News: Romo restructured according to the FAN

Common Sense

Reaction score
I have very little understanding of the Cap and how it works. etc etc. All the loop holes, etc etc.

But from what I read, on here, and other forums and articles, no one ever mentioned restructuring Romo in order to pay Hardy and Ro....In fact, the argument was made that there wouldn't be a restructuring of Romo this year.....at all. I'm sure some did mention it, but the line that Romo would have to restructure because of the Hardy signing and draft picks, and Ro was barely mentioned...

And we know nothing can be commented on AP becuase of tampering rules, and that AP/APs agent , the Vikings, and teams that may be interested in AP , are all playing this negotiation game; "The Dance".

ummmm.. These tweets about what its for or what its not for, I dont trust.......no matter who its coming from.... one thing is fact. We just restructured Romo and freed up 13mil....

Dallas' cap space before restructuring Romo (NOT including McClain): http://overthecap.com/calculator/dallas-cowboys

I really don't understand what's so hard to understand about all of this.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
just heard on 105.3 the fan that its rare teams free up that much cap space for incentives for other players at this time. rare but not unheard of. just rare. another words its not typical. SO AP/AD OR WHAT? :)

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
This is to have room for Mcclain, Rookies, Hardys cap hits and it still may not be enough depending on Hardys suspension length. For those speculating about AP, they simply won't have enough room without reworking Carr and extending Dez. If AP was brought in, they would almost have to rework/cut Carr AND re-sign Dez and even that would likely leave them with little wiggle room. Frankly put, AP is extremely unlikely imo.

They will restructure Dez - whether or not AP lands here. No way they'll let him go into the season with the distraction that would be a franchise tag and a one year deal.

You're underestimating the creativity allowed under the cap. They could rework Dez, sign AP, draft picks and still have room for another FA.

LittleD

Reaction score
This is the ticket, ladies and gentlemen. My spidey senses tell me that the Cowboys have gotten word from the league that Greg Hardy's suspension, if anything at all, will not be as substantial as the media idiots have been throwing around.

With those incentives being worth up to $8M+ ($11M total contract value, estimated), you have to have the cap room to pay them out - that money isn't off the money tree in Jerry's back yard. With the addition of Rolando it only makes even more sense to add a little more flexibility.

They have not gotten any word from the league according to Broaddus. He has heard rumblings
from inside VR that the suspension will likely be worse than people expect but that the NFLPA
will appeal and most likely go to court over it.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
They have not gotten any word from the league according to Broaddus. He has heard rumblings
from inside VR that the suspension will likely be worse than people expect but that the NFLPA
will appeal and most likely go to court over it.

The same Broaddus who said Kelvin Benjamin would be a scrub at best.

Common Sense

Reaction score
So the consensuses opinion is, they restructured Romo, a move that was discounted by many just yesterday, to sign Ro, make cash available for Hardy and sign draft picks....

okay.

Oh, I get it. You're one of those guys who thinks there's no possible way the moon landing took place.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
That is some serious cap relief. I wonder if it's for anything special.

LittleD

Reaction score
The same Broaddus who said Kelvin Benjamin would be a scrub at best.

Take it as you will. It was discussed Tuesday on Talking Cowboys between Brian and Mickey.
I have no idea what will happen and guess what...neither do you!!!

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Oh, I get it. You're one of those guys who thinks there's no possible way the moon landing took place.

huh? moon landing? That was easy.

But a bunch of sports pundits and fans trying to make sense of the cap and moves made in relation to the cap? Seems to be tricky...:)

Besides, questioning landing on the moon is sooo old. Its 9/11 now.

MagicMan

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks the FO is happy with starting the season with the RBs on the roster right now are delusional. A team that lives and dies by the run game, has invested heavily on the beef up front, has just let go their All Pro NFL leading rusher, knows not to burden Romo with 30+ passes a game and has established a blue print for victory that emphasizes the run is NOT going to rely solely on these guys and probably even a rookie RB.

Making room in the cap is setting up a scenario where they can make a run at you know who------someone ready to hit the ground running, literally. And take them to the next level. You hand the keys of a Maserati to a pro, not a pmiple faced kid who just got his learner's permit.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
They will restructure Dez - whether or not AP lands here. No way they'll let him go into the season with the distraction that would be a franchise tag and a one year deal.

You're underestimating the creativity allowed under the cap. They could rework Dez, sign AP, draft picks and still have room for another FA.

Dez alone won't be enough for AP and it definitely won't be enough for AP and a FA. Dez only creates around 6m in room. The Romo restructure has enough room for Hardy, Mcclain and Rookies. That means AP coming likely means you have to do a deal with Dez and likely have to redo Carr almost immediately. That also means the Cowboys would have very little left to carry into the season. I'm not underestimating anything, if anything, your underestimating the number and difficulty of moves that need to be done for AP to even fit financially.