Romo speaks to the media **merged**

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I follow enough of your post to know that you are Cowboys before any one player. I do agree as well that Romo is better but then we are talking of a QB with a lot of experience vs a Rookie. On the other hand Dak brings an element to this offense that Romo can't. Those DE can't come crashing down to stop Elliott because when they do Dak very well may pull the ball and take it himself for a big gain or TD. Teams have to be careful not to break outside containment with Dak in the lineup so it does slow the rush.
Dak's ability to run is a nice element to have, but I hate the read option and run-first QBs. So his ability to run is appreciated, but I like that he's not looking to run every down.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Just like Jerry Jones, many fans on here want to win their way. That means Romo at the helm. Mark my word, the criticism of Dak will go up tenfold now that all of the Romo stans are in their feelings.

I have been a Cowboy fan since 1965 there is nothing fan can do that I have not seen. Your right for many it is more important that things go their way than any success. I think fans can be very unfair to players. I watched Danny White whom really had it rough because he was the man who had to follow in Staubach shoes. Danny did a lot of great things as a QB Dallas was reaching the NFC Championship games and played great even in some big loses yet fans dumped on White. In this situation we have a young QB who has this team on a roll and Cowboys are not going to change it and I can promise you if Tony was the HC he would not change it. For now Romo is backup but I can promise you Romo will work hard he will be ready to go and he will push Dak because Romo is a competitor and that is not going to fade away. Romo will also try and help Dak when ever he can.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And you are one of the biggest purveyors of social media, Cowboys content, etc, on this site -- what made you so irked by the outpouring of support and love to Romo's Press Conference?

With all due respect...

(This also has nothing to do with your dealio with SD)
I'm not irked, at all. Where do you get that from?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dak's ability to run is a nice element to have, but I hate the read option and run-first QBs. So his ability to run is appreciated, but I like that he's not looking to run every down.

I agree but I also like the element because it keeps those ends from crashing down on run plays. Thing is Dak is not taking off on the run that often and he continues to look down the field for targets not just run but like some other QB if you give him free real estate he is going to take it.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I have been a Cowboy fan since 1965 there is nothing fan can do that I have not seen. Your right for many it is more important that things go their way than any success. I think fans can be very unfair to players. I watched Danny White whom really had it rough because he was the man who had to follow in Staubach shoes. Danny did a lot of great things as a QB Dallas was reaching the NFC Championship games and played great even in some big loses yet fans dumped on White. In this situation we have a young QB who has this team on a roll and Cowboys are not going to change it and I can promise you if Tony was the HC he would not change it. For now Romo is backup but I can promise you Romo will work hard he will be ready to go and he will push Dak because Romo is a competitor and that is not going to fade away. Romo will also try and help Dak when ever he can.

Any one who doubts that has no idea what Romo is about.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
This is the most misunderstood press conference ever. People are acting like Romo died.
The press conference could (and should) have been summed up to "I'm healthy now, but we're going with the hot hand. I'm here to say I support Dak and the team all the way. Thanks."

NO NO SHUT UP TONY I DEMAND *DRAMA!* I CRAVE DRAMA!!! I MUST HAVE IT! I need a suited up ready-to-go-in-the-game-at-a-moment's-notice Tony Romo staring over Dak's shoulder on the sidelines for the rest of the season!

And you're going to come out today and just CONCEDE that Dak is the starter???!!! Really??? WHAT THE HELL IS THE MATTER WITH YOU??!!

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT??!! Why would you rob us of all that drama, Tony?!

What the hell am I gonna do on this board for the rest of the season if I can't constantly stir up Dak/Romo drama??!!

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Agreed. I never want him to become a "running QB", but I do wish he would actually do so a tad more often.

Zordon

Reaction score
This is the most misunderstood press conference ever. People are acting like Romo died.
The press conference could (and should) have been summed up to "I'm healthy now, but we're going with the hot hand. I'm here to say I support Dak and the team all the way. Thanks."
First time I've ever agreed with you. :laugh:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Any one who doubts that has no idea what Romo is about.

You bet, Tony will not be out there just to collecting a pay check. This will only push Romo to work and compete. I think some may take that the wrong way but Tony is a competitor and will do all he can to make himself better. That does not mean he will not be out there helping Dak where he can, because he has and I think will continue to do that.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
You bet, Tony will not be out there just to collecting a pay check. This will only push Romo to work and compete. I think some may take that the wrong way but Tony is a competitor and will do all he can to make himself better. That does not mean he will not be out there helping Dak where he can, because he has and I think will continue to do that.

Romo is a team first guy as he has proven time and time again. Proved again in that presser. Dak is one lucky SOB to have him to learn and grow from.

Zordon

Reaction score
58ntyz.gif

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
They were 3-1 when we played them and we've had trouble at Lambeau throughout our history plus they have one of the best QBs in the league who's won a championship. Stop trying to cheapen the win because you and no one else would be doing it if Romo had been the QB. Despite the Steelers record and not having Lebeau they're still a tough opponent especially at home. They desperately needed that game last week and it was a battle and Dak came through.

The Head Romo hater speaks.

Dodger12

Reaction score
This is the same way I feel. But I still wonder if we don't make the Super Bowl if there won't be another QB controversy here next season between Romo and Dak. With Jerry I just can't rule it out.

Anything is possible with Jerry but I just can't see them going back to Romo now and all their chips are in with Dak. He's done in Dallas unless Dak completely crumbles and comes back to earth and even then they may not go back to Romo unless they need to save their season. No way we pay 14 million for a back-up QB. Romo is playing elsewhere next season.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I'm not irked, at all. Where do you get that from?

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/romo-speaks-to-the-media-merged.362898/page-12#post-6979864

Couldn't find your OP, WG, I am largely drawing this (my assumption, mind you) from your last paragraph of my reply to you. Post 220. It was amidst a plethora of supportive posts supporting Romo's speech. I found it incongruent with what you normally post. I hold you in the highest esteem, so please take this lightly.

I apologize. I probably went too far, but you deserved clarification.