Romo speaks to the media **merged**

SDCowboy

Reaction score
This thread also has me feeling bad for Dak. When this team inevitably doesn't make it to the SB, there are going to be people crapping all over the kid because Tony wasn't in there, instead of being excited for the future of this team with Dak.

Like I predicted earlier, there are going to be fans that will never like Dak because he effectively ended Tony's reign here. Just as there were fans who never liked Tony, for whatever bizarre reason. I sincerely hope I'm wrong on this, though.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
It's completely stupid as far as I'm concerned. People get wrapped up with their own anonymous opinions over the internet and don't realize it when those opinions are completely at odds with reality. Meanwhile, the team keeps rolling and the elite veteran QB throws himself on the sword because he respects his teammates and it's the right thing to do.

Dak's going to come out this week and do something equally impressive, and there are still going to be posters here yelling at each other over absolutely nothing. It'd be comical if they weren't missing out on a lot of the fun that's going on in the meantime.

Well put. That just about sums it up....

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree but hopefully Dak can keep it going and win. I'm big Romo fan and if he needs to step in I have all the faith in the world in Tony Romo. But I can never pull against the Cowboys just because I want Romo to play. As a long time fan of the Cowboys I would compare this closely to Danny White a man who took so much heat yet gave his all to this franchise. Danny just like Romo were good enough to win championships however Championships are not won by QB alone they are a team accomplishment.
Oh definitely! By no means am I hoping Dak fails. I'm a Cowboys fan first and foremost and that would be silly. I'm in the camp that Romo's the better QB, but I also get that they're going with the guy who helped get them to this point. It just makes sense. So I'm sad for Romo, but it just makes sense. More than likely, we won't hear from Romo again unless he plays this season. But I ain't sitting in a prayer closet wishing for it.

I'm enjoying the season. It's nice not to hear Cowboys slander everywhere I go. I want these guys to keep stacking good wins on top of good wins.

Zordon

Reaction score
This thread also has me feeling bad for Dak. When this team inevitably doesn't make it to the SB, there are going to be people crapping all over the kid because Tony wasn't in there, instead of being excited for the future of this team with Dak.

Like I predicted earlier, there are going to be fans that will never like Dak because he effectively ended Tony's reign here. Just as there were fans who never liked Tony, for whatever bizarre reason. I sincerely hope I'm wrong on this, though.
Yup you see it coming too.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
The reason so many of the trolls are mad is because Tony, the ultimate team player, made a move for his team today in handing the keys to Dak & saying he's the starter now.

This makes the trolls MAD. They have REALLY ENJOYED the 10+ weeks of constant trolling about how this team would be destroyed/make the wrong move once Tony was 100% healthy and ready to play.

And now that Tony is 100% healthy and ready to play, he comes out and robs the trolls of all the drama they were ready to unleash, in the media, on the blogs, here on the CZ board. They were looking forward to WEEKS of a suited up, ready-to-go-in-on-a-moment's-notice Tony Romo on the sideline, looking over Dak's shoulder! Oh MAN were they looking forward to all that drama!

Damn right they are mad. Why couldn't Tony have kept his mouth shut and just allowed them to continue talking about how the drama over who should start over the rest of the season was hurting this team?

Tony just took that away from them.

Well boo hoo hoo. Cry me a river.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Some of you guys are soft. I liked Romo and hoped he would win a SB because that means Dallas would have won, Im sure Romo felt bad, but he'll get over it. He is a millionaire, has two kids, and a hot wife, if getting benched is the worst thing, then he has lived a damn good life, and I wasnt even happy when Ware won with Denver

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score

SD why do you think it's inevitable we don't make the SB? I mean it's no lock for sure but I don't consider anyone else a big threat in the NFC other than Seattle. The NFC should fear us not the other way around. This is really good team and we are definitely contenders for the Super Bowl, doesn't guarantee we'll get there but we certainly have a shot.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The PC has only emboldened the Romo Stans and I'm sure they will take out their frustrations on Dak going forward.

I hope not. I have all the respect in the world for Romo and have wanted nothing more than to see him and this team win a championship but long before I was a Romo fan I am a Dallas Cowboys fan. Dak is not getting some hand out, he has helped lead this team to a franchise best 8 wins in a row. While I can understand people's sadness and frustration Dak does not deserve fans coming down on him. He has done all that has been asked and more for this team. As I mentioned earlier if Romo is forced into action I have no doubt he can do the job.

weaver21

Reaction score

I hope fans aren't like that. I know me personally I would never think that. This is a young team and you're exactly right that we have an exciting future with Dak, Zeke, etc. But you're probably right lol and this coming from a massive Romo fan like myself.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
SD why do you think it's inevitable we don't make the SB? I mean it's no lock for sure but I don't consider anyone else a big threat in the NFC other than Seattle. They should fear us not the other way around. This is really good team and we are definitely contenders for the Super Bowl, doesn't guarantee we'll get there but we certainly have a shot.
I don't mean it like that. But getting to the SB or even having a decent playoff run requires a lot of things to go right. And if that doesn't happen, the new Dak haters will come out of the woodwork instead of being excited for the future of this team under him, which we all should be.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score

I really hope not. I have been very emotional on behalf of Tony and battled and fought and apologized to posters and fought them again for him for years and I love Dak and recognize he's the future. Maybe it's because I'm old enough to remember what Danny went through when Roger retired. He got crucified for a long time and was a QB capable of winning a Super Bowl, it just didn't happen.

As I have said before it's not the Dallas Romo's and it's not the Dallas Dak's. It's the Dallas Cowboys and will be when Dak's replacement happens.

The circle of life man - the circle of life.

Dodger12

Reaction score
This was Romo putting a QB controversy to rest and being a team player. BUT, it was also him telling potential suitors that he still has something left int he tank. Romo will play elsewhere next season and he has too much pride and feels he still has enough in the tank for him to go out like this. It's the fire the man has had his whole time in Dallas. I would expect nothing less.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I hope not. I have all the respect in the world for Romo and have wanted nothing more than to see him and this team win a championship but long before I was a Romo fan I am a Dallas Cowboys fan. Dak is not getting some hand out, he has helped lead this team to a franchise best 8 wins in a row. While I can understand people's sadness and frustration Dak does not deserve fans coming down on him. He has done all that has been asked and more for this team. As I mentioned earlier if Romo is forced into action I have no doubt he can do the job.
In all my years as a Cowboy fan I can honestly say if our starting QB goes down, I don't care. Because I don't have to worry about the back up.