Romo speaks to the media **merged**

superonyx

Reaction score
Not even a little. I'm with @DFWJC It's just been amped. Easy to play loose up til now, but as the season goes on...or even in the next few years. Being QB of America's team is a hard job. Got alot of superbowl or bust types in the fandom.

It's been a great season and folks are talking superbowl and the team hasn't clinched a playoff berth. Dak doesn't have to deliver this year. His rookie success to this point has got him a pass for the next two years. No playoff success and the fans will turn.
It may not be fair to Dak...but this is the NFL so fair has nothing to do with it.....but if he doesn't have playoff success this year maybe even Super Bowl level success this year it will be questioned if the coaches made the right call going with him over Romo. When you are keeping the job from Romo then you are also taking the same expectations that would exist with Romo. If the standard and expectations are lower then he shouldn't be starting over Romo.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I think most got choked up about that speech. I would like to see him at least get some playing time if opportunity arises.

Craig

Reaction score
Yeah, being a rookie is not an excuse. He has been given the job over romo. This is a super bowl contender in a year where the league is really soft. Expectations could not be higher...there is no "experience" pass here.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
It's a sad day for the trolls. I almost feel sorry for them. 7 more weeks and then a playoff run and Tony just defused all that drama they were hoping to create.

Zordon

Reaction score
Oh you mean the same type of criticism Romo received as the starter for all these years? Even tho he played well when the team around him wasn't up to par. Dak is a rookie, he's got the rookie pass and the three-year rule. I think what has to be realized is that he WILL make mistakes. He WILL make bad reads. He WILL have bad plays. And people WILL post about them.

You weren't that sensitive when it came to criticizing Romo. Don't be sensitive if folks are criticizing Dak. That's the way the QB world works.
Apples and oranges...

Romo came on board in 2003. He didn't receive his first round of criticism until 2007 for his Cabo gaffe. So it took him 4 years to enter the fire......Meanwhile Dak is getting criticized and nitpicked to death in his rookie year after leading the team to an 8-1 record. That's also the difference btw me and them- I got behind Romo when we were winning. These clowns are in their feelings and second guessing every mistake Dak makes even though we have the BEST RECORD IN THE NFL! :laugh:It's pathetic and a sad indictment on a portion of our fanbase.

I mean seriously how is this defensible???? ----------------->>>>>>>>>>

Part of me wants to see him go to Denver and win a Superbowl. I even had to hesitate for a second on who I'd rather see win in a Cowboys / Broncos Superbowl with Romo at QB.

JS22

Reaction score
Disgrace.....

Disgrace? That's a little rough. All I said was that I briefly hesitated. Just shows how much I respect Romo and how underrated I think he is. Would love to see him get a ring. Unfortunately it's not going to be here. Not as a starter anyway, barring a collapse.

Zordon

Reaction score
It may not be fair to Dak...but this is the NFL so fair has nothing to do with it.....but if he doesn't have playoff success this year maybe even Super Bowl level success this year it will be questioned if the coaches made the right call going with him over Romo. When you are keeping the job from Romo then you are also taking the same expectations that would exist with Romo. If the standard and expectations are lower then he shouldn't be starting over Romo.
We're going to second guess whether the backup could have done something that he hasn't done in his 13 year career...goodness.

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
yet if they pull Dak and Dallas does not win it all then coaches will be blamed for that as well.

khiladi

Reaction score
The 2 point conversions made no difference, someone already posted the breakdown if the script was followed and Pittsburgh had just kicked their extra points we win 37-34 I believe, anyways it's irrelevant...I get it some of you think Romo would deliver us a super bowl, I just don't see how Romo could become the stater after playing barely any football in the last 2 years, I get it that no rookie QB has ever won a super bowl, maybe Dak can be the first...

Both Pittsburgh and GB are tough places to play and Dak didn't look out of place in either game...

This isn't about Dak's play which has been great. Romo also, when he played in pre season, marched his team down in this offense with easy scores.

We won 35-30. Of course things can go differently, but easiest path to assume..

4 easy points off the board on extra kicks if you give it back and Dallas is down 34-28 and there is no option for a FG. Pittsburgh simply plays deep zone. That run the OL flattened everybody on the Pittsburgh line on what they thought was a FG. They wouldn't have played it that way.

Also, when did Romo ever have a screen pass to a runner that netted 88 Yards.

Everybody is downplaying what Linehan has brought with this personnel to bash Romo's play.

Romo playoff game in 2006, Parcells refused to attack the Seattle CBs off the street. He's not, throughout his career, witnessed the total personnel on offense with a OC that is one step ahead of everybody right now.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Disgrace? That's a little rough. All I said was that I briefly hesitated. Just shows how much I respect Romo and how underrated I think he is. Would love to see him get a ring. Unfortunately it's not going to be here. Not as a starter anyway, barring a collapse.
I mean, I'd be thrilled for Tony to win a SB somewhere else if we weren't vying for it. But there should be zero hesitation when it comes between the Cowboys or Tony on another team. Come on man. :laugh:

superonyx

Reaction score
Disgrace.....
This wasn't aimed at me since I'm not the poster...but I can understand his point. Not saying agree with it but understand it. Being a huge Romo fan if he ended up in Denver and we played them in the Super Bowl it would be a game that I couldn't totally enjoy. I would want us to win but watching Romo lose his only shot at a Super Bowl would also be sad. But losing the Super Bowl would also be terrible...
So I don't think his post was that bad. I can appreciate a person looking past the laundry and looking at the people wearing the uniforms.
Romo has a competitive burning that won't just go away. I think we all knew in the back of our minds that he would be forced out of this game before he gave up.

We haven't seen the last of Romo. Anything but a Super Bowl victory will mean open competition in camp next year and I wouldn't bet against Romo.

khiladi

Reaction score
This is the most misunderstood press conference ever. People are acting like Romo died.
The press conference could (and should) have been summed up to "I'm healthy now, but we're going with the hot hand. I'm here to say I support Dak and the team all the way. Thanks."

And he also said it's made him more competitive than ever. It's basically lit a fire under him.

JS22

Reaction score
I mean, I'd be thrill for Tony to win a SB somewhere else if we weren't vying for it. But there should be zero hesitation when it comes between the Cowboys or Tony on another team. Come on man. :laugh:

If I could go back and edit that post I would. It was right after I watched the presser. But Zordon took me to the woodshed and there's no turning back. :omg:

That said I'm a huge Romo homer and would love to see him win a ring somewhere. But NO, not against Dallas.