Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Manning?

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3794777 said:
jessica Szohr from Gossip Girls. She was at the game yesterday and Packers won so they cant even do the jinx thing.

Thanks. She's Ok.:cool:

rcaldw

Reaction score
Stautner;3794400 said:
If he flops in the playoffs, and the team doesn't get any better for another year or two he will get the same treatment as Romo.

Look at McNabb - he has had a hell of a lot more team success than Romo, but the media soured on him because he always fell short of winning it all. Matt Schaub has lost his luster with the media. Duante Culpepper was a golden boy that fell from grace when he constantly fell short of team expectations. Bress was highly successful statistically in San Diego, but lost his shine until he won with the Saints.

And remember - every situation isn't identical, and the media may be faster or slower to get on, or jump off the bandwagon of different people for a variety of reasons. Some of those reasons may be fair, some not, but it would be ridiculous to believe everyone is treated the same by the media except Romo.

Be realistic - the Romo quarterback Cowboys started the year 1-7, and the Rodgers quarterbacked Packers overcame some odds to get to the playoffs and win against Michael Vick, who is a hot story himself, and another example of how the media focus can shift on a player when his fortunes change. Accordingly, is it really that surprising that the media would be on Rodgers bandwagon much more than Romo's?

Realism is not what people on this board do. Whether the stuff of dreams is on the positive side or negative side, objectivity seems to escape us.

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3794789 said:
The way people get all butt hurt when someone is complementary of another QB is amazing.

I still cannot believe people invest so much so the media will behave in "X" manner when they could ignore everything all together and just not watch ESPN, NFL Network or read the articles.

:laugh2: Tell me about it. This Dallas team deserves no press.

Dallas will be back in the mix next year. Right now, it's all about playoff teams. I tell you one thing, I'm soooooo glad the "WHO DAT" nation is put on ice.

Stautner

Reaction score
rcaldw;3794813 said:
Realism is not what people on this board do. Whether the stuff of dreams is on the positive side or negative side, objectivity seems to escape us.

Now there is a simple, inescapable truth.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
This isn't a Cowboy thing...

Not even a Romo thing...

And not one bit a Rodgers thing...

Certainly not a Packer thing...

THIS IS, A BRETT FAVRE THING!

See half the media and people out there HATE #4, he's one of the biggest drama queens/jerks this league has seen in a long time. Might not have always been like that, but that's what the last several years have emerged. And these are the very people whom have made Rodgers what he is in such a relative short time. They want/need someone to usurp the demon Favre from their memories. And if that requires a new "idol" to worship, then so be it. All these same people were guilty of making #4 into an "idol" so why not do it again with the next guy.

Then you've got the regular haters of Favre, the TRUE Packer fans who hate Favre, alongside the long time haters of Favre. All turning their stew and making something out of Rodgers he just isn't quite yet.

And I'll be damned, Rodgers kinda even looks better then Favre ever did. Hell this guy IS better then Favre ever was, already. And all those people above are even starting to see it too.

Now I'm not saying he's better then Romo, because I think at the moment it's still neck/neck between these two. Romo is just trying to do something it's taking eons to do in Dallas (replace Aikman), whereas Rodgers is coming in and doing it on the first try. In the longrun, making the Packers almost look genius in the matter.

I guess only time is going to tell the whole story on this one, but unless Dallas gettings moving here, this decade is going to go to the Packers over us and it's because of Rodgers.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Stautner;3794400 said:
If he flops in the playoffs, and the team doesn't get any better for another year or two he will get the same treatment as Romo.

Look at McNabb - he has had a hell of a lot more team success than Romo, but the media soured on him because he always fell short of winning it all. Matt Schaub has lost his luster with the media. Duante Culpepper was a golden boy that fell from grace when he constantly fell short of team expectations. Bress was highly successful statistically in San Diego, but lost his shine until he won with the Saints.

And remember - every situation isn't identical, and the media may be faster or slower to get on, or jump off the bandwagon of different people for a variety of reasons. Some of those reasons may be fair, some not, but it would be ridiculous to believe everyone is treated the same by the media except Romo.

Be realistic - the Romo quarterback Cowboys started the year 1-7, and the Rodgers quarterbacked Packers overcame some odds to get to the playoffs and win against Michael Vick, who is a hot story himself, and another example of how the media focus can shift on a player when his fortunes change. Accordingly, is it really that surprising that the media would be on Rodgers bandwagon much more than Romo's?

Excellent post.. i agree. Its got nothing to do with what emblem you have on your helmet, no matter how much some fans want to believe it.

Reaction score
Troy is an idiot plain and simple. Rodgers will never be in the elite class of Brady or Manning. Rodgers didn't even play that well, it was all John Starks and the Packers defense. I'll still take Romo, Rivers, and a healthy Mike Vick over Rodgers any day of the week.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
casmith07;3794351 said:
Exactly what I knew would happen. This is why I wanted the Packers to lose.

ditto

Of course I am going to say he has to win the next one or he hasn't proven anything. I hope the Falcons destroy them.

Stautner

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3794979 said:
ditto

Of course I am going to say he has to win the next one or he hasn't proven anything. I hope the Falcons destroy them.

