Romo speaks to the media **merged**

Animosity

Reaction score
If Manning with all his playoff wins and Super Bowl championship was cut by the Colts and still showed nothing but class, than I expected the same from 2 playoff win Tony Romo. Very nice.

khiladi

Reaction score
Romo's body didn't give out on him. Garrett being unable to adjust to a blitz took its toll on him, like it would have anybody else.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
well he might take less than his current pay, or whatever next years is.
I just think this was all a little early and final, I think dak should get the rest of the year., but still not sure
he is as great as he seems.
The rest of the season will tell more about that.
Then you don't understand the competitive nature of someone like Romo. He wants to play .

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
It was a goofy "press conference" to me. I criticized a few people for saying he shouldn't have done it before it started, but I kind of agree with them now. Just seeing the wide range of interpretations of it in social media shows how confusing it was. It was really unconventional if you think about it. Should have just said a few statements at his locker. I do admire his motives.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo's body didn't give out on him. Garrett being unable to adjust to a blitz took its toll on him, like it would have anybody else.

Exactly.

On planet I'm Apparently Not Very Sure What I"m Watching.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
That is what really ticks me off, because this whole thing is like Dallas had taken off because Romo is no longer the starting QB, when he's the one that took all the bruises and injuries because Jason Garrett couldn't adjust to a blitz and refused to even use play action or screen plays.

Now that the OC is doing thins we've never seen, the OL is crushing everybody and we got Zeke, it's as if Romo always had this but he's the reason this team failed..

It's unfortunate you have to try to turn everything into a Garrett argument. Otherwise you would be a good poster.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It was a goofy "press conference" to me. I criticized a few people for saying he shouldn't have done it before it started, but I kind of agree with them now. Just seeing the wide range of interpretations of it in social media shows how confusing it was. It was really unconventional if you think about it. Should have just said a few statements at his locker. I do admire his motives.
Yep . Goofiest press conference I've ever seen. Totally unnecessary.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Man - after 2014 trolls against Romo were pretty much silenced. Last year without him it was the same.

A young guy steps up and finally shows a way that this team can build for the next few years and they come back out of no where and kick a dude while he's down.

What in the world do you people get from that? Does it make you feel good? Do you actually feel like a better human being when you insult a guy you've never met at a time in his life that is clearly tough for him?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Aw ok. Well, they have..as much as they're going to. Jerry stated after the game Romo would be the backup. He reiterated that point in a morning radio call to The Fan this morning. Said Romo would set a record as the most expensive backup in NFL history. Check the Newsfeed Zone. Several articles were written about it.

Honestly, I think this is just Romo speaking to the media simply because he hasn't while he'd been rehabbing. Nothing more. Nothing less.

It's still big news, and quite frankly, I'm surprised you're downplaying it. He's remained silent this whole time and basically acquiesced his starting role to Dak.

How is this not a big deal to one of the biggest media suppliers of CZ?

With all due respect, WG. This is huge. This is our potential history.

He's been our starter for ten years. There is no down-playing, seeing Tony on that podium is sobering. If it isn't for you, it certainly is for a lot of us fans...

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
It's still big news, and quite frankly, I'm surprised you're downplaying it.

He's been our starter for ten years. There is no down-playing, seeing Tony on that podium is sobering. If it isn't for you, it certainly is for a lot of us fans...
But it shouldn't have been sobering... that's the problem. It should have been a non-event, but now it's been turned into a Lifetime mini-movie.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's still big news, and quite frankly, I'm surprised you're downplaying it.

I'm a Romo fan. I'm a Cowboys fan, but I never get too high or too low when it comes to the Cowboys. I just pay attention to what the Cowboys do and try to enjoy the ride.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I think Tony goes nowhere next year but if he does he will obviously pick a team close that has QB issues of their own by seasons end. I keep reading Jets. He won't touch that dumpster fire..though they have weapons
I'm thinking Denver. Houston might have been a good place if they already didn't pay all that money to that scrub. I think if he leaves it will be for a contender. No reason for him to play for an alsoran.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm sure no one forced Romo to give this press conference. One thing you can always count on around here is people looking to place blame on someone or something. As of now Romo will back up and if he is forced into action I have no doubt this team is in good hands. What the future holds for Romo right now is pure speculation.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
It's settled. It's also a copout by Jones and Garrett in my book.
Yeah I didn't mean it as a backhand to JJ/JG but that's what it was; a cop out on their part. I think from a PR standpoint maybe Romo announcing it himself would pull the rug from under the media in terms of a QB controversy bc it wasn't "just" a management decision, etc. Hey, Romo said it himself; team and player decision. They'll still make something out of it, but love the idea of Romo as back up going into the playoffs and still believe would be a top 10 QB in this league (if back is fully healthy).

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I'm really surprised at some of the non-chalant replies to this heartfelt and historic press conference. Shame on you to the folks downplaying this. Leave your personal vendetta or agenda at the door, this is Tony Romo's potential good-bye speech. It's sad I even need to point that out.

For those saying this is not a big deal, or another "day at the office," you must live one hell of an exciting life.

etw926

Reaction score
If Manning with all his playoff wins and Super Bowl championship was cut by the Colts and still showed nothing but class, than I expected the same from 2 playoff win Tony Romo. Very nice.
And if there are others that are willing to stop posting, then I expect the same from you troll.

cowboyfreak

Reaction score
There is a LIKE button . I sure wish there was a DISLIKE button. Some of you couch warmers really show your lack of respect and class.