Romo speaks to the media **merged**

Iago33

Reaction score
It's still big news, and quite frankly, I'm surprised you're downplaying it. He's remained silent this whole time and basically acquiesced his starting role to Dak.

How is this not a big deal to one of the biggest media suppliers of CZ?

With all due respect, WG. This is huge. This is our potential history.

He's been our starter for ten years. There is no down-playing, seeing Tony on that podium is sobering. If it isn't for you, it certainly is for a lot of us fans...
This was a bit like Roger's retirement press conference.

Animosity

Reaction score
And if there are others that are willing to stop posting, then I expect the same from you troll.

Werent you one of the posters here who kept saying Romo would come back and reclaim his starting job? Time for you to eat some crow.

mrmojo

Reaction score
I'm really surprised at some of the non-chalant replies to this heartfelt and historic press conference. Shame on you to the folks downplaying this. Leave your personal vendetta or agenda at the door, this is Tony Romo's potential good-bye speech. It's sad I even need to point that out.

For those saying this is not a big deal, or another "day at the office," you must live one hell of an exciting life.
Stop the pity party, Romo is still on the team and will probably be needed some time down the line, it's a long season

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I'm just gonna say it again, and I have a more articulate post somewhere in this thread on this subject, shame on you if you downplay this press conference. Whether you're a Dak fan or Tony fan or both. Truly historic for 21st century Cowboys ball, and perhaps a passing of the guard.

weaver21

Reaction score
Stop the pity party, Romo is still on the team and will probably be needed some time down the line, it's a long season

It's likely Romo will not see another snap for the Cowboys. Tony knows this and that's why he gave that press conference. This is Dak's team now and unless he's injured, we will not see Romo in a game.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Playing with house money just evaporated.
Your team now Dak.
He's great with pressure, and I'm sure he'll be fine.
But this is different now.
I would think this just took a great deal of pressure off Dak.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Playing with house money just evaporated.
Your team now Dak.
He's great with pressure, and I'm sure he'll be fine.
But this is different now.

Agreed.

The king just handed him the keys to the kingdom and his throne.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think I'm ever going to understand why there's so much animosity on the Romo v. Dak topic.

The team doesn't see any. The QBs obviously don't. The team is winning, so fans should be happy. We've got two really, really good QBs. That ought to be something that brings Cowboys fans together and not tears them apart.

What's more, what Romo did today was a fairly selfless class-act move like you rarely see in sports. Just be happy for the team and move on to the BAL game and enjoy the ride, everybody. Man.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not even a little. I'm with @DFWJC It's just been amped. Easy to play loose up til now, but as the season goes on...or even in the next few years. Being QB of America's team is a hard job. Got alot of superbowl or bust types in the fandom.

It's been a great season and folks are talking superbowl and the team hasn't clinched a playoff berth. Dak doesn't have to deliver this year. His rookie success to this point has got him a pass for the next two years. No playoff success and the fans will turn.

LittleD

Reaction score
Romo plays next year here as a back-up for 2yr/14m or we trade him for a 1st after we re-do his deal to help the cap

Kinda clueless are we. Jerry will offer Tony the chance to leave and find his new team just like Demarcus Ware did. Jerry loves Tony and he's not going to ship him off to a losing
team and franchise like the Jets or Cleveland. Tony might want to play for Chicago since he grew up near there. He's not going to re-do his deal, he's going to get paid like Manning.
QB's with skills are a priceless commodity in the NFL right now.

weaver21

Reaction score

I agree. If anything, this will allow Dak to relax and know that having a bad game will not get him yanked. This is his team now and the only way he'll lose his starting spot is if he is injured.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I don't think I'm ever going to understand why there's so much animosity on the Romo v. Dak topic.

The team doesn't see any. The QBs obviously don't. The team is winning, so fans should be happy. We've got two really, really good QBs. That ought to be something that brings Cowboys fans together and not tears them apart.

What's more, what Romo did today was a fairly selfless class-act move like you rarely see in sports. Just be happy for the team and move on to the BAL game and enjoy the ride, everybody. Man.

Well said. But the conference is a big deal, Idgit. Quite frankly, I'm surprised to see some of the more esteemed members here downplaying such a heartfelt conference from one of our best ever.

Am I missing something?

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Not even a little. I'm with @DFWJC It's just been amped. Easy to play loose up til now, but as the season goes on...or even in the next few years. Being QB of America's team is a hard job. Got alot of superbowl or bust types in the fandom.

It's been a great season and folks are talking superbowl and the team hasn't clinched a playoff berth. Dak doesn't have to deliver this year. His rookie success to this point has got him a pass for the next two years. No playoff success and the fans will turn.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, WG. IMO this should take pressure off Dak knowing this is now his team, and it's not a win or bench situation anymore.