You wanted the Packers to lose because you felt a win would cause the media to treat Rodgers better than it treats Romo?

Sounds pretty darn silly to me to choose team preferences based on the ever changing bandwagon jumping of the media, or to have any jeolousy over a perception that the media treats one guy better than the guy you prefer.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Stautner;3794992 said:
You wanted the Packers to lose because you felt a win would cause the media to treat Rodgers better than it treats Romo?

Sounds pretty darn silly to me to choose team preferences based on the ever changing bandwagon jumping of the media, or to have any jeolousy over a perception that the media treats one guy better than the guy you prefer.

Petty, no? Like Tony cares how he's rated against Rodgers? Cowboy fans are always shocked to learn that there are other excellent players in the league.

Stautner

Reaction score
bbgun;3795003 said:
Petty, no? Like Tony cares how he's rated against Rodgers? Cowboy fans are always shocked to learn that there are other excellent players in the league.

This appears to be true, as if the media jumping on the bandwagon of one player that is having success means they are slapping the face of a Cowboy who plays the same position.

Rodgers is a young, good looking QB who is having success and whose team is moving ahead. And he is doing it while directly following in the footsteps of Favre. That's exactly the kind of thing the media latches onto. Why would it be a surprise the media is doing it when that's what they always do.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
my brother (also a Dallas fan) and I got into a big debate yesterday. He claims that Romo is the 9th best QB in the NFL.

He had it: 1. Brady 1a. Manning 3. Brees 4. Vick 5. Rodgers 6. Rivers 7. Roethlisberger 8. Matt Ryan 9. Romo 10. Schaub

I argued that outside the top 3, you couldn't say any of them were definitely better than Romo. He swears up and down that Vick, Rodgers, Rivers, Roethlisberger and Ryan are a better QB than Romo. So yeah, I've seen it firsthand, even Cowboys fans believe it.

Stautner

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;3795014 said:
my brother (also a Dallas fan) and I got into a big debate yesterday. He claims that Romo is the 9th best QB in the NFL.

He had it: 1. Brady 1a. Manning 3. Brees 4. Vick 5. Rodgers 6. Rivers 7. Roethlisberger 8. Matt Ryan 9. Romo 10. Schaub

I argued that outside the top 3, you couldn't say any of them were definitely better than Romo. He swears up and down that Vick, Rodgers, Rivers, Roethlisberger and Ryan are a better QB than Romo. So yeah, I've seen it firsthand, even Cowboys fans believe it.

Top 3 is correct. Next 10 could go in almost any order.

I would dop Vick based on no history of playing to the level he did this year and the possibility this year was an aberration, and I would drop Ryan based on just not having proven to be special - he's good and he's solid, but he really hasn't shown he can carry the team if need be.

Rodgers, Rivers, Roethlesberger and Romo can really be put in any order depending on the preference of the person doing the rating and the criteria used.

DFWJC

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;3795014 said:

Yeah, the debates begins after the top 3 or so.

Then again, all of those guys on his list (except maybe Ryan at this early stage) could easily be listed equal to or ahead of Tony.

It would be a decent debate either way. I say Tony is a bit higher than 9th for sure, but that's me.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Stautner;3795025 said:
Top 3 is correct. Next 10 could go in almost any order.

I would dop Vick based on no history of playing to the level he did this year and the possibility this year was an aberration, and I would drop Ryan based on just not having proven to be special - he's good and he's solid, but he really hasn't shown he can carry the team if need be.

Rodgers, Rivers, Roethlesberger and Romo can really be put in any order depending on the preference of the person doing the rating and the criteria used.

I agree Rogers, Romo and Rivers are pretty interchangeable. Of the three I think we have the best of them for this team though.

Stautner

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3795036 said:
I agree Rogers, Romo and Rivers are pretty interchangeable. Of the three I think we have the best of them for this team though.

Roethlesberger is a different type of QB than Romo and Rodgers. Not saying he couldn't fit in Dallas, but Rodgers talents are more similar to Romos and I'm sure he could step in and do well.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers right now is the better QB. Romo is awesome but Aaron Rodgers is the better QB right now.

Stautner

Reaction score
AKATheRake;3795098 said:
Aaron Rodgers right now is the better QB. Romo is awesome but Aaron Rodgers is the better QB right now.

This may or may not be true, but what certainly is true is that after going 1-6 this year and then missing the entire 2nd half of the season it's on Romo to prove his place more than it is Rodgers.

Mash

Reaction score
Even tho im not a fan of Roethlesberger......doesnt the guy have 2 Super Bowls? Seems like a winner .....

Rodgers is up and comming......Rivers has put up some real solid numbers.....Romo too.....

Its Manning and Brady......then I think Roethlesberger is next with Brees....then the others like Rodgers...Rivers and Romo. I like Matt Ryan...but he isnt there yet.....Vick? hmmm.....I want to see what he does next year. He is a dynamic player....but as a overall QB? Im not sold of him yet. Reid system makes alot of QB's look good :)

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
So if Falcons do beat Packers, does than mean Matt is now better than Tony, as well as Aaron?