Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Manning?

Stautner

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3795149 said:
So if Falcons do beat Packers, does than mean Matt is now better than Tony, as well as Aaron?

I don't know that anyone is saying Rodgers is better than Romo based on a single playoff win.

es22

Reaction score
Rodgers is a complete QB. As much as it pains me, I would rather have him over Romo who takes too many risks.

I would never root for Philly over GB. Cant stand the Eagles (most hated team)

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
es22;3795491 said:
Rodgers is a complete QB. As much as it pains me, I would rather have him over Romo who takes too many risks.

I would never root for Philly over GB. Cant stand the Eagles (most hated team)

Rodgers is 7-15 in games decided by 7 points or less. That in a nutshell is not a elite QB category. Romo is pretty much over .500 in close games.

Not only that Aaron Rodgers is way less than .500 against good teams, i.e. teams with winning records. While Romo I believe is bit over .500 in the same.

Last year Rodgers pretty much gave the game away at the end, against Cardinals. He missed WR open that could have won the game and then gets sacked and fumbles the ball away for TD.

He was real lucky that Vick turned out to be the goat yesterday, eventhough its clear Packers were superior team all round, despite their injuries.

But this fantasy football world, Aaaron Rodgers is the king.

EDIT: Doesn't mean Aaron Rodgers isn't a very good QB. He is not an elite QB like Manning/Brady or Brees. Only other QBs that can currently be mentioned in those three strastosphere would be Rivers somewhat and as much I hate it, maybe Ben Rothlisberger. His two SB rings makes him be in that category by default.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3795592 said:
Rodgers is 7-15 in games decided by 7 points or less. That in a nutshell is not a elite QB category. Romo is pretty much over .500 in close games.

Not only that Aaron Rodgers is way less than .500 against good teams, i.e. teams with winning records. While Romo I believe is bit over .500 in the same.

Last year Rodgers pretty much gave the game away at the end, against Cardinals. He missed WR open that could have won the game and then gets sacked and fumbles the ball away for TD.

He was real lucky that Vick turned out to be the goat yesterday, eventhough its clear Packers were superior team all round, despite their injuries.

But this fantasy football world, Aaaron Rodgers is the king.

EDIT: Doesn't mean Aaron Rodgers isn't a very good QB. He is not an elite QB like Manning/Brady or Brees. Only other QBs that can currently be mentioned in those three strastosphere would be Rivers somewhat and as much I hate it, maybe Ben Rothlisberger. His two SB rings makes him be in that category by default.

What's Romo's record in games decided by 7 points or less?

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3795648 said:
What's Romo's record in games decided by 7 points or less?

I tried to get all that out, all I could find was he was around .53 against good teams i..e above .500 record teams. While Rodgers was comes around way below .500 against good teams.

Now those don't count this year record for Romo though.

Its not even me that is pointing out his absymal record against good teams, but Colin Cowherd, who does like Rodgers who pointed out Rodgers numbers in close games. Heck even Trent Dilfer who loves Rodgers agreed, he is not elite category yet. Now Trent loves Tony Romo too.

If I had time and inclination to do it, I probably could map out all games Romo played since 2006 and get exact numbers, but too lazy to do that.

Just looking at 2009, it was .500 or 3-3 in close games. Just as sample. Two of those loses were against Giants though.

While Rodgers was 2-3 in 2009.

67CowboysFan

Reaction score
casmith07;3794351 said:
Exactly what I knew would happen. This is why I wanted the Packers to lose.
I want them to win it all!!! What a great way to send that ego maniac in MN into retirement. Let him watch his old team win. :)

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3795663 said:
I tried to get all that out, all I could find was he was around .53 against good teams i..e above .500 record teams. While Rodgers was comes around way below .500 against good teams.

Its not even me that is pointing out his absymal record against good teams, but Colin Cowherd, who does like Rodgers who pointed out Rodgers numbers in close games. Heck even Trent Dilfer who loves Rodgers agreed, he is not elite category yet. Now Trent loves Tony Romo too.

If I had time and inclination to do it, I probably could map out all games Romo played since 2006 and get exact numbers, but too lazy to do that.

Just looking at 2009, it was .500 or 3-3 in close games. Just as sample. Two of those loses were against Giants though.

I did it for ya.

Rodgers is 9-17 in games decided by less than 7 points in his career.

Over the past 3 seasons, Romo is 7-12 in games decided by 7 points.

Over his career, Romo is 13-18 in games decided by less than 7.

Seems like you have your facts a little confused.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3795680 said:
I did it for ya.

Rodgers is 9-17 in games decided by less than 7 points in his career.

Over the past 3 seasons, Romo is 7-12 in games decided by 7 points.

Over his career, Romo is 13-18 in games decided by less than 7.

Seems like you have your facts a little confused.

Ok, thanks, I stand corrected there. Probably am. I could only find winning percentage against good teams for Romo and not close games.

Rodgers stats is from Radio, so can't say I did the research.

Either way, it proves that Romo is better than Rodgers in that category, not as good as I thought he was.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3795663 said:

I'd like to see the actual numbers of both QB's win/loss against good teams.

Seeing as how your numbers for how they do in close games were vague and off, i'd imagine the other stats are too.

Actually, if you don't count playoff games, in 2009, Rodgers was 3-3 in close games and Romo was 4-4. (Games decided by less than 7.)

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;3795687 said:
Ok, thanks, I stand corrected there. Probably am. I could only find winning percentage against good teams for Romo and not close games.

Rodgers stats is from Radio, so can't say I did the research.

Either way, it proves that Romo is better than Rodgers in that category, not as good as I thought he was.

Romo is better, but they both have pretty terrible records in close games.

Im not sure how relevant that stat is to how good a QB is, but they have both sucked in that situation.

Peyton just lost a close game last week, but if you look inside the stats, he drove his team down at the end of the game to score and take the lead.

His D and ST then blew it for him. Not really his fault, except that he hasn't learned to play defense yet.

rash

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Rodgers is the 3rd best QB in this league.

I'm sorry, but I'll take him over Romo any day...

burmafrd

Reaction score
Rodgers is behind Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rivers, Rapist at least.

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;3795014 said:
my brother (also a Dallas fan) and I got into a big debate yesterday. He claims that Romo is the 9th best QB in the NFL.

He had it: 1. Brady 1a. Manning 3. Brees 4. Vick 5. Rodgers 6. Rivers 7. Roethlisberger 8. Matt Ryan 9. Romo 10. Schaub

I argued that outside the top 3, you couldn't say any of them were definitely better than Romo. He swears up and down that Vick, Rodgers, Rivers, Roethlisberger and Ryan are a better QB than Romo. So yeah, I've seen it firsthand, even Cowboys fans believe it.

I still say 10th or 11th.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3795704 said:
Romo is better, but they both have pretty terrible records in close games.

Im not sure how relevant that stat is to how good a QB is, but they have both sucked in that situation.

Peyton just lost a close game last week, but if you look inside the stats, he drove his team down at the end of the game to score and take the lead.

His D and ST then blew it for him. Not really his fault, except that he hasn't learned to play defense yet.

Dude not sure where you getting your stats, I counted games where it was 4 points or less margin.

Rodgers was 0-10 till this past playoff victory!! Thats amazing. So his record is 1-11, in games decided by 4 points or less. I don't care what his in game stats are, that is very bad. Even if say you discount 6 of those games or majority as not his fault, its still incredible.

I think Romo is got 6-8 including both playoff losses, which were close ( excluding Minny game). All upto 2010 since he started ( i took out games Rom was injured or out and same with Rodgers).