Romo speaks to the media **merged**

drawandstrike

Reaction score
When you're looking forward to trolling all the other Cowboys fans for around 10-11 more games with your relentless Tony/Dak drama.....and then you find out Tony just defused the whole thing with 1 announcement today by accepting the backup QB role this season.

funny-kids-pictures-miss-crankypants-445x299.jpg

Zordon

Reaction score
Disgrace? That's a little rough. All I said was that I briefly hesitated. Just shows how much I respect Romo and how underrated I think he is. Would love to see him get a ring. Unfortunately it's not going to be here. Not as a starter anyway, barring a collapse.
It was a disgraceful comment. We've been waiting 20 years for a Super Bowl title yet you don't know who you'd support in a Cowboys vs Romo led Broncos Super Bowl matchup?

Nobody studies harder than Sean Lee. Jason Witten is the face of the franchise. Tyron Smith took a major pay cut for this franchise. Nobody has more passion for this fans and this franchise. These guys don't deserve a ring as well? Wow...get a grip my man. Romo hasn't cornered the market on sacrificing for this franchise.

Craig

Reaction score
When you're looking forward to trolling all the other Cowboys fans for around 10-11 more games with your relentless Tony/Dak drama.....and then you find out Tony just defused the whole thing with 1 announcement today by accepting the backup QB role this season.

funny-kids-pictures-miss-crankypants-445x299.jpg
Are you attempting to troll some
Trolls? What is it with this spamming
About romo/dak trolls?

GIFTS86

Reaction score
Hey Romo was good now he's playing backup considering the situation at hand. No big deal. If he is needed he will step up and play. And there now looking forward to sunday. I can't wait for sunday.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
It was a disgraceful comment. We've been waiting 20 years for a Super Bowl title yet you don't know who you'd support in a Cowboys vs Romo led Broncos Super Bowl matchup?

Nobody studies harder than Sean Lee. Jason Witten is the face of the franchise. Tyron Smith took a major pay cut for this franchise. Nobody has more passion for this fans and this franchise These guys don't deserve a ring as well? Wow...get a grip my man.
Zord, I don't think he meant it that literally, man.

Last edited:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
It was a good speech, but he should have taken some questions.

All he said was he didnt want to be a distraction, and that Dak is now the starter and he will support him.

I do wonder if this is what he wanted to do, or if he was asked to do it.

I also wonder if this means he wont be # 2 qb, at any point, because he would be better to have than sanchez if Dak gets hurt or
concussed etc.
o
This was all prepared by the team IMO. Romo looked so uncomfortable on there. Think the team had him say it instead of the team announcing it. They probably told him the news and direction they were going. So instead of prolonging the worst kept secret in sports they had Romo break it to the media in his own words. Well his own voice because u can tell that statement was prepared.

Romo will be getting Dallas a Rd1 pick in the offseason.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Nobody studies harder than Sean Lee. Jason Witten is the face of the franchise. Tyron Smith took a major pay cut for this franchise. Nobody has more passion for this fans and this franchise These guys don't deserve a ring as well? Wow...get a grip my man.
I never felt like rooting for Craig Morton when he took the broncos to the SB. I was glad he had success but I wanted the Cowboys to destroy him. I agree with you I'm a cowboy fan first rather than a fan of just one player.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
Are you attempting to troll some
Trolls? What is it with this spamming
About romo/dak trolls?

I'm higher than a kite and enjoying the fact a lot of people whining about what Romo did today, saying he should have kept his mouth shut or something are exposing themselves, yes.

CxC1993

Reaction score
Tony Romo: An absolute class act & selfless leader to the end
Romo Haters: Absolutely freaking ridiculous to the end

In all seriousness tho, I think what he did was very classy. It basically puts to rest the constant media controversy & takes the pressure off Dak. His story is not fully over, I don't think. He could very well see the field again this year because you never know, or sadly for us he could get his ring somewhere else. Whatever happens, I'll always appreciate Tony Romo & what he gave & has meant to this franchise for so many years.

Zordon

Reaction score
Romo will be getting Dallas a Rd1 pick in the offseason.
I do think seeing him speak passionately about his competitiveness and the positive feedback he's getting from the media will help us get a higher pick. This was good PR for him and, indirectly, us.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I do think seeing him speak passionately about his competitiveness and the positive feedback he's getting from the media will help us get a higher pick.
What level of pick would you predict?

JS22

Reaction score

"Get a grip?" Ok. All I said was that I briefly hesitated after watching the presser. And that's only because I'm a massive Romo homer and appreciate was he has done for this team. He's going to go down as one of the most underrated QB and doesn't deserve the "hate" he gets from fans and the media. He has carried this team on his back, finally has a potentially elite team around him, and is probably never going to start for the Cowboys again.

Of course I would want to see the Cowboys win a Superbowl regardless of who is playing QB on the other side. But I will openly admit that it's not a game that I would take great joy in watching. Yeah, I'm a Romo homer. But I'm also a Romo homer who is thrilled with what Dak is doing. And no, I would NOT take him out. He has played beyond expectations and deserves to keep the job. No question.

Last edited:

waving monkey

Reaction score
There is a leader. He told the truth and stepped aside. He grew during this season
and he is now bigger then ever in my eyes. Smart thing he did, yes. I'm a better man for watching that speech.
Thanks Romo.

Zordon

Reaction score
"Get a grip?" Ok. All I said was that I briefly hesitated after watching the presser. And that's only because I'm a massive Romo homer and appreciate was he has done for this team. He's going to go down as one of the most underrated QB and doesn't deserve the "hate" he gets from fans and the media. He has carried this team on his back, finally has a potentially elite team around here, and is probably never going to start for the Cowboys again.

Of course I would want to see the Cowboys win a Superbowl regardless of who is playing QB on the other side. But I will openly admit that it's not a game that I would take great joy in watching. Yeah, I'm a Romo homer. But I'm also a Romo homer who is thrilled with what Dak is doing. And no, I would NOT take him out. He has played beyond expectations and deserves to keep the job. No question.
Alright I get your viewpoint. I just hate when people put the players/coaches/biases over the team. Romo is not the only one sacrificing for this franchise. I've seen Jason Witten in tears wayyy too many times after soul crushing losses. I've said that it would be a sports tragedy if that man never played in a Super Bowl. That being said I would never root for him at the detriment of the Cowboys.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
The way Romo talks he sounds like he wants to play but Jerry saying he would make a great OC just strikes me as odd. I wonder if he's talking about playing this season if Dak gets hurt only and he plans to retire at the end of the season, or maybe he hasn't made up his mind. But I'm sure there's been talks from Jerry to get him to stay as a coach because he probably doesn't want to see him on another team, but on the other hand I think Jerry would trade him to any team he asked him to. This offseason will be interesting.