Romo destination odds

ufcrules1

Reaction score
He's still the best QB on the roster, and Jerry wants to keep him here. But Romo wants to play.

He'll likely be released. Most of the local media that his looked into it suggest a trade is not possible because teams won't take on his salary, so he'll just be released.

He is not the best QB on the roster but you are entitled to your opinion.. no matter how wrong it is. :) A trade is very possible for a desperate team. Romo would fill seats in a stadium as well as be a good QB for the team he goes to.

Gameover

Reaction score
I hope Romo doesn't go to Houston because I don't want the Texans to win a Super Bowl with our guy.
they won't!

He's too old, too broken down, too many bad instincts for that to happen.

He'll find a way to screw it up!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Erod is either Tony Romo himself or related to Romo. Ha

The 'act' is old, stale, and inaccurate. The fact is that Prescott put up better overall numbers than Aaron Rodgers did in that game. But that blows his whole 'crusade' to ****, which is what it is.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This could be interesting

"Michael Lomardi on BS Podcast" doesn't sound quite right but you're right about it being interesting. If healthy, Romo could flourish in the AFC West. As things currently stand, Oakland would be Kansas City's primary competition in the division with the Raiders trying to correct their offensive formula and San Diego transitioning to Los Angeles.

BigDave95

Reaction score
I don't see him getting traded. Teams will just wait.

The most likely scenario is that he's released in June, and he signs where he wants. Dallas gets nothing but a couple million in cap space. That's it.

There is zero chance that they wait until June to release him. He will be traded or released much sooner so he can fully participate in his new team's offseason program. Even if Dallas decides to split up his cap hit, which I don't think they will, they would release him earlier and designate him a June 1 cut.

And Romo for Clowney is hilarious. Wow. Even if you start throwing in picks, it's still funny.

erod

Reaction score
He is not the best QB on the roster but you are entitled to your opinion.. no matter how wrong it is. :) A trade is very possible for a desperate team. Romo would fill seats in a stadium as well as be a good QB for the team he goes to.
He's the best on the roster, and it's not even intellectually debatable. That doesn't mean he's the best to go with for the long term.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I keep wondering if a deal could be worked out for Clowney. It's likely a long shot, but given what the team would be paying out for some of their elite players, and at quarterback between Romo and the Osweiler debacle, I don't see where they would have the room to keep Clowney too.

They got good pass rushers under contract in Mercilus and Watt, so maybe they'd be willing to part with Clowney as part of a deal for Romo too?

I'm not sure how realistic it is, but it's something I've personally thought about.
That would be nice but I can't see them parting with him.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Chiefs would be an awesome spot for them. Are they finally ready to move on from Smith, though?

Can you imagine how Romo would look with the Chiefs? Assuming he plays a whole season. Alex Smith is really underrated, but Romo'd be a huge upgrade for them if he could stay in the lineup. Andy Reid is a great coach, too. I'd like to see this happen.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
How does he have a higher chance of playing for the Jags or Browns than retiring?

Anyway, I think Houston, Den and KC are his best options. Three amazing defenses where he won't have to be superman to win at his age.
I think retirement should be right after these three.