Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Manning?

perrykemp

Reaction score
One area where Rogers is clearly better is picking up rushing yards and rushing TDs... Maybe we can argue the passing stats, however, Rogers is a great athlete and it really shows up when he scrambles.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
perrykemp;3806129 said:
One area where Rogers is clearly better is picking up rushing yards and rushing TDs... Maybe we can argue the passing stats, however, Rogers is a great athlete and it really shows up when he scrambles.

Maybe. But are we forgetting how Romo used to do that too? Remember that 3rd down run against Rams couple of years ago? I mean, without his athletic ability, and the OL cowboys had, would Cowboys be even .500 team?

Again, people are putting too much stock into what have you done for me lately. I think Rodgers is very good and so is Romo. Not a big difference there IMO as far as ability. Maybe Rodger might have slightly stronger arm?? I don't know for sure. He ain't Brett Farve though.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I will defer to those that do this for a living. As Troy said, if he was starting a team, the one QB he said he would want would be Rodgers., I bet if you polled the GMs in the league, they all would say the same thing. And that includes Jerry.

SSGMIKE

Reaction score
:hammer:

FloridaRob;3806280 said:
I will defer to those that do this for a living. As Troy said, if he was starting a team, the one QB he said he would want would be Rodgers., I bet if you polled the GMs in the league, they all would say the same thing. And that includes Jerry.

perrykemp

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3806143 said:
Maybe. But are we forgetting how Romo used to do that too? Remember that 3rd down run against Rams couple of years ago? I mean, without his athletic ability, and the OL cowboys had, would Cowboys be even .500 team?

Again, people are putting too much stock into what have you done for me lately. I think Rodgers is very good and so is Romo. Not a big difference there IMO as far as ability. Maybe Rodger might have slightly stronger arm?? I don't know for sure. He ain't Brett Farve though.

There is no comparison:

Rogers has 13 Rushing TDs over the past three seasons and averages 300 yards rushing per season.

Romo has 1 rushing TD over the past three seasons and averages about 65 yards per season.

I don't care how you slice it or dice it, Romo doesn't compare to Rogers in this area.

Mash

Reaction score
They are both quality QB's.....

Rodger runs better....has a stronger arm and throws on the run so much better then Romo.

One thing we have to understand......Rodgers plays in a real QB friendly system. I mean ...look at McFlabb in the west coast.

Both are very good.....Right now.....Romo is home....Rodgers is still playing....if Rodgers wins the SB.....then its safe to say....Rodgers is a better QB :)

Look at Brees....won a SB and he is considered elite.....Rodger will be in the same company if he wins.

and if Romo doesnt win......he is Danny White.

Its just the way it is.....

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3806347 said:
Sanchez > Brady > Manning

Now we know why certain fans want to compare Tony to Matt Ryan: to distract us from Mark Sanchez (four playoff wins and counting) and Aaron Rodgers.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
perrykemp;3806323 said:
There is no comparison:

Rogers has 13 Rushing TDs over the past three seasons and averages 300 yards rushing per season.

Romo has 1 rushing TD over the past three seasons and averages about 65 yards per season.

I don't care how you slice it or dice it, Romo doesn't compare to Rogers in this area.

Yep, I guess that is true, with those stats. He certainly does run more than Romo.

But personally, only thing that really Rodgers has above Romo is age. He is about 4 years Younger than Romo? So he has much bigger window.

Meanwhile, Sanchez is 4-1 in playoffs..... and we are here talking about how great Rodgers is... And its not like Jets are winning inspite of Sanchez either.

SSGMIKE

Reaction score
This how Big Ben played started off.... Sanchez only been in the league for 2 yrs and keep doing what he doing just wins games who cares about stats.....

bbgun;3806376 said:
Now we know why certain fans want to compare Tony to Matt Ryan: to distract us from Mark Sanchez (four playoff wins and counting) and Aaron Rodgers.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Well since Rodgers cannot win a big game, the wins he just put up are not big but if he loses at Chicago next week, it shows he cannot win a big game.

Stautner

Reaction score
It's hard to talk down about Rodgers after this weekend. Great performance.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Stautner;3807708 said:
It's hard to talk down about Rodgers after this weekend. Great performance.

He sucks. Clearly all their success is due to that inverted wishbone they like to run. The Packers are the most conservative offense in the NFL and are setting Offense in the NFL back 40 years....

