Romo speaks to the media **merged**

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The PC has only emboldened the Romo stans and I'm sure they will take out their frustrations on Dak going forward. I appreciate Romo's contributions to this franchise but man are his stans annoying as hell.

The actual number of people who are either all in on Tony or all in on Dak seems to me to be very small as a percentage of posters here, fwiw. And if Romo's not taking our frustration on Dak, I'm not sure it's so obvious that his fans will.

What I think is happening is that some fans are saddened by the changing of the guard here, which is understandable. Give them a thread to rub it out, and they'll be back on board in an hour or two.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup. It's self evident in this thread. lol
You crack me up. You were THE biggest Romo defender I'd ever seen on CZ. I mean huge. Now you're the biggest Dak defender, even though it really shouldn't be a Dak vs Romo or Romo vs Dak convo.

Dak has the keys to the corvette, and you're still upset (for lack of a better word). Why? I don't even see the issue. lol

Zordon

Reaction score
I hope not. I have all the respect in the world for Romo and have wanted nothing more than to see him and this team win a championship but long before I was a Romo fan I am a Dallas Cowboys fan. Dak is not getting some hand out, he has helped lead this team to a franchise best 8 wins in a row. While I can understand people's sadness and frustration Dak does not deserve fans coming down on him. He has done all that has been asked and more for this team. As I mentioned earlier if Romo is forced into action I have no doubt he can do the job.
Just like Jerry Jones, many fans on here want to win their way. That means Romo at the helm. Mark my word, the criticism of Dak will go up tenfold now that all of the Romo stans are in their feelings.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
This was Romo putting a QB controversy to rest and being a team player. BUT, it was also him telling potential suitors that he still has something left int he tank. Romo will play elsewhere next season and he has too much pride and feels he still has enough in the tank for him to go out like this. It's the fire the man has had his whole time in Dallas. I would expect nothing less.

This is the same way I feel. But I still wonder if we don't make the Super Bowl if there won't be another QB controversy here next season between Romo and Dak. With Jerry I just can't rule it out.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm 53 and watch a ton of sports. I don't recall a starter losing his spot and being so gracious in any sport. Dak is getting a valuable lesson here.

It's pretty damn impressive, I agree. The closest I could come to it was how David Robinson handled Duncan joining the Spurs. Except we can't play both QBs. :)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Oh definitely! By no means am I hoping Dak fails. I'm a Cowboys fan first and foremost and that would be silly. I'm in the camp that Romo's the better QB, but I also get that they're going with the guy who helped get them to this point. It just makes sense. So I'm sad for Romo, but it just makes sense. More than likely, we won't hear from Romo again unless he plays this season. But I ain't sitting in a prayer closet wishing for it.

I'm enjoying the season. It's nice not to hear Cowboys slander everywhere I go. I want these guys to keep stacking good wins on top of good wins.

I follow enough of your post to know that you are Cowboys before any one player. I do agree as well that Romo is better but then we are talking of a QB with a lot of experience vs a Rookie. On the other hand Dak brings an element to this offense that Romo can't. Those DE can't come crashing down to stop Elliott because when they do Dak very well may pull the ball and take it himself for a big gain or TD. Teams have to be careful not to break outside containment with Dak in the lineup so it does slow the rush.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
You crack me up. You were THE biggest Romo defender I'd ever seen on CZ. I mean huge. Now you're the biggest Dak defender, even though it really shouldn't be a Dak vs Romo or Romo vs Dak convo.

Dak has the keys to the corvette, and you're still upset (for lack of a better word). Why? I don't even see the issue. lol
I'm still a huge Romo, and as such, I can already sense the same ridiculousness Tony had to face with some fans, Dak will have to also. For different reasons, but it's already there. That's all.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I'm talking about GB and Pittsburgh.. they've been playing like hot garbage and if their coach wasn't stupid enough to try 2 point conversions 4 times it would have been a lot different..

The 2 point conversions made no difference, someone already posted the breakdown if the script was followed and Pittsburgh had just kicked their extra points we win 37-34 I believe, anyways it's irrelevant...I get it some of you think Romo would deliver us a super bowl, I just don't see how Romo could become the stater after playing barely any football in the last 2 years, I get it that no rookie QB has ever won a super bowl, maybe Dak can be the first...

Both Pittsburgh and GB are tough places to play and Dak didn't look out of place in either game...

Zordon

Reaction score
The actual number of people who are either all in on Tony or all in on Dak seems to me to be very small as a percentage of posters here, fwiw. And if Romo's not taking our frustration on Dak, I'm not sure it's so obvious that his fans will.

What I think is happening is that some fans are saddened by the changing of the guard here, which is understandable. Give them a thread to rub it out, and they'll be back on board in an hour or two.
Idgit, you don't post in Game Threads. Every Time Dak makes a mistake, they come out of the woodwork.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just like Jerry Jones, many fans on here want to win their way. That means Romo at the helm. Mark my word, the criticism of Dak will go up tenfold now that all of Romo stans are in their feelings.
Oh you mean the same type of criticism Romo received as the starter for all these years? Even tho he played well when the team around him wasn't up to par. Dak is a rookie, he's got the rookie pass and the three-year rule. I think what has to be realized is that he WILL make mistakes. He WILL make bad reads. He WILL have bad plays. And people WILL post about them.

You weren't that sensitive when it came to criticizing Romo. Don't be sensitive if folks are criticizing Dak. That's the way the QB world works.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

And you are one of the biggest purveyors of social media, Cowboys content, etc, on this site -- what made you so irked by the outpouring of support and love to Romo's Press Conference?

With all due respect...

(This also has nothing to do with your dealio with SD)

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
This is the most misunderstood press conference ever. People are acting like Romo died.
The press conference could (and should) have been summed up to "I'm healthy now, but we're going with the hot hand. I'm here to say I support Dak and the team all the way. Thanks."