

2007: 83 catches 1202 yards 6 TD's

2008: 88 catches 1382 yards 7 TD

2009: 85 catches 1153 yards 11 TD

2010: 115 catches 1389 yards 10 TD

That first season was without Ryan. I think over the past 4 years you'd be hard pressed to find 5 guys with better overall stats.

Stautner

Reaction score
percyhoward;3799659 said:
You left out Rivers and Romo.

Those six, right now.

Tier 1A: Manning, Brady (no particular order)
Tier 1B: Brees
Tier 2A: Rivers, Romo, Rodgers (no particularl order)
Tier 2B: Roethlesberger, Vick & Ryan (no particular order)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
lqmac1;3794350 said:
My question is why is everyone (media) crowning A.rodg. that tittle after 1 playoff game???

Romo imo is the better qb, yet he still gets bashed all over the media and him and Rodgers have accomplished the same exact thing???

The media is so biased against the cowboys it's not even funny, That's why I love Micheal Irvin!!!

Romo has suffered a lot of meltdowns since he became the Cowboys QB. The image of him fumbling the snap against Seattle in the playoffs in 06 is unfortunately the play he's most remembered for.

His leadership skills have been under constant scrutiny from the time he took over. He's been criticized for moping on the sidelines.

There's fans and some in the media that don't take Romo very seriously. Rodgers hasn't had the turnovers that Romo has suffered with especially the ill timed turnovers.

It's not easy for any QB taking over for a legend and Rodgers has done a great job replacing Favre.

It's close between Rodgers and Romo but Rodgers has a better arm and is a more efficient passer.

His passer rating has been over a 100 the past 2 seasons and Romo has never had a passer rating of over 100.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3799115 said:

Ryan has

:laugh2: Dude, go talk to any Analyst and say that Falcons have better weapons than GB, they will laugh at you. Thats an idiotic statement.

Rodgers has essentially 2 NO. 1 recievers. And probably 2 no. 2s. Tony is not elite anymore, he is good. Its foolish to think Tony is Elite anymore. He is still good, but not great anymore.

Jermichael Finley pretty much was going to be ALl Pro TE this year til lhis injury. He was just setting league on fire. Ryan Grant is pretty much as good as Michael Turner, although Turner is probably slightly better than maybe Ryna Grant.

Now Michael Turner being best back in NFL. Thats just stupid statement. Considering even in NFC Adrian Peterson is the best. Even Jackson could claim to that title somewhat, considering he dominates without great help.

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3800490 said:
:laugh2: Dude, go talk to any Analyst and say that Falcons have better weapons than GB, they will laugh at you. Thats an idiotic statement.

Rodgers has essentially 2 NO. 1 recievers. And probably 2 no. 2s. Tony is not elite anymore, he is good. Its foolish to think Tony is Elite anymore. He is still good, but not great anymore.

Jermichael Finley pretty much was going to be ALl Pro TE this year til lhis injury. He was just setting league on fire. Ryan Grant is pretty much as good as Michael Turner, although Turner is probably slightly better than maybe Ryna Grant.

Now Michael Turner being best back in NFL. Thats just stupid statement. Considering even in NFC Adrian Peterson is the best. Even Jackson could claim to that title somewhat, considering he dominates without great help.

lol the Packers do not have two #1's. Driver is past his prime look at his numbers this year, 565 yards, 54 catches, and only 4 touchdowns. He's on the downside of his career no question about it. You must not watch Gonzalez very much because he is most definitely elite, his numbers as far as recieving this year are down but its because he's most been a blocker this year. As for Turner you can definitely argue he's the best back in the league, saying Grant is better is laughable at best. Turners numbers this year, 1,371 yards, 12 touchdowns, 4 yards per carry, keep in mind he is playing on a passing team if he was on a running team like Pitt or Baltimore his numbers would even better.

KJJ;3800054 said:
Romo has suffered a lot of meltdowns since he became the Cowboys QB. The image of him fumbling the snap against Seattle in the playoffs in 06 is unfortunately the play he's most remembered for.

His leadership skills have been under constant scrutiny from the time he took over. He's been criticized for moping on the sidelines.

There's fans and some in the media that don't take Romo very seriously. Rodgers hasn't had the turnovers that Romo has suffered with especially the ill timed turnovers.

It's not easy for any QB taking over for a legend and Rodgers has done a great job replacing Favre.

It's close between Rodgers and Romo but Rodgers has a better arm and is a more efficient passer.

His passer rating has been over a 100 the past 2 seasons and Romo has never had a passer rating of over 100.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv_cMv3CaBo

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I'd say their options are pretty close to even, between Rodgers and Ryan that is.

Roddy White is one of the top 5, maybe top 3 WR's in the league.

Gonzo is well.. Gonzo.

Turner had like 1300+ yards this season.

Add in Ryan and you have the new age Quadruplets.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3800526 said:
lol the Packers do not have two #1's. Driver is past his prime look at his numbers this year, 565 yards, 54 catches, and only 4 touchdowns. He's on the downside of his career no question about it. You must not watch Gonzalez very much because he is most definitely elite, his numbers as far as recieving this year are down but its because he's most been a blocker this year. As for Turner you can definitely argue he's the best back in the league, saying Grant is better is laughable at best. Turners numbers this year, 1,371 yards, 12 touchdowns, 4 yards per carry, keep in mind he is playing on a passing team if he was on a running team like Pitt or Baltimore his numbers would even better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv_cMv3CaBo

The fumble Rodgers had against the Cardinals isn't the play that's been the signature of his career.

He had a pass rush in his face on that play all Romo had to do against Seattle was get the snap down.

Rodgers hasn't had the Dec meltdowns or the amount of turnovers that Romo has had. Rodgers leadership has never been questioned.

There's a reason why most think Rodgers is the better QB and it has nothing to do with a bias against the Cowboys.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Rodgers over Romo debate is gaining more steam..he tore apart the Falcons yesterday and wouldn't be a fitting kick in the pants to Brett Favre's year if Green Bay went to and won the SB this year?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Rodgers is a better QB than Romo.

That's fine though. I'll still take Romo over Rodgers because he is our guy.

But Rodgers can do anything Romo can and then some.