;-)

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Rodgers looks like he's going to be something special for years to come. He has a stronger arm, better accuracy, makes great decisions and I can honeslty say has a faster release. He's just better then Romo in every aspect of the game. And it pains to me to admit that.

perrykemp

Reaction score
DallasDomination;3807747 said:
Rodgers looks like he's going to be something special for years to come. He has a stronger arm, better accuracy, makes great decisions and I can honeslty say has a faster release. He's just better then Romo in every aspect of the game. And it pains to me to admit that.

Here is the thing I find slightly interesting -- I don't think he any of those things coming out of college and there was little to indicate he would be this good. He seems, I dare say, self made to a certain extent.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Rodgers was the 2nd QB taken in the first round. There was real debate that he would go #1 overall instead of Smith.

I do think he has worked hard and he greatly benefited by sitting and watching for a few years before being thrown into a starting role. But expectation WERE high for him coming out too.

StylisticS

Reaction score
perrykemp;3807754 said:
Here is the thing I find slightly interesting -- I don't think he any of those things coming out of college and there was little to indicate he would be this good. He seems, I dare say, self made to a certain extent.

So in other words, he is the product of great coaching. Amazing.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Found this artticle. Don't know if it was posted elsewhere.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedc...owboys/stories/011611dnspopackers.80e9b7.html

ATLANTA – You can only hope Tony Romo spent Saturday night somewhere watching Aaron Rodgers' performance against Atlanta, the NFC's top seed. It was fabulous.

Rodgers made a variety of great throws, and it didn't matter whether he was under duress. Too many times to remember, he spun away from potential tacklers, continued looking downfield and found receivers for big gains.
He made excellent decisions, taking the checkdowns when necessary and gambling when appropriate. He rallied the Packers from early deficits of 7-0 and 14-7, leaving the Georgia Dome half-empty entering the fourth quarter, making it easy to hear the frequent "Go! Pack! Go!" cheers from the cheeseheads in attendance.

Pressure? Whatever. Rodgers controlled every facet of the game, which is why Green Bay will play in the NFC Championship Game. Rodgers completed 31 of 36 passes for 366 yards and three touchdowns as the Packers blew out the Falcons, 48-21. Wow.

No one is talking about how he hadn't won a playoff game anymore. Not that they should've been discussing it anyway. After all, he was only 0-1 – and he passed for 423 yards with four touchdowns and an interception in that game. You can hardly blame a 51-45 loss on the quarterback. But the city that produced Bart Starr and Brett Favre has incredibly high standards for its quarterback. The fans expect their quarterback to play at a Hall of Fame level. Do it, and the quarterback is happily handed the key to the city. Fail, and the fans are constantly searching for his replacement.

Sound familiar? Rodgers, though, is moving rapidly toward becoming an elite quarterback. Actually, he appears to have arrived. We're still waiting for Romo to ascend to that level. He's close, but he's not there yet.

The NFL has several good quarterbacks, but we can't even add a quality player such as Romo to the conversation about elite quarterbacks until he wins a playoff game on the road. Rodgers has won postseason road games each of the last two weeks. Romo is 0-2 on the road and 1-3 overall.
When you're debating the best of the best, you have to nitpick because so much of the discussion is subjective.

What's not up for debate is how much Rodgers has evolved in his three seasons as a starter. He has everything you want in a quarterback: athleticism, intelligence and a terrific arm. His elusiveness in the pocket seemingly demoralized the Falcons as much as his completions. He has mastered sliding forward and backward as well as side to side in the pocket to give his receivers additional time to get open.

When he does run, he's decisive. And he does a good job of pump-faking even after he's crossed the line of scrimmage, creating just enough doubt to gain another yard or two. And with the Packers leading 28-14 at halftime, he drove Green Bay 80 yards in 12 plays and 6:32 to start the second half. He covered the last 7 yards on a scramble after his protection broke down, running through a defender at the 2 and falling into the end zone.

We really shouldn't be surprised at how well he played. It's not like we didn't see him slice and dice the Cowboys for 289 yards and three touchdowns in a 45-7 victory in November, resulting in Wade Phillips getting fired the next day.

He finished the season with 3,922 yards with 28 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. Somehow, he didn't make the Pro Bowl. It's unfathomable to think NFL players, coaches and fans didn't think Rodgers was one of the top three quarterbacks in the NFC. Well, they can spend next week watching him, while feeling silly about their decision to leave him off the team.
And it'll give Romo another opportunity to watch Rodgers and think about what he must improve to become one of the NFL's elite quarterbacks.