Romo destination odds

T-RO

Reaction score
3/4 of the teams on this list are complete non-starters.

Romo will need to be agreeable to any trade and he won't agree to go to any team that lacks good offensive weapons (and line) and also has a realistic title shot.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I wouldn't rule out AZ if they decide to replace Palmer with Romo. They're going to have to hang onto Palmer until they have Romo in the fold but it wouldn't surprise me if Romo ends up there. If he could somehow stay healthy he would be a better option than Palmer and AZ was the best team not to make the playoffs.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But they would still be paying Osweiler $19 million to be a backup. Not happening, imo.

They're doing that anyway. It's a sunk cost that they can't get out of for 2017.

The question is, do they allow that mistake to cost them their 2017 season like it did in 2016? I think that they can juggle their cap for 2017 to add a truly competent quarterback and make themselves true contenders.

A better question is how they can afford to pay Clowney and Hopkins the huge money it will take to keep them on top of their other deals?

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I think Romo meant Prescott was the team's quarterback going forward without exception. I may have misinterpreted what he was saying between the lines but there was a definite tone of finality to his Statement that's stretches beyond simple disappointment.

I agree with that.. but that also assumes he is not in Dallas next year. I think he views his time in Dallas as over and was giving Dak the job moving forward. However, if they decide to keep him and force him to be the back up.. then I think that changes things.

rynochop

Reaction score
I hate the Texans fans too as most of my friends support them. After listening to them rag on Romo for years, it would be sweet justice to see him change their minds in a flash and they would worship him. I bet some would say that they never dogged on him too :muttley:

Of course, it would kill me to watch Romo take them further than he did with us :(
It would be funny that it would take a former cowboy who they've hated on for a decade to lead them too the promised land.
Listening to sports radio yesterday they were already singing the praises of the possibility of him coming there. I hate to admit I'd probably become a passive fan if it happened since they're in the AFC

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with that.. but that also assumes he is not in Dallas next year. I think he views his time in Dallas as over and was giving Dak the job moving forward. However, if they decide to keep him and force him to be the back up.. then I think that changes things.
I calculate the possibility of Romo being forced to remain on the roster at about 4%. Lloyd Christmas would correct me by saying there is a chance though.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I calculate the possibility of Romo being forced to remain on the roster at about 4%. Lloyd Christmas would correct me by saying there is a chance though.

By my calculations, you are wrong Sir! My studies indicate a 0.0% chance of Romo being on the Cowboys, opening day 2017.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
By my calculations, you are wrong Sir! My studies indicate a 0.0% chance of Romo being on the Cowboys, opening day 2017.
I could see his wife and kids talking him into taking 5m to be Dak's bak up....... he could be the bak up for 3-4 more years

He has made 130m dollars and probably wants to play golf again and play with his kids for the rest of his life

They just bought a huge house north of Frisco and does he want to travel to SF or DEN or BUFF for 8 months

sean10mm

Reaction score
How and why is Arizoner not on the list?

Carson Palmer is not legally dead, technically.

Other than that I don't know.

Speaking of which, Carson Palmer was always hilariously overrated. He's always been a drastically worse passer than Romo, and has 1 postseason win in 13 beepin' seasons, yet always gets treated with kid gloves by the media.

And Romo never had a massive choke-job on par with Palmer's 4 picks + 2 lost fumbles bed wetting against the Panthers, holy crap.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could see his wife and kids talking him into taking 5m to be Dak's bak up....... he could be the bak up for 3-4 more years

He has made 130m dollars and probably wants to play golf again and play with his kids for the rest of his life

They just bought a huge house north of Frisco and does he want to travel to SF or DEN or BUFF for 8 months
Why would you believe Candice would talk her husband into taking a backup role that I assume she is fully aware he does not want? There is inherent injury risk for anyone stepping onto a football field, so taking a backup role would not eliminate risk of injury for her husband who would be only a play away from re-assuming his starting role.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Why would you believe Candice would talk her husband into taking a backup role that I assume she is fully aware he does not want? There is inherent injury risk for anyone stepping onto a football field, so taking a backup role would not eliminate risk of injury for her husband who would be only a play away from re-assuming his starting role.
That is the what families do..... they only want a healthy Daddy.... and he still has the best shot at ring with DAL

Plus it would be more of a third string thing........ hell, keep KMoore to take the reps and the hits if Dak misses short time..........if he is out long term that is where Tony steps in

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is the what families do..... they only want a healthy Daddy.... and he still has the best shot at ring with DAL

Plus it would be more of a third string thing........ hell, keep KMoore to take the reps and the hits if Dak misses short time..........if he is out long term that is where Tony steps in
Every loving family wants a "healthy Daddy." This assumption would preclude Candice (since the children would lack the comprehensive skills of knowing the full health implications of playing contact sports) would have talked her husband into retiring a long time ago. The same assumption would have many players retiring due to spousal concern.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Every loving family wants a "healthy Daddy." This assumption would preclude Candice (since the children would lack the comprehensive skills of knowing the full health implications of playing contact sports) would have talked her husband into retiring a long time ago. The same assumption would have many players retiring due to spousal concern.
I am not going to argue over what Tony may decide......no one knows

I was just showing how DAL is a viable option

Dirk took less, Tim Duncan took less, Big Papi took less......yeah they had won but some players like to stay home