Romo destination odds

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They got to play. Romo won't. He won't accept that in 2017.
This is why I keep harping on what Romo told everyone in The Statement. He wants his old job back. Prescott has his old job in Dallas. There's only one solution to his predicament and it's not retirement or seeking to be a backup.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand the retirement opinion but is Romo's odds of landing in the Canadian Football League and Arena Football League an attempt at humor or something else?
Retirement is the only serious part, because at 37, and fragile, there is no other option.

Honestly, if his back permits, he is still young for golf and with a year on the amateur tour he could surprise folks.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Retirement is the only serious part, because at 37, and fragile, there is no other option.

Honestly, if his back permits, he is still young for golf and with a year on the amateur tour he could surprise folks.
Well, that rehashes your retirement opinion, which I had already said I understood.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I could see his wife and kids talking him into taking 5m to be Dak's bak up....... he could be the bak up for 3-4 more years

He has made 130m dollars and probably wants to play golf again and play with his kids for the rest of his life

They just bought a huge house north of Frisco and does he want to travel to SF or DEN or BUFF for 8 months

Anything is possible. But I would be shocked. I put him staying in Dallas to play back up to an inferior QB about the same as me winning the lottery.. and I don't play the lottery. By the way, I don't think any of the 3 teams you mentioned will even be on the list of places he chooses from. I could AZ, HOU, KC, Jacksonville, and maybe the bears in a long shot.

Hou would make the most sense,, short ride home after the game and few days at home and back again.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score

the only way Romo retires is if he gets released and no one wants him at all, for any position. Which is not going to happen. Romo will play in 2017, and he will play at a very high level and assuming he goes to a team with a half decent roster, he will be in the playoffs.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I am not going to argue over what Tony may decide......no one knows

I was just showing how DAL is a viable option

Dirk took less, Tim Duncan took less, Big Papi took less......yeah they had won but some players like to stay home
Those are in no way comparable. In those sports, you'd still get to play.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
But Houston can?

I think I've identified a flaw in your logic.

He won't be a backup in Houston. He will be a starter there and they can in fact pay his salary. Here he is drastically overpriced backup. So you have identified a flat in your logic my friend. Not mine.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
the only way Romo retires is if he gets released and no one wants him at all, for any position. Which is not going to happen. Romo will play in 2017, and he will play at a very high level and assuming he goes to a team with a half decent roster, he will be in the playoffs.

Or he will just get a hurt again like he has the last 2 seasons and screw over his new team.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Those are in no way comparable. In those sports, you'd still get to play.
They got to play. Romo won't. He won't accept that in 2017.
I think he had his chance......if he won the Super Bowl next year from the bench I bet he would be pretty flippin happy

But like I said......if he wants to start then trade him and get maximum value for DAL, not his new team

coogrfan

Reaction score
He won't be a backup in Houston. He will be a starter there and they can in fact pay his salary. Here he is drastically overpriced backup. So you have identified a flat in your logic my friend. Not mine.

Osweiler ain't going anywhere, getting rid of him would result in $25 million in dead money. So if the Cowboys can't afford to pay Romo $20 mil to sit on the bench, how can Houston pay both Brock ($19 million this season) and Romo?

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Houston is his best option IMO, unless it's Denver. But either way, Romo will do well in any team. I think he's going to turn around any team he goes to. I'm going to root for him. I hope he does well.

willia451

Reaction score
This whole Romo business should keep the off-season interesting to say the least.

Coy

Reaction score
"Michael Lomardi on BS Podcast" doesn't sound quite right but you're right about it being interesting. If healthy, Romo could flourish in the AFC West. As things currently stand, Oakland would be Kansas City's primary competition in the division with the Raiders trying to correct their offensive formula and San Diego transitioning to Los Angeles.

Plus he would play @Dallas, not many people would watch